The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Manny Ramirez suspended for 50 games for positive drug test

Always found those dread locks suspicious. Manny must be the first woman in the mlb!

Shhhh...I think I hear Aroid taking a huge sigh of relief that someone else big is going down with him. Or is he secretly angry that ManScam is taking away his thunder from his first game back for the season?

BDD_AR_MR_talk_5709_bdd.jpg

I Love my Dodgers and Sox

I wish that bum were never on either team. He is a moron. Dumb as a post.

Sorry Med, this is definately going to hurt your team. I feel kinda bad for the Dodgers and their fans but they did know exactly what they were getting and were still willing to take the chance that no other team would. Good thing they only gave him 2 years and the silver lining is they dont have to pay him the full $25 million this year.

So I guess that long contract hold out all winter long really paid off for Manny. I wonder if the pressures of the off season finally got to him. No team wanted him and the Dodgers werent willing to gamble more than 2 years on him. Then after the contract gets done, he now has the pressure to live up to the high dollar contract in order to get another one and prove himself.

Did I mention how glad I am that Boson isnt dealing with him anymore?

Wow, the LA Times is bitter.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plasch...0,496861.column[/post]

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-...0,3647102.story

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-manny...0,5406162.story

Sorry Med, this is definately going to hurt your team. I feel kinda bad for the Dodgers and their fans but they did know exactly what they were getting and were still willing to take the chance that no other team would. Good thing they only gave him 2 years and the silver lining is they dont have to pay him the full $25 million this year.

So I guess that long contract hold out all winter long really paid off for Manny. I wonder if the pressures of the off season finally got to him. No team wanted him and the Dodgers werent willing to gamble more than 2 years on him. Then after the contract gets done, he now has the pressure to live up to the high dollar contract in order to get another one and prove himself.

Did I mention how glad I am that Boson isnt dealing with him anymore?

Wow, the LA Times is bitter.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plasch...0,496861.column[/post]

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-...0,3647102.story

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-manny...0,5406162.story

Agreed it will hurt LA bu the only good thing is that their division is so bad they they could go 25-25 and stil have a 4 or 5 game lead when he comes back.

In all seriousness though, I think this has got to be the most disappointing doping incident yet...A-Rod, McGwire, Bonds, etc...they all were easy to see as cheats and frauds...at least I wasn't shocked. But Manny? One of the best and most feared hitters this league has ever seen? He'd never even been mentioned before in the roids talk...just a supremely talented guy who had his quirks.

Real disappointing for sure. (except for you Red Sox fans I guess ;))

Real disappointing for sure. (except for you Red Sox fans I guess ;))

depends on how far back it goes... not that I care for the sox either way.

honestly, I don't see how its shocking that a baseball player is on the roids or some enhancer. Its more shocking when one isn't.

Not really shocking, nor is his excuse...Manny is the type that would just let anyone inject him with anything without asking and then just shrug his shoulders when he finds out he tested positive.

Sucks for dodgers fans, they are something special this year so far.

Wow I am so, so, shocked. Another big name MLB'er caught doping. MLB doesn't care and nor do many of its fans.

I lay the whole steroid issue in the lap of the the commish, the owners, and the union. We all knew something was screwy years ago and as long as they were making money, they turned a blind eye to it.
The fans aren't innocent either, in fact I think the fans are most responsible. If the fans actually cared about doping, they wouldn't continue to support MLB. Instead, they expect other people to be the role models for their children instead of refusing to support what is a big fat joke of a league. This is just a barometer for the direction our society is headed IMO. I'm just thankful the NHL doesn't have this problem.

In other news, the weather today will include a temperature and expected precipitation will not be a negative number.

After a night to sleep on this, I'm not enjoying watching Manny fall anymore and I'm just really disappointed. He may be a selfish jerk but I thought he was one of the true natural talents left out there. I know the investigations are just beginning for him (I understand the original investigation that uncovered this was months in the making), and I hope they find that this was only something Manny did this past year.

I tried to think back to when his whole demeanor changed and I came back to when he was trying so hard to break his home run record and was struggling. Things kind of went down hill from there and Manny who was once a pretty harmless selfish player had started to become aggressive and withdrew from the team (according to all reports). Aggression, depression and mood fluctuations are all side effects of steroid cycles. The way things deteriorated so fast in Boston and his new found agressive behavior (fighting with Youk and attacking the press secretary) makes me think there was something else in play, and whatever it was had to be pretty bad when all your teamates want you gone.

I really hope thats as far back as this goes for him but that said, I still want to believe in Albert Pujols.

You shoulda heard Bill plaschke on around the horn he did a 2 minute tirade that left everyone else on the board with thier jaw on the ground and Bill did that first peice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=mlb

Bill Simmons; Red Sox fan, etc. Good writer...one of the few I read on ESPN. He brings up the same point that I did; how the BoSox championships can be questioned now.

I don't think they should be, but it is a shame that steroids literally controlled baseball for a period of like ten years. No one cared either. Too late now, isn't it?

The fans aren't innocent either, in fact I think the fans are most responsible. If the fans actually cared about doping, they wouldn't continue to support MLB. Instead, they expect other people to be the role models for their children instead of refusing to support what is a big fat joke of a league. This is just a barometer for the direction our society is headed IMO. I'm just thankful the NHL doesn't have this problem.

In other news, the weather today will include a temperature and expected precipitation will not be a negative number.

Don't blame me. I stopped being a MLB fan years ago after one of the many strikes. The last time I cared about a MLB team was before Cal Ripken Jr. even thought about the Iron Man record.

Also, don't forget the period of light followed by the period of darkness with your weather report.

I bet A-Rod is happy!!! Shift the light to Manny!!! :unsure:

Timing is everything. A-Rod comes back just when the spotlight has been shifted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090507&sportCat=mlb' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=mlb[/post]

Bill Simmons; Red Sox fan, etc. Good writer...one of the few I read on ESPN. He brings up the same point that I did; how the BoSox championships can be questioned now.

I don't think they should be, but it is a shame that steroids literally controlled baseball for a period of like ten years. No one cared either. Too late now, isn't it?

Im sure there will lots of talk about this until some hard evidence proves different. I wouldnt have issue with the championships (yes I know that Im a Red Sox fan) but I would roll my eyes at his MVP awards. Baseball championships cant be won by 1 guy and even if he was a great slugger, it takes great pitching and all other players on the team doing their share to get the wins.

Im sure plenty will have a different opinion than me

Im sure there will lots of talk about this until some hard evidence proves different. I wouldnt have issue with the championships (yes I know that Im a Red Sox fan) but I would roll my eyes at his MVP awards. Baseball championships cant be won by 1 guy and even if he was a great slugger, it takes great pitching and all other players on the team doing their share to get the wins.

Im sure plenty will have a different opinion than me

I dunno I dont follow baseball much but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know Manny took the dodgers from bumland to pennant contender. Missing peice? or 1 man wonder?

Spygate, Mannygate .... next we'll find out if Boston wins the Cup in 5 years Zdeno was on growth hormones ;)

I dunno I dont follow baseball much but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know Manny took the dodgers from bumland to pennant contender. Missing peice? or 1 man wonder?

Spygate, Mannygate .... next we'll find out if Boston wins the Cup in 5 years Zdeno was on growth hormones ;)

That would explain everything, he is a freak of nature. Guys his size dont play hockey.

I know there is a definite shot he juiced while with the Sox, but I don't think you can look at the championships any differently. A high number in the MLB juiced at one time or other, and for the last 15 seasons or so there is most likely a player on each championship team who juiced. Until something comes out that he was on roids while with the Sox though I have to believe he was clean then. Like I said earlier, in one of my books about 2004 he had his shirt off and he did not look in the slightest like he did roids, but who really knows anymore. Thank goodness we are getting an influx of the younger speed guys again like Ellsbury/Sizmore/Pedroia, etc.

Don't blame me. I stopped being a MLB fan years ago after one of the many strikes. The last time I cared about a MLB team was before Cal Ripken Jr. even thought about the Iron Man record.

Also, don't forget the period of light followed by the period of darkness with your weather report.

I'm not blaming you :lol: Your post just prompted mine :) As for the period of light to follow the period of darkness, it has been dark for an awfully long time and there's no evidence of any sun rising. This has been going on for years and years and MLB still does not have a handle on it. It's pathetic.