The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

NCAA Football thread

Michigan is ranked... well... a lot higher than they will be on Monday.

Supposedly there's going to be a party at the stadium when the team gets back tonight. Anyone want to meet up for that?

Have a great time! You think this could end up being the biggest upset in college football history?

Michigan is ranked... well... a lot higher than they will be on Monday.

Supposedly there's going to be a party at the stadium when the team gets back tonight. Anyone want to meet up for that?

Have a great time! You think this could end up being the biggest upset in college football history?

i think so, on espn there is a poll going on and its 36% biggest 38% top 5 last time i checked.

i think this is pretty much turning into an app state thread but itll probly go back to college football in general pretty soon.

even with all the excitement im still sad bc my wolfpack is losing right now... :(

i think so, on espn there is a poll going on and its 36% biggest 38% top 5 last time i checked.

i think this is pretty much turning into an app state thread but itll probly go back to college football in general pretty soon.

even with all the excitement im still sad bc my wolfpack is losing right now... :(

But they're coming back.....have faith.

Anyone see the umpire in the BC game game knocked out and taken off the field, immobilized on a back board with oxygen? Looked pretty bad.

But they're coming back.....have faith.

Anyone see the umpire in the BC game game knocked out and taken off the field, immobilized on a back board with oxygen? Looked pretty bad.

What an amazing game! I watched it at Legend's and the crowd was insaaaaane. Haven't decided, but I'm probably going to go to the stadium party tonight...maybe I'll see some of y'all App folk there :).

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

What an amazing game! I watched it at Legend's and the crowd was insaaaaane. Haven't decided, but I'm probably going to go to the stadium party tonight...maybe I'll see some of y'all App folk there :).

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

You're lucky, I was in Charlotte and only saw enough for me to know we had a shot. Even that was only because I happened to pass by a pub that was showing the game outside. I called my dad called and told him to keep an eye on the score... when he called and said they had won I was out of town in 10 minutes and on the way back to Boone.

Sucks that a lot of people aren't in town, though, since it's Labor Day weekend and a lot of people either went home or to Ann Arbor... imagine what this place would be like if everybody was here.

MOUNTAINEERS ROCK, BABY! AND A WIN IN THE BIG HOUSE... TALK ABOUT STICKIN' IT TO THE MAN!

You guys should be beyond proud.... finally one of "the little people" stands up and represents against one of the giant, multi-million dollar funded Division 1 megamonsters. Whoa! I just screamed when the score scrolled through the Georgia Tech *edit* wiping of Notre Dame (I can say that - my school after all and the Jackets played one helluva fab football game - all honor and glory to them, cattle prods to the blue and gold).

I kept saying to the house guests - when you all leave, I'm headed straight to the hockey board about the Michigan game. They didn't get it until I explained that we have some App Staters here and that App State is a North Carolina school, after all. I am SO thrilled for your team. For them to be able to go into one of the most storied stadiums in college football and stick it to the Wolverines.... oh, man, did you set some folks back on their heels! (evil laughter)

All the congratulations from the bottom of my heart, App State Caniac! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you and everyone of your football fans!

MOUNTAINEERS ROCKED THE BIG HOUSE, BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Mountaineers! That was IMO the greatest NCAA football game ever. I refuse to call it an upset because I'm pretty sure ASU knew they could win.

Now about my Wolfpack...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There weren't quite as many people at the stadium as I had hoped for tonight, but given that a lot of people were gone it was a good turnout.

I live right on King Street and I doubt people will stop honking until 3 or 4. Safe to say I probably won't sleep much tonight.

oh yeah mike, you're screwed. i actually thought the turnout was pretty good, i figured half of boone had left, and it looked like the rest was actually there, but then again i was trying to avoid the beer bottles thrown at the truck that drove through crowd so i didnt try to count everyone that was throwing the stuff.

i just got back from the stadium. that was awesome.

as for the game i watched it down in winston with my brother. i wish we woulda been up here. i heard geno's and legends were rocking. that would been great to be able to watch it there. as it was though, it was still great. what a game. one of the best i have ever seen. i cant believe they actually did that.

Glad I missed the State game. Now Toney Baker's out for the year and with BC next, we're looking squarely at an 0-2 start.

I can only imagine how proud a day yesterday was for you App guys. I guess the only good news for us State people is we can still say we're the last team that beat you.

From Buckeye fans everywhere.......Thanks App State !!!!! There is nothing we like more than seeing Michigan get beat. Woody was cheering on Saturday. Bo was not pleased.

We saw one of you App. State Caniacs on Friday around 4 or so in Boone sitting outside one of the school buildings on 321 wearing a red Canes T-shirt.

I watched the Buckeye game first and never got my heart rate above resting stage for that one. Watching the end of the App State game, my heart was pounding out of my chest.

A good article here on the team coming back to Boone.....

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=709230

My voice is still horse 2 days later, I was screaming at the tv (we have direct tv so I got to watch it). My buddy who is still in school works for the football team and was up there filming it for the team. He said that on 3rd down the stadium was so loud that his camera was shaking. It was nuts, I got like a 1,000 phone calls from people I work with up in DC calling me in congratulations (like I did anything). I was back home in Burnsville watching it and my frined up at the University of Maryland called me and said 'Hey your school is the talk of the tailgate but none of know where the hell it is'. Well after Saturday, they all know where it is now

GO APP STATE

i can say the funniest thing i heard on broadcast was that the Michigan stadium has more people than the town of boone. lol

107,000 thousand in the stands

13,000 population of boone

maybe 35,000 with students and freshmen parents on move in day.

its a little bit of us being small and them being huge that makes the difference.