The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac4TrevorKidd

Where to live in Raleigh

thera are several apartment complexes near Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge Road area. it's about 2-3 miles down Edwards Mill to the arena. just google(or whatever search engine).

I'm finishing up a Master's program right now and know a few people who are going back to Raleigh. One is looking at a brand new complex near the arena. He said it was somewhere off Corporate Center Drive, not sure where exactly... but I'm sure you can find it if you ride around since it's a small road. Either way, he said it was walking distance. If I found out the name I'll post it here.

thera are several apartment complexes near Edwards Mill and Blue Ridge Road area. it's about 2-3 miles down Edwards Mill to the arena. just google(or whatever search engine).

Thanks for the help. I have googled apartments near RBC but i was just wondering if anyone had any first had experience with any of them. Sometimes they look great online but could be awful to live at.

could you make a day trip down one day? or even stay over 1 night to look/drive around the complexes? if people are out, if you feel comfortable with it, talk to some residents who may be out walking or something. there are other places off Duraleigh Rd(pronounced Dura-lee).

If someone could help me find a IT job I'd be asking the same question, you'd think finding a Help Desk job after 2 years with Corning would be easier.

Thanks for the help. I have googled apartments near RBC but i was just wondering if anyone had any first had experience with any of them. Sometimes they look great online but could be awful to live at.
I lived in an apartment in the Edwards Mill/Blue Ridge Road area for several months when I first moved to the area in the late '90s. Can't remember the name of the complex offhand, but they were pretty nice back then and a very convenient location.

The fact that you are uprooting and moving here just to be closer to the Canes makes you the coolest person on this message board, kudos to you and if nothing else there is a hotel right across the street.

The fact that you are uprooting and moving here just to be closer to the Canes makes you the coolest person on this message board, kudos to you and if nothing else there is a hotel right across the street.

I have stayed at the Comfort Suites many a night but it gets a bit expensive. I love the Canes thats for sure but I also love Raleigh. When I come to the games it seems like im coming back home. Never been too happy with Roanoke Va.

Prolly should include your price range the area your looking at can bend you over backwards and break your arm in cost. I want to move closer to the Canes as well but I am likely going to live in Mebane/Hillsborough and just deal with the 30-45 minute drive.

If someone could help me find a IT job I'd be asking the same question, you'd think finding a Help Desk job after 2 years with Corning would be easier.

Have you tried CompuWare????

Right behind the mall, down old mine road or something of that sort there is a lot of apartment and town home complexes, me and my mom just bought a nice townhome off of lynn road and its about a 10 min drive to the arena from there and very convenient to the rest of Raleigh.

Edit: Lead mine road, sorry.

Here is actually the bigger problem for me. I have been in business for myself for the past 25 years and it will be tough starting out trying to get established. I own a painting business here in Roanoke Va. I have had a website up for almost a year now in Raleigh (www.lovernpainting.com) but not much luck doing it from a far. I am just going to have to take the chance i guess and do it.

Have you tried CompuWare????

Just checked their site and doesnt seem to have a job openings page for NC, however it does for 10-15 other states.

Edinborough Commons on the corner of Lynn and Creedmoor is about 10 minutes from RBC. Not sure how big you're looking for, but I had a 1BR for about $600-$675 a month (that included a covered parking space). Very easy access to everything, Briar Creek, Downtown, RBC, 540, Triangle Town Center.

Not sure what the rates are now, I left there in Feb to move to Houston...otherwise known as Hell on Earth.

Edinborough Commons on the corner of Lynn and Creedmoor is about 10 minutes from RBC. Not sure how big you're looking for, but I had a 1BR for about $600-$675 a month (that included a covered parking space). Very easy access to everything, Briar Creek, Downtown, RBC, 540, Triangle Town Center.

Not sure what the rates are now, I left there in Feb to move to Houston...otherwise known as Hell on Earth.

I live within walking distance from where you used to live here. I would agree....a very nice area to live in. Have many things right here at your fingertips!!!!

I attend alot of Canes games and make the trip from Roanoke Va. I am thinking about taking the leap and moving to Raleigh and I was wondering where a good place to live would be near the RBC Center. I would probably be looking for an apartment. Any help would be appreciated.

Just so you know..I live in Memphis and just took and job that will transfer me to Raleigh within a year....sole reason for this...Getting season tix to the Canes!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!