The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

Harrison rejects visit to White House

I cant believe he doesnt want to meet the first black president. I may not agree with him but that's something to tell my future kids and there kids.

The guy is a moron. When the president asks you to come to the White House, even if it as something a superfluous as a ceremony, you go regardless of if your political views match up or not. If he was saying he wouldn't go because this is a waste of Obama's time I might not think he's an idiot, but that isn't his statement. Just another example in the pantheon of self-important athletes thinking that they are more important than they are.

I cant believe he doesnt want to meet the first black president. I may not agree with him but that's something to tell my future kids and there kids.

True that, i might not agree either, but missing on something like that is pretty crazy.

"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he [Obama] would've invited Arizona if they had won," said Harrison.

Here's your sign.

Pretty much the well-duh statement of the year. Why would Obama invite all franchises of all leagues? No you won your leagues highest honor so he honors you with inviting him to his house.

Harrison also skipped the Steelers' visit to the White House in 2006 following their victory in Super Bowl XL.

Perhaps he is not impressed with political power

The guy is a moron. When the president asks you to come to the White House, even if it as something a superfluous as a ceremony, you go regardless of if your political views match up or not. If he was saying he wouldn't go because this is a waste of Obama's time I might not think he's an idiot, but that isn't his statement. Just another example in the pantheon of self-important athletes thinking that they are more important than they are.

Obama isn't a king. I think it's silly that he doesn't go either, but he must have some sort of "standard of reasoning" to pass on meeting polar opposites in Presidents. Maybe he is a moron, but there's also the possibility that he doesn't think the White House should entertain anything other than executing the duties of the presidency. (Yeah, I doubt it too, but we don't know what his reason is).

Obama isn't a king. I think it's silly that he doesn't go either, but he must have some sort of "standard of reasoning" to pass on meeting polar opposites in Presidents. Maybe he is a moron, but there's also the possibility that he doesn't think the White House should entertain anything other than executing the duties of the presidency.

You really are trying to give him the benefit of the doubt aren't you?

From the stupidity of the statement he made about the Cardinals being invited if they won, I'll go with the moron option. It's hard for me to buy that he could make that statement and then feel so deeply about the duties of the office of president.

My only problem with the whole thing is the way it's been put out there.. will he be the only player that doesn't go? I doubt it. But whether you go or not, why say all of those things in the media? Why say anything at all? Just tell the team you have a prior engagement and go about your business. Sounds like a selfish cry for attention, "hey look at me, I'm gonna show up the president!"

You really are trying to give him the benefit of the doubt aren't you?

Was it too obvious? :lol: I honestly think he's just being an idiot, but yeah, I guess I have too high expectations out of people sometimes :P

Was it too obvious? :lol: I honestly think he's just being an idiot, but yeah, I guess I have too high expectations out of people sometimes :P

Never over estimate intelligence.

Perhaps he is not impressed with political power

Actually he wigs out every time he has to fly. I don't know why he just wouldn't say that in the first place. He could make the drive I guess though. I agree how he first phrased the reason he wasn't going made no sense whatsoever. Good thing they don't pay him for public relations.

He could borrow the Madden Cruiser now that John doesn't need it.

Actually he wigs out every time he has to fly. I don't know why he just wouldn't say that in the first place. He could make the drive I guess though. I agree how he first phrased the reason he wasn't going made no sense whatsoever. Good thing they don't pay him for public relations.

He could borrow the Madden Cruiser now that John doesn't need it.

He's just like B.A. Barakus (Mr. T) in the A-Team. Do they have to secretly tranquilize him before they drag him onto the team plan.

that's stupid. who gets invited to the white house when you DON'T win something.

It's beginning to look like none of the Hurricanes will have to make that decision this season.

What a *edit*. Typical Steeler. I never liked Harrison, anyway.

Hey, Harrison - Obama's not even a Steelers fan. He likes the Bears.

On a side note, if I were President, I wouldn't invite the Steelers - I'd invite some Cardinals fans who were at the Super Bowl and honor them for putting up with the yellow-hankie waving mob.

What a *edit*. Typical Steeler. I never liked Harrison, anyway.

Hey, Harrison - Obama's not even a Steelers fan. He likes the Bears.

On a side note, if I were President, I wouldn't invite the Steelers - I'd invite some Cardinals fans who were at the Super Bowl and honor them for putting up with the yellow-hankie waving mob.

Think we could get Cowher invited to the White House on the same day and send the Hurricanes' siren up there for him to wind up. It would make for a nice welcome.

I'll take his place, I didn't vote for Obama, but I've always wanted to go to the White House and meet the President. He might regret it later on.