The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Tornados

I was seriously about to start a thread about this, but you beat me to it! :lol: Anyway, I hope everyone is safe! Scary stuff! I heard that the Tornado Siren actually went off on NC State Campus. :unsure:

Lets just say that all those tornado drills the kids learned in school came in very handy tonight. That was ugly.

I heard that the Tornado Siren actually went off on NC State Campus. :unsure:
Severe storm sirens ringing in the Raleigh area...I wonder if this is a good omen for the Hurricanes....? :huh:

We had one that was spotted near Mint Hill around 5:45 this evening but from what I hear caused little damage. Pouring down rain right now, which is good because we need some. Take it easy everyone

WRAL like literally followed a funnel cloud around from western wake country as it crossed over into raleigh and then moved on. Their cameras captured some incredible live images...I mean you could see the well formed wall cloud and what "looked" like a rotating tube trying to hit the ground but never quite able to.

There were other pics though that seemed to show the cloud touching down for at least a few seconds...and then even more pics of the confirmed twisters in other areas. I found it all very exciting...coming from Alabama I'm used to severe weather lol.

Good thing though that I'm done with exams at State...would not have liked being down there for that.

Nasty stuff, for sure. Here next to Falls Lake/Wake Co. border, not a thing. Rain and wind, but nothing. Didn't even hear the chimes out on the deck.

Gotta say it:

There's a storm a brewing. Remember June 1st 2006, beginning of hurricane season and the SCF, the storm and flooding we got and the game result?????

Severe storm sirens ringing in the Raleigh area...I wonder if this is a good omen for the Hurricanes....? :huh:

Was thinking the same thing. Obviously I hope everyone is ok and uninjured, but I wouldn't mind a BIG storm warning tomorrow night. :D

A good source for seeing all the tornado reports: http://www.wunderground.com/tornado/ (a great weather site in general)

Looks like there were quite a few around the region, thankfully no major damage. None down here this time, but we always seem to get a few around this time of year...

A good source for seeing all the tornado reports: http://www.wunderground.com/tornado/''>http://www.wunderground.com/tornado/' target="_blank">http://www.wunderground.com/tornado/[/post] (a great weather site in general)

Looks like there were quite a few around the region, thankfully no major damage. None down here this time, but we always seem to get a few around this time of year...

March through May and November seem to be prime for Tornadoes in this state, although it seems the stronger tornadoes occur in November.

Take it easy out there everyone

Our team was in Wilson to play a baseball game, but instead we spent a couple hours in a narrow hallway at the high school there. A tornado was spotted a few minutes away, and later seen from the building, luckily it passed by us and we were all fine.

We had some Tornadoes near Gastonia last night, the same system moved into my area around 12:30 last night while I was driving home from a friends house. There is currently one that was reported to be spotted near Florence, SC. Same system is headed for Myrtle Beach. So be careful everyone, knowing that some of our fellow posters here might know someone in that area.