The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

NCAA Football thread

Of note, my Troy Trojans tonight have performed one of the greatest acts of kindness in football history by gift wrapping this game against LSU after leading 31-3 with 10:00 left in the 3rd quarter. This has been the most disgusting, pathetic, and completely heartless showing by a team I've ever seen in my life. They saw the scoreboard, realized where they were at and who they were playing, and then rolled over like a friggin dog. I am absolutely embarrassed.

NO WAY! THEY DID NOT LOSE!

*goes to check*

edit: oh yea, they lost. astounding. 30 points given up in the final quarter...lol.

I'd get upset with the Carolina/Maryland outcome today... but considering that the Heels have NEVER in my lifetime won a must-win football game, how can I?

They won a must win a week ago against Georgia Tech. If Tech had won that game they would have been in complete control of the coastal given other teams losses that week/weekend. But with the UNC loss the Coastal descends further into chaos. Seems like no one really wants to go to Tampa.

They won a must win a week ago against Georgia Tech.

Even with the Tech win, they still needed Virginia Tech to lose. I guess what I should've said is that when Carolina has had its destiny in its own hands regarding a big time bowl game, they've NEVER closed the deal.

I dont think it will be easy but State stands a chance.. the last two games with everyone back healthy we have learned how to score.. We probably need UNC to make some mistakes on defense, but we'll see how we can do. UNC will be mad as heck coming off that loss to Maryland... State still has to beat UNC and Miami to be bowl eligible, although if we do that we'll have 3 wins against ranked teams (2 if Miami drops out, which they probably will)...

Speaking of Miami... they got demolished by Georgia Tech.. holy cow... 41-10 at the third quarter... 2 TDs in the 4th didnt even matter...

Even if State goes 6-6 I doubt we will get a bowl invite, but it will be a successful season. This second half of the season has been much better with everybody back healthy. Things are looking really good for next year.

UNC will be mad as heck coming off that loss to Maryland...

On the other hand, maybe they'll just mail in the rest of the season. Rivalry game at home, you kidding me? Inexcusable performance by the Heels today and the better team won.

Bold prediction... Davis leaves for greener pastures after the season and Carolina descends to the cellar of the conference - again. Embarrassing day yet again to be a Carolina football fan.

Embarrassing day yet again to be a Carolina football fan.

I was thinking that too, when the NCSU fans got a Wolfpack chant going in your stadium. Good thing I'm a State Fan :)

Really good game today, I havent watched a State game in a while but with the team healthy we are actually an OK team. Turnovers really cost UNC today, and I am getting a really good feeling about Wilson for the rest of his career here. I heard the commentators talking about how one game can change a recruit's mind about where he is committed, so hopefully some possible UNC recruits have watched this and last year's game against UNC and will maybe think about playing for NCSU.

From a sense of perverse interest, I got somehow wrapped up in the annual Apple Bowl (the Toilet Bowl? :P ), featuring the 1-10 Washington Huskies and the 0-10 Washington State Cougars. In a battle of grueling ineptitude, the Dogs prevailed, 16-13, boosting their season record to a lusty 2-10.

WAZZU DOWNS WINLESS WASHINGTON ON FIELD GOAL IN 2ND OT

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId...5&confId=80

Jan/GSBG

ECU steals one tonight, and seals a trip to the Conference Championship. Remember those, Pack Fans?

Still, terrible game for the Pirates, the 4th one in a row. We've got no dependable QB, no running back, and all our wide receivers are injured. If it weren't for our defense, we'd be floating somewhere near the bottom.

ECU steals one tonight, and seals a trip to the Conference Championship. Remember those, Pack Fans?

yeah I remember those - been too long but my short term memory is better. As in a few weeks ago when ECU visited Raleigh. Remember that, EZU fans?

Still, terrible game for the Pirates, the 4th one in a row. We've got no dependable QB, no running back, and all our wide receivers are injured. If it weren't for our defense, we'd be floating somewhere near the bottom.

Hmmm.. not really a big put down since the ACC has only had a conference championship game for what? 3 years? You havent won anything yet.

Plus what does a CUSA championship get you? A bid in the Mieneke Tire Bowl? Oh wait.. maybe the Humanitarian Bowl to get BLASTED OFF THE BLUE TURF by Boise State? Enjoy that.

Plus what does a CUSA championship get you? A bid in the Mieneke Tire Bowl? Oh wait.. maybe the Humanitarian Bowl to get BLASTED OFF THE BLUE TURF by Boise State? Enjoy that.

Either one, Eric, would be preferable to where USC is likely to be headed in December: the Holiday Bowl. (What can the team do, anyway, playing in a conference that reeks so badly? <_< )

Jan/GSBG

Hmmm.. not really a big put down since the ACC has only had a conference championship game for what? 3 years? You havent won anything yet.

That same Boise State that ECU dominated last year in the Hawaii Bowl? Yeah, that makes sense.

The winners of the CUSA get to play in the Liberty Bowl. The loser gets to play in the GMAC Bowl or the Hawaii Bowl. Funny you mention the Meineke Tire Bowl though, since I believe the last Bowl game State made was the Meineke Car Care Bowl. That just screams respectability.

I Love this pissing contest between State and ECU fans!

I was glad to see they at least telivised the State vs UNC game. Of course I watch THE Ohio State University stomp Michigan!

I wonder how many teams will leap frog TTech after the blood letting in Oklahoma....that was laughable! Especially when the Tech players would celebrate after a touchdown! :lol:

I'm probably the only one here who watched the VT vs Duke game but man was that pathetic. If Duke had some semblance of an offense VT would have been eliminated from the Coastal division race but instead, in pure VT fashion they squeak by on defense and special teams.

I'm probably the only one here who watched the VT vs Duke game but man was that pathetic. If Duke had some semblance of an offense VT would have been eliminated from the Coastal division race but instead, in pure VT fashion they squeak by on defense and special teams.

I did watch it... if Thad Lewis had not been hurt Duke would have blown them out of the water. Duke's defense was playing great, but with no QB and no starting TE the offense just could nto get anything going at all. Shame.. Duke shoulda won that game.

That same Boise State that ECU dominated last year in the Hawaii Bowl? Yeah, that makes sense.

The winners of the CUSA get to play in the Liberty Bowl. The loser gets to play in the GMAC Bowl or the Hawaii Bowl. Funny you mention the Meineke Tire Bowl though, since I believe the last Bowl game State made was the Meineke Car Care Bowl. That just screams respectability.

Your comparing apples and oranges here man. ECU has had a great year, but they failed to live up to expectations, while State has had a MUCH better then predicted year, including fighting through an ungodly amount of injuries.

Which would you rather have? A team that starts out 3-0 starts talking about a national championship, gets a beatdown by the wolfpack, then loses 2 more in a row then stumbles through winning the next 3 against cupcakes that you would have lost to major teams then you make it to a championship game to play against a team that already beat your 41-24 for a chance to go to a minor bowl?

Or on the other hand, you have State predicted to finish 2-10, last in the ACC, suffers through 70 man-games lost to injuries (yes.. 70 in a 12 game season), wins 3 games in a row to sweep all 4 instate rivals and give themselves at least a remote chance to finish 6-6 and go to a bowl? Win or lose against Miami next week, State's season is a resounding success while ECU's season is a crumbling utter failure.