The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

NCAA Football thread

i've already said my thing about the boys beating michigan, but last night i went to death valley and watched clemson beat fsu. awesome atmosphere. great win. thought we were gonna throw that one away. just once i'd like to be able to run down the hill. great win though. TIGERS!!!

Michigan skidded down 20 places in the poll this week. They are lucky to be ranked at all. The bigger sin is that only Divsion 1 schools can be ranked. What a crock of doo-doo (and I refuse to use this new crap about calling Divsions I, II and III by their new designations. What hogpoody is THIS?)

I missed the Bowden Bowl in Death Valley. Local TV affiliates show nothing if it ain't KC. I got to watch the ND/GA Tech game (thanks for nothing, there) only because ND grads control some of the TV stations (believe me - they're everywhere!, or the subway alumni are!)

Go RED RIDERS of TX Tech! I went to Greensboro to the NCAA b-ball tourney last March with a TT friend to cheer on her Riders, but they were soundly whomped by BC. Young kids needing lots of seasoning, but the Big Dance is hte place to get it.

Ah, sports are ramping up again! I love when school is back in session and all the college sports start up for another year. College hockey is not that far away........GO IRISH ICEMEN !!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan skidded down 20 places in the poll this week. They are lucky to be ranked at all. The bigger sin is that only Divsion 1 schools can be ranked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3008022' target="_blank">Div 1AA Schools can be ranked now.[/post]

Good change of policy by the AP. I don't think any will ever slip in but it should still be possibility.

I wouldn't be surprised if Appalachian is ranked next week as sort of an honorable mention-type thing, but I would be really surprised if we were in it any longer than that. But one week would make me really happy anyway.

hey to all the ASU guys...they had the sports illustrateds in the bookstore...just got them in seems like as i was walking through there at 3...i bought 10....some guy bought 40...just a heads up if any of you havent gotten one yet

Can't wait till the game tomorrow. I've got to do the colorguard. If you go look for the rifleman thats on the left side of the state flag, and that'll be me. As soon as that thing is over I'm running to my dorm and switching to my App football fan gear.

Can't wait till the game tomorrow. I've got to do the colorguard. If you go look for the rifleman thats on the left side of the state flag, and that'll be me. As soon as that thing is over I'm running to my dorm and switching to my App football fan gear.

i'll look for you man....i got called into work at 5....i said yes, it was my choice...lotta tips on game day...so good $$$...i was planning on leaving at halftime anyways...gonna be a blowout...so it works out perfectly for me....watch half, go get paid

hey did you get an SI ? or anyone else app...you all get them??

ECU vs. UNC

The Game of the Year. Forget ranked, forget bowl games. You'll be hard pressed to find a rivalry more fierce than what's going on in Greenville today.

What'd I say? What'd I say?

34-31 ECU. Field goal in the last 2 seconds. Dowdey-Ficklen collapses under the sheer force of the soundwave that exploded from the crowd.

34-31 ECU. Field goal in the last 2 seconds. Dowdey-Ficklen collapses under the sheer force of the soundwave that exploded from the crowd.

I had no preference as to who won that game but....WOW, what a game!!!!

So Appalachian played nice and still kicked the snot out of D-II Lenoir-Rhyne this afternoon, 48-7.

But can anyone tell me whose brilliant idea it was to one-at-a-time people through the main gate at the Rock when they knew they would have a record crowd on hand? Where was the line of booths they normally have? And why did they wait until 2 or 3 minutes before kickoff to open the gates and let the remaining (probably) 10,000 people stampede into the stadium? And who's going to pay the hospital bills for the people who were taken there from heat exhaustion after standing in that fustercluck for an hour or two waiting to get in?

PS. The attendance number of 28,802 is a load of crap. There's no telling how many people they let in at the last minute. That's probably just the number of tickets sold and claimed by students.

Man, I told myself, if he makes that last field goal, the other 3 missed ones are forgiven. 100% paid off.

Greenville has gone nuts. I love celebrations like this. Where's the rum? :lol:

So Appalachian played nice and still kicked the snot out of D-II Lenoir-Rhyne this afternoon, 48-7.

But can anyone tell me whose brilliant idea it was to one-at-a-time people through the main gate at the Rock when they knew they would have a record crowd on hand? Where was the line of booths they normally have? And why did they wait until 2 or 3 minutes before kickoff to open the gates and let the remaining (probably) 10,000 people stampede into the stadium? And who's going to pay the hospital bills for the people who were taken there from heat exhaustion after standing in that fustercluck for an hour or two waiting to get in?

PS. The attendance number of 28,802 is a load of crap. There's no telling how many people they let in at the last minute. That's probably just the number of tickets sold and claimed by students.

I'm figuring they use those scanners to find out how many tickets they scanned.

And that game was boring. Using our 2nd and 3rd strings and we still kicked some butt.

I'm figuring they use those scanners to find out how many tickets they scanned.

And that game was boring. Using our 2nd and 3rd strings and we still kicked some butt.

Nah, I never had my ticket checked. I was one of the people they let in at the last minute and they didn't check anyone as far as I know.

They expected a crowd of 30,000 and prepared for 3,000. Yeah, I was/am pissed.

Nah, I never had my ticket checked. I was one of the people they let in at the last minute and they didn't check anyone as far as I know.

They expected a crowd of 30,000 and prepared for 3,000. Yeah, I was/am pissed.

i left with like 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter...had to go to work...we were up 35-0.

yeh those lines were ridiculous. the whole printing off tickets thing is aggravating too. i wonder how many students forgot to do that, and how much that just clogs things up and delays everything.

as far as other games, just got finished watching auburn ge upset. what a great finish. didnt watch much of that game because i watched lsu/vt. lsu looks goooood. that defense is ridiculously fast. i have thought vt was overrated the past few years. they have no offense, and havent had any for a while. everytime they run into a team with speed, they cant score. maybe that'll change with that new freshman qb. he looks good.

michigan....maaaaaaan....didnt see any of that....but geeez....that loss to us must of really demoralized them. i mean, i know they are slow, and their D got exposed....but to get beat like that?

During the beginning of the Michigan / Oregan game, the Wolverines lost their quarterback, and then later lost their star receiver. One of the ESPN announcers opines in reference to how Michigan's 2007 season seems to be going: "How many wheels can fall off this car ???" I cracked up. Mr. Hart, the injured receiver, announced that next week they WOULD be winning on their own turf since they are playing Notre Dame. Would not surprise me: battle of the busteds. If ND will dress all their players' grandmothers and send THEM in, we'll whomp wolverine hairy butt, but of course they will use the $38,000/yr scholarship Nancies and probably go quietly to slaughter.

I want hockey!

Ahh another good day of college football...

GT beats the snot out of Samford with the backups.

UGA gets beat by Spurrier, just like old times

Auburn gets upset

If only the ACC could get their act together and stop losing non-conference games.

UNC looses to ECU

VT to LSU

Miami to Oklahoma

Wake to Nebraska

Its going to be a tough year for the ACC.

Yeah, but Hazard - those ACC teams lost to KILLERS! Every one of those programs is a monster of a football program and MOST (not all) of the ACC schools do not field football teams anywhere in the same league as the opponents of this week. It was like a murderer's row of a line-up, competition-wise.

This next saturday, Southern Cal comes out to Lincoln to play Nebraska. The locals are going bonkers. Look for a big dent in the landscape as the mid-Missouri valley caves in under the weight of everyone at least appearing in the Huskers' stadium lot for tailgating if they can't get into the stadium. The cornfeds are on the rampage. Should be a great game.

Personally I just want everyone lighting candles for Notre Dame.... if they can manage a miracle and beat Michigan (the game is At Ann Arbor), that would make THREE losses in a row for Michigan AT the Big House. I don't know if that has ever happened to the Wolverines before! My email is filling up with friends from all over the country who hate Michigan (and also hate ND) and are pulling for the Irish to deal another death blow to the Blue-and-Maize. The vultures are circling the wounded animal.... Michigan may end up not even in the running at all for the Big 10 title. shocker.

Yeah, but Hazard - those ACC teams lost to KILLERS! Every one of those programs is a monster of a football program and MOST (not all) of the ACC schools do not field football teams anywhere in the same league as the opponents of this week. It was like a murderer's row of a line-up, competition-wise.

Either you missed "UNC loses to ECU" in that line-up, or I'm really happy you consider ECU a monster of a football program :P