The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

Favorite TV Series and Episode

Oh, this one's easy for me. It's "Cliff in Love" from I think the third season of the Cosby Show.

Dr. Huxtable's oldest daughter Sandra is home from college for a weekend and has had a fight with her goofy boyfriend, Elvin, and has holed herself up in her bedroom driver her sisters crazy. Doctor and Mrs. Huxtable talk her into calling a guy her friends have told her about. She does, and a date with a guy named Daryl is set for later. In the meantime, Elvin stops by the house with flowers for Sandra to apologize and confounds Cliff once again with his chauvinistic, yet innocent, ideals.

Daryl comes to the Huxtable house to pick up Sandra... but Cliff corners him in the living room before Sandra is ready. Daryl is handsome, mature, well-spoken, and, the biggie... PRE-MED. Sandra and Daryl leave, with Cliff telling them not to rush home and asking if they need any money. Elvin calls the house afterward to leave a message for Sandra that he can't drive her back to college til later that evening. Therefore, when Daryl brings Sandra home from their late afternoon out, Cliff invites him to stay for dinner. Daryl fits right in with the entire family, but Cliff's getting irritated that Daryl's not charming Sandra enough. He drags Daryl away from the kitchen to explain this to him. And Daryl relies that he's a slow mover, leading to this classic exchange:

Cliff: You don't have time!

Daryl: What do you mean?

Cliff: Because HE'S COMING!

Daryl: WHO's coming?

Cliff: ELVIN!!

Daryl: Who's Elvin?

Cliff: Elvin is the fellow that she likes.

Daryl: Oh! .... Well then why am I here?

Cliff: Because you're the fellow... I LIKE!

So Daryl leaves shortly thereafter and Elvin shows up to take Sandra back to college. Elvin talks to Dr. and Mrs. Huxtable while Sandra gets ready to go, and Elvin doesn't understand why Cliff would bring Clair coffee, leading Mrs. Huxtable to completely go off on Elvin before offering to bring both Elvin and Cliff coffee. Clair leaves and Cliff advises Elvin, "When she brings you that coffee... I wouldn't drink it." And we roll credits.

Favorite show is The Wire...and choosing one episode is a bit difficult.

But since that show is more of a 5 season mini series than episodic, I'll go with another show for an episode: "A Head in the Polls" from Futurama.

"WKRP in Cincinati" and the Turkey day episode. The station manager gets the bright idea of droping live domesticated turkeys from a helicopter. The wimp sports reporter goes live and reports on the turleys hiting the ground: ""OH, the humanity of it." Still have a crush on Bailey Quarters,

"WKRP in Cincinati" and the Turkey day episode. The station manager gets the bright idea of droping live domesticated turkeys from a helicopter. The wimp sports reporter goes live and reports on the turleys hiting the ground: ""OH, the humanity of it." Still have a crush on Bailey Quarters,

You're not on a pool forum, are you??

Goin way back here for most of these. The finalists

"Barney Miller" the Pot Brownies Episode

"Superman" The one where they had drilled a real deep hole (don't remember if it was for oil or what) and a bunch of inner earth types crawled out

"Soap", when Burt thinks that he can make himself invisible

"Taxi" When Jim takes the driving test

Seinfeld the contest

24 season one

My Winner .......

Star Trek The Next Generation: The Inner Light

The Office: Diversity Day

Really have to see the episode to get it, but here's some quotes:

Pam Beesly: If I have to do this, based on stereotypes that are totally not true and I do not agree with, you would maybe not be a very good driver.

Dwight Schrute: Oh man! Am I a woman?

Kevin: Do you want to go to the beach?

Angela: Maybe.

Kevin: Do you want to get high?

Angela: No.

Kevin: I think you do, mon.

Michael: That would have really really showed him up, wouldn

Favorite episode: The episode of Thundercats where Mumm-Ra disguises himself as Pumm-Ra and infiltrates Cat's Lair.

Just kidding...it's "The Spoils," season 1 of "Rome". It's the one where Vorenus pwns the giant gladiator in most graphic fashion. "THIRTEEN!" if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about!

Favorite series: "The Wire," without a doubt. It's hard to pick just one episode of that show.

Sienfield, to many to choose from,

2.5 Men also to many to choose

and the Beverly Hillbillies, when Granny goes away and Jethro gets a hot Italian Girl to cook for him and he tells Granny upon her return home that the Hot italian girl cooks him "Noodles with Marijuana Sauce " :)

The Office: Diversity Day

Really have to see the episode to get it, but here's some quotes:

Pam Beesly: If I have to do this, based on stereotypes that are totally not true and I do not agree with, you would maybe not be a very good driver.

Dwight Schrute: Oh man! Am I a woman?

Kevin: Do you want to go to the beach?

Angela: Maybe.

Kevin: Do you want to get high?

Angela: No.

Kevin: I think you do, mon.

Michael: That would have really really showed him up, wouldn

Seinfeld- too many to choose one, some of my top ones:

The Keith Hernandez episodes

The Marine Biologist

Kenny Rogers Roasters

The Comeback

The Nap

The Frogger

I've got to laugh every time at the episode where Kramer convinces Jerry to wear the Puffy Shirt.

152723__puffy_l.jpg

Also..

Any episode of Knight Rider(the old one) or The A-Team! What kid in their right mind did not want to be Face or drive KITT?

My absolute favorite would have to be Seinfeld and "The Contest" episode. When Kramer leaves the room for about 30 seconds and comes back in, slams his money down, and says "I'm out", that gets me every time.

There have been some great ones mentioned here. The WKRP turkey drop was great. Another great WKRP was when the new DJ had the cocaine and Mr. Carlson put it on his foot thinking it was foot powder. Seeing Mr. C whacking his foot with his shoe, saying "I've got a monkey on my foot", priceless. I'm a closet Bailey Quarters fan also.

The Taxi with Rev Jim taking the driving test is great too. "What does a yellow light mean?"

It's not a great series, but there is a scene in "My Wife and Kids" where Damon Wayans has to have a colonoscopy and Lou Rawls is the doctor singing "You'll never find, another love like mine". Go to youtube and search for Lou Rawls colonoscopy and be ready to LOL. I emailed a link of this to a friend who was about to have this procedure and he was really thankfull. He couldn't get that out of his head.

For us mature fellows, did any of you watch "Buffalo Bill" with Dabny Coleman? There was one where he passed out and dreamed of going to hell. He was in a dentist chair getting ready to have a root canal and his son walked in with the milkman and introduced him as his father.