The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kastagir

Canes Personalized Jersey Help

I'm not sure where this should be posted, but I think this is where I see the most people.

The day after the deadline, shop.nhl.com offered free customization of jerseys. Having purchased from them in the past, I purchased 2 of our new black jerseys with Conboy's and Borer's name and number. When we received them, they were not the same quality as what we get when we buy from The Eye. These numbers are not the layered/sewn twill that is used at the RBC center. They instead appear to be a silkscreened, single layered imitation twill pattern that was heat pressed on. This is unacceptable. Does anyone know of a way to have this stuff (I would love to use a stronger word) removed? Is there a place that anyone can reccomend that will add respectable lettering and numbers? If such information is not permitted or seen as an endorsement, feel free to PM me with the information.

Please help as I am in the doghouse with the wife. If you see someone with a pathetically name/numbered plastic looking jersey, you'll know its us.

Call the Eye and tell them the story(ask for someone with jersey customization). I have a feeling heat sealed wont come off too easy without leaving stains and marks but if a sewn on plate covers over it, it may work. Its worth asking at least.

I called the Eye and she called a person of "higher authority" at the RBC center who said it could not be done. I have read elsewhere on the internet of people maybe taking their's to a place that does uniforms and the like. Does anyone know of a place that does hockey uniforms? I don't know if the RecZone or any of the Ice Houses are equipped for such a request, so I am really relying on the knowledge of others.

Any suggestions would rock.

I called the Eye and she called a person of "higher authority" at the RBC center who said it could not be done. I have read elsewhere on the internet of people maybe taking their's to a place that does uniforms and the like. Does anyone know of a place that does hockey uniforms? I don't know if the RecZone or any of the Ice Houses are equipped for such a request, so I am really relying on the knowledge of others.

Dude I know exactly what you mean, Reebok jips you soooo bad on that stuff and it's not clear enough when you order to catch it. I bought an Erik Cole jersey from NHL.com, got it and was very disgusted by the quality, especially after what you pay for that, I mean look at the old iron numbers, they were like the same exact quality as the sew on but just like glued on. Unfortunately in my experience I don't believe there is an easy situation out of it, I ended up giving that *edit* away to a friend of mine and getting the same jersey for christmas with the sewn on numbers and name from www.icejerseys.com. At least for myself I didn't come out any worse than I was. This other site has kits that you can buy to do your own http://www.coolhockey.com/cool_player_kits.php''>http://www.coolhockey.com/cool_player_kits.php' target="_blank">http://www.coolhockey.com/cool_player_kits.php[/post]

I guess you could heat up the stuff on your current one, take it off and sew on a new one over it.

I really wish there were some mass way to get out the message not to buy customized jerseys from NHL.com they are robbing people

Good luck man, I feel your pain

Five hole Sports in Cary does all the youth hockey jerseys for RYHA, CYAH and the Jr Hurricanes. Ask for Andrew Barron, he's the owner. Hope that helps.

http://fiveholesports.com/catalog/index.php/''>http://fiveholesports.com/catalog/index.php/' target="_blank">http://fiveholesports.com/catalog/index.php/[/post]

I ordered a LaRose jersey in 2007 from NHL.com and got the same result. It's essentially a piece of plastic ironed on the jersey, going as far as faking sewing threads. Since then, I order my jerseys from River City Sports, a place in Winnipeg, friendly staff and do it amazing for dirt cheap. They have a website you can do it from. I highly recommend you check them out. High quality work! It will take a week or two for you to get it, but its worth the price.

I ordered a LaRose jersey in 2007 from NHL.com and got the same result. It's essentially a piece of plastic ironed on the jersey, going as far as faking sewing threads. Since then, I order my jerseys from River City Sports, a place in Winnipeg, friendly staff and do it amazing for dirt cheap. They have a website you can do it from. I highly recommend you check them out. High quality work! It will take a week or two for you to get it, but its worth the price.

what is the website?

The real question here is why would you buy a Conboy or Borer Jersey??????

j/k -- I have ordered Jerseys from NHL.com a couple years ago when they were still CCM and they were identical tot he ones sold at the Eye, lettering and all -- do not know if this has anything to do with the Reebok *edit* jerseys.

Are you not able to return them at all? Do they not have a return policy?

I could understand if you put your own name/number on it but not an actual player.

Also I am suprised you are allowed to post this thread without the NHL getting upset or something and make the Canes remove it.

After buying jerseys at a few places other than the Eye, I've realized that no one has jerseys as nice as the EYE.

They are always the best looking jerseys available. Plus you can get the season holder discount 10% (if your not one, ask a friend who is to use their card) or wait for the end of the year sale and get 30% off.

Not to mention the money directly supports the Canes vs some random website storefront owner.

After buying jerseys at a few places other than the Eye, I've realized that no one has jerseys as nice as the EYE.

They are always the best looking jerseys available. Plus you can get the season holder discount 10% (if your not one, ask a friend who is to use their card) or wait for the end of the year sale and get 30% off.

Not to mention the money directly supports the Canes vs some random website storefront owner.

agree. I just ordered a Ward, Corvo and Brindy :P :P :P

I couldn't say it better myself :)