The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Where did your board name come from?

I have been hoping that someone would ask. May be a little late adding this, but hopefully some of you will see. The name derives from, as anyone on here from Louisiana (or possibly Texas) would immediately recognize, the "Cajun" area of SW Louisiana. Altho born in the capital city- Baton Rouge- my aunt and uncle lived in St. Martinville, and I spent many a summer and hunting season with them. So much time that I eventually developed a Cajun accent. I came to love that area of La., and have many fond memories of those formative years. The remaining part of the name is obvious. :rolleyes:

wow. All great names/reasons.

Mine's not hockey related in anyway. sandpiper - because I love the ocean (the little birds that run on the shore) and 214 for my birthday. I wanted to keep it the same so it was identifiable for my e-mail and for my flickr photo page.

Sheesh, with all the great ones before me, I may have to come up with something hockey-fied and change it, I'm feeling a little hockey-username -underdressed. :lol:

Sheesh, with all the great ones before me, I may have to come up with something hockey-fied and change it, I'm feeling a little hockey-username -underdressed. :lol:

Let's help you out with that, maybe:

Blackeye214

Missingtooth214

Stitches214

Let's help you out with that, maybe:

Blackeye214

Missingtooth214

Stitches214

Nice. Stitches214 is my particular favorite :lol: though I would probably trade in the 214 for a favorite player number or something

Nice. Stitches214 is my particular favorite :lol: though I would probably trade in the 214 for a favorite player number or something

I've got the perfect one for you

Brokennose17

Favorite player number then you should us 23 or 33 :lol:

Favorite player number then you should us 23 or 33 :lol:

you are something that Im not allowed to call you on these boards without getting *edit* in it's place. That's what YOU are...lol

Keep it up and your wife and I will go see OHL exhibition games without you. so there :P

Mine's pretty easy... EricNCSU has been my AOL screen name for many many years and I use it for most message boards and other usernames. Eric is my Name (obviously) and back 15 years ago I was just a NC State fan, but now I am a 2 time alumnus (2003, 2009) so I'm certainly Wolfpack for life.

It's become so ingrained as my online name I didn't even think about coming up with something Cane's related when I joined here.. I just "am" EricNCSU.