The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Where did your board name come from?

^^fixed it for you. If you look back about 50 pages, any post I made I made will say guest_topshelfavry.

I thought you were a fan of Sean Avery but then I thought.... that bum cant shoot topshelf. So I still wonder what the heck is avry?

I've always read that as "HAIR-a-cane."

The lesson as always, I'm an idiot.

x2, I thought the same thing :ph34r:

I've always read that as "HAIR-a-cane."

The lesson as always, I'm an idiot.

Nah - if you were, you'd have a Bruins logo for your avatar :P

Lord, I apologize, and be with the starvin' pygmies.....

and mine should be obvious. Other than Texas A&M who has a collie as a mascot, I can think of no other sports teams named "Collies." Believe it or not, there are people who are scared of my youngest simply b/c he is on the large size (70 lbs)

Originated from my character name in a MMORPG that I play. Dropped the last bit, then added "inator" since I thought it sounded cool when they referred to Ziggy Palffy as the "Zigginator" or something like that when he played. Been using that as my username for pretty much anything in the virtual world since.

I was a history fan and big time WWII buff before I was a hockey fan. As a result of that - and a fan of period music ( Bigband ), I went with Bigbander here since I go by that a few other places...

Not to worry...I like LOTS of other types of music too...including "the modern stuff"

I have a couple of Dorsey Brothers LPs myself.

I have the same name on every message board. Mainly because my http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/dogbutler/Pets/011-3.jpg' target="_blank">dogs[/post] run the show.

Very ironic that you posted in this thread... I was updating the standings for the pick'em game a few minutes ago, and I wondered what the heck your name means. Now I know. :lol:

Mine is fairly obvious... gocanes = duh. 88 = birthyear, which is also easy to figure out.

Well i'm Scottish & when i played i was quite fond of dropping the gloves & my team-mates started calling me the Enforcer, but it's slightly misleading because i'm only 5'10 & top the scales at a massive 140lbs (10 Stone). :lol:

Well, my board name is from the weather channel. We all know that a full force Hurricane has many stages. I believe, like many of us, that this run is just in its infancy. Thusly, I'm a huge fan of "Tropical Depression." And the '84' is my street hockey number here in the RSHL.

I'll give Smiling Bob a BIG ovation tomorrow night.

Well i'm Scottish & when i played i was quite fond of dropping the gloves & my team-mates started calling me the Enforcer, but it's slightly misleading because i'm only 5'10 & top the scales at a massive 140lbs (10 Stone). :lol:

As the old saying goes, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

Exhibit A- Scotty Walker

I used to run track and ran the 100 and 200... being a 200 lb white guy people were often surprised I could run a 10.9 in the 100 in highschool. Most fun is I sprinted against Cedric Peerman who had a decent career at UVA not long ago. I beat him once in the 100 :) He was quite ticked off. But that was once outta maybe 20 opportunities and he may have slipped out of the blocks ;) ANYWAY :P I also ran against Carlton Weatherford the VT Fullback, but ya know beating him wasn't amazing given he's a fullback :P

Ran in a meet and I was the only white guy out of 40 sprinters and won the 100. Given all the assumptions that a white guy cant run the local newspaper did a thing on the meet and used the line The Man, The Myth, The Legend. The schoolmates started giving me junk about it calling me The Legend as a joke. It kinda stuck...

It's also humorous to see people get in a hissy over the cocky nature of the name when they dont know there is a story behind it.

It's the screen name I use on the Augusta Lynx forum. When I joined here I couldn't come up with a really cool Canes screen name so I stuck with koolkat.