The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Where did your board name come from?

Anybody remember Super Dave Osborne? He was a "stunt man" back in the late 70's/early 80's. Stunt man is a loosely used term in this respect. I have a friend that started calling me that a long time ago.

yep, it was a funny skit. mine comes from a combination of stormy's jersey number and when the cane's came to to town. I am a big fan of the "other white meat"!!! I also figure he will never retire or be traded.

I was a history fan and big time WWII buff before I was a hockey fan. As a result of that - and a fan of period music ( Bigband ), I went with Bigbander here since I go by that a few other places...

Not to worry...I like LOTS of other types of music too...including "the modern stuff"

Let's see, mine was actually a mistake. I confused Cam Ward's number for Martin Gerbers and already loved Erik Cole. Hence Caniac2630. Thought I would have to change after the trade last summer, but glad my Cole Smash is back.

When we first got internet services and I signed up for the very first message board I ever joined I signed in under the screen name max just to mess with her. Because he favorite all time player to ever play for the River Rats was Max Birbraer so I did it just to mess with her and it has stuck ever since. So now I just us the screen name max.

mine was a HUGE mistake...i thought it would be my logon name not my board name....when i realized it, i asked the mods if i could change it and they said i could and let them know what i wanted it to be... then we were out of it and i forgot, plus i am NOT creative....

As a child I was heavily involved in church and everything...went on mission trips, etc. Became a teenager and religion was the last thing on my mind. Hence, a fallen apostle.

I'm making a comeback though.

fallen, i have been curious for awhile about ur name out here, now u answered it..now about tsa??? <_<

fallen, i have been curious for awhile about ur name out here, now u answered it..now about tsa??? <_<

Started out as a typo for an old user name and everyone on the board kept calling me TSA for short. When I had to create a new account for staff reasons, I just shortened it officially to TSA. It actually means .........nothing really and has nothing to do with the airport security :lol:

Started out as a typo for an old user name and everyone on the board kept calling me TSA for short. When I had to create a new account for staff reasons, I just shortened it officially to TSA. It actually means .........nothing really and has nothing to do with the airport security :lol:
I thought TSA stood for "The Smart A...." ...er...uh.... "The Smart Administrator" .... yeah, that's it! :P

DP1ONE was the alpha-number I used when I raced stock cars (save the southern nascar jokes, I don't even follow nascar :P ). It evolved from the number 11.

I thought TSA stood for "The Smart A...." ...er...uh.... "The Smart Administrator" .... yeah, that's it! :P

Exactly ;)

Because of my toy car:

topdown

You could have gotten that nickname at Mardi Gras.

This thread has gone exactly where I hoped it would. That's a first.

I thought it went back to Topshelfavry...

^^fixed it for you. If you look back about 50 pages, any post I made I made will say guest_topshelfavry.