The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LeafsAlive

Belak vs Janssen - Who won?

Good on Janssen for fighting and not running. It was a good hockey fight, it lasted a long time but after that they got onto hockey. That's how things should be and thats how things would almost always be if they removed that stupid instigator rule. Let your tough guy fight it out with those who target the star and it won't happen very much.

Also good on the linesmen for not jumping in right away. They had many oppertunities to get in there but they kept asking the guys if they were done and the patiently waited until they dropped to go in. This also helped I think. Let them get it all out of their system. No one got hurt that game and a lesson was still taught. That's how its ment to work.

I don't understand why Tucker didn't fight Janssen? I mean, the last time NJ and TO played one another Tucker came storming all the way down from the press box running his mouth at Janssen. The least he could have done is followed up on that threat and thrown down himself instead of sending Belak after him.

Janssen knew he deserved it. It's pretty lame how many punches Belak landed without doing much damage. Sure was a long fight though. I think they were waiting for a bell for the second round.

eh, belak's hand has got to be hurting from hitting Jansens helmet.

I think this was even and that all you guys arent watching the entire fight and declaring a winner after a minute. Jansen finished as hard as Belak started, preety even to me. Considering how many punchs missed between the two of em.

Most disappointing this was Tucker being a wuss and not fighting after all that talk.

I agree with Legend. Pretty even. Maybe a win for Jansen since Belak whimped out first.

Thats probably the fight of the year though!

I agree with Legend. Pretty even. Maybe a win for Jansen since Belak whimped out first.

Thats probably the fight of the year though!

That's probably my favourite fight of the year.

Nobody won the fight. It was stupid. Jansenn wasn't trying and Belak only did it because people were expecting something to happen. That one had no passion involved. That wasn't a fight, it was a show.

I gotta give Janssen a lot of credit. He knew he deserved it, and he didnt run from it. - Nothing like a guy following the code.

As for Belak, he did what he should have by standing up for Tomas. Hats off for that.

Winner - Belak

Good loser - Janssen (whom in my opnion never meant to hurt Kab. like he did)