The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

Steve McNair shot to death

Terrible story. I wonder if Michael Jackson will now rise from the dead just to get all the attention back.

From the looks of things, it will be a murder-suicide. Puts an entire different meaning on the term feme-fatal.

Leaving the whole "why isn't he with his wife at 1:30-2:00am?" angle of this, what's he doing with THIS girl? Appears to be a total headcase, DUI getting chick that works at DAVE & FRIGGIN BUSTER'S!! I mean, the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that part was, "I'm Rick James, he's Charlie Murphy."

He's Steve McNair, NFL MVP. Smart, handsome, rich pro athlete. He can have about any gal he wants. Why's he wasting his time with this girl who is by all accounts NOT all that and a bag of chips. Just more proof that you can be defined by the people you decide to associate with.

Sad story all around. The NFL loses a guy who could've been an ambassador for the game for years to come, and more importantly, four kids are without a father today

I must be getting cynical in my old age. I mourned the loss of Billy Mays over Michael Jackson and Farrah Faucet and the others. Anybody read Barry Saunders column in the N&O today? Hilarious observation on The Reverend Jessie Jackson.

In the ultimate example of worthless journalism... The AP is reporting that Steve McNair's blood alcohol was twice the legal limit... (as he was sleeping on the couch and SHOT IN THE HEAD by a woman)... Why does that matter? It's not like he was driving a car and killed a busload of children or ran over some old man with his Bentley... he was passed out/sleeping on the couch in a house he owned when he was murdered by a jealous gf.

Why even bring this up if it has no bearing on the case, especially since the woman who shot him cannot be prosecuted. Why smear this through the press.. this boggles my mind.. what must the family be thinking?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArF_...p&type=lgns

"Ex-NFL Star had alcohol in his system when he was shot" - Even the headline makes it sound like McNair's fault.

I'm not even a fan of McNair or the Titans and I think this is disrespectful.

Wow, you are right. That has nothing to do with anything... it just seems like they are reporting anything they can to get the name of a dead celebrity in a headline - hoping that it will get them more sales. The media in this country is pathetic...

In the ultimate example of worthless journalism... The AP is reporting that Steve McNair's blood alcohol was twice the legal limit... (as he was sleeping on the couch and SHOT IN THE HEAD by a woman)... Why does that matter? It's not like he was driving a car and killed a busload of children or ran over some old man with his Bentley... he was passed out/sleeping on the couch in a house he owned when he was murdered by a jealous gf.

Why even bring this up if it has no bearing on the case, especially since the woman who shot him cannot be prosecuted. Why smear this through the press.. this boggles my mind.. what must the family be thinking?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArF_rRc51EOwCvmWfgWr7YI5nYcB?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns' target="_blank">http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArF_...p&type=lgns[/post]

"Ex-NFL Star had alcohol in his system when he was shot" - Even the headline makes it sound like McNair's fault.

Couldn't agree with you more, what we call the "News" in this day and age is complete garbage. I found it ironic the other day when Walter Cronkite passed away, all the talking heads speaking so highly of how he covered the news, when they themselves have, for lack of a better term, bastardized it.