The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
captain_jack88

NBA Finals: Orlando vs. L.a. Lakers

In more important sports news, Rafel Nadal lost today in the 4th round of the French Open. It was his first defeat at the Grand Slam tournament in 31 matches.

He was previously 31-0, with four consecutive French Open championships.

A real stunner for sure, for those of us that are tennis fans/play tennis.

Duke's JJ Redick, now with Orlando, will be playing, that has to get some attention, right?

Not really. <_<

and Duke's JJ Redick, now with Orlando, will be playing, that has to get some attention, right?

"Playing" as in "showing up in the box score with a DNP - Coach's Decision," sure.

After making an honest attempt to watch the playoffs, I'm not gonna be tuned into the Finals. I saw way too many bailout whistles when there was no foul - and not enough whistles when there were fouls. Of course, with LeBron having been eliminated the former will be significantly reduced, but the point stands.

Seriously, we got a bunch of hockey fans here who may disagree, but the incompetence of NHL officials pales in comparison to the NBA refs. At least hockey doesn't have a perception of being fixed.

In more important sports news, Rafel Nadal lost today in the 4th round of the French Open. It was his first defeat at the Grand Slam tournament in 31 matches.

He was previously 31-0, with four consecutive French Open championships.

A real stunner for sure, for those of us that are tennis fans/play tennis.

i love nadal, and hate that he lost..

deserves a thread as much as nba...

i love nadal, and hate that he lost..

deserves a thread as much as nba...

He played horribly. I only wish it was Federer that he was playing against. Greatest tennis player ever can't win a French. Same as Sampras, who also never won a French.

EDIT: Oh, and to stay on topic, I haven't watched a basketball game since Jordan left the Bulls. Seriously.

Sigh, yep I'm alone it seems <_<

"Playing" as in "showing up in the box score with a DNP - Coach's Decision," sure.

After making an honest attempt to watch the playoffs, I'm not gonna be tuned into the Finals. I saw way too many bailout whistles when there was no foul - and not enough whistles when there were fouls. Of course, with LeBron having been eliminated the former will be significantly reduced, but the point stands.

Seriously, we got a bunch of hockey fans here who may disagree, but the incompetence of NHL officials pales in comparison to the NBA refs. At least hockey doesn't have a perception of being fixed.

I'm sure he'll be in action, he may not be scoring 20+ a game but I think he'll do fine.

I can understand alot of you probably don't like the NBA, and that's cool if you don't, but c'mon guys, you can make up a Tennis thread and talk about it there ;). Just hoping that maybe someone else on here follows the NBA too.

Why is the finals schedule so that the higher ranked team has home court advantage games 1,2,6,7 instead of like the rest of the playoffs where its 1,2,5,7

2-3-2 format was created to reduce traveling.

Orlando in trouble, now down 0-2, go Magic go!!!