The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

NCAA Football thread

Yeah, but Hazard - those ACC teams lost to KILLERS! Every one of those programs is a monster of a football program and MOST (not all) of the ACC schools do not field football teams anywhere in the same league as the opponents of this week. It was like a murderer's row of a line-up, competition-wise.

This next saturday, Southern Cal comes out to Lincoln to play Nebraska. The locals are going bonkers. Look for a big dent in the landscape as the mid-Missouri valley caves in under the weight of everyone at least appearing in the Huskers' stadium lot for tailgating if they can't get into the stadium. The cornfeds are on the rampage. Should be a great game.

Personally I just want everyone lighting candles for Notre Dame.... if they can manage a miracle and beat Michigan (the game is At Ann Arbor), that would make THREE losses in a row for Michigan AT the Big House. I don't know if that has ever happened to the Wolverines before! My email is filling up with friends from all over the country who hate Michigan (and also hate ND) and are pulling for the Irish to deal another death blow to the Blue-and-Maize. The vultures are circling the wounded animal.... Michigan may end up not even in the running at all for the Big 10 title. shocker.

Well I'm not so sure Nebraska is back at the highest level yet. They looked pretty beatable at Wake, so I wouldn't be suprised if USC wins easily. But the bigger issue is that the ACC is loosing to (almost) everybody they play who is a division 1 team: This is the ACC's record against other conferences:

Big 12: 0-2

SEC: 0-1

Big East: 0-1

C-USA: 3-2

Mountain West: 0-1

Sunbelt: 2-0

Notre Dame: 1-0

1AA

Ohio Valley 1-0

CAA 2-0

That's 1-4 versus BCS conferences/Teams (I count ND as a BCS team since they always go if they have a decent record). That's not very good at all. The only thing close to a good win out of conference was GT beating Notre Dame, and with what appears to be a down year in South Bend that win is loosing luster fast. And its not going to get better next week. Maryland plays West Virginia, which will probably be another loss to the big east, Duke plays Northwestern which will probably be a loss to the big 10. The best chances for an out of conference win against a major conference is FSU at Colorado. My hope is just to avoid embarassing losses, and for those I'm looking at Clemson vs Furman, VT vs Ohio, Miami vs FIU, and NCSU vs Wofford. If any of those teams loose next week thats another big hit.

Right now it just looks like either someone will run the table in the conference, or its just going to be a mess of mediocre to bad teams with no one looking very good. Hopefully the level of play will rise but if it stays where it is the conference won't be very good top to bottom. As it stands I think the state of North Carolina shows the level of the conference since ECU and App State look like better teams than Wake, UNC, NCSU and Duke. Wake could go to the top of that list but I don't see the other three improving.

wow. so duke just ended their losing streak with a win over northwestern tonight. looked like a close game cause it came down to the final few seconds. here's to 1 and 22!!

WE WON! WE BEAT NORTHWESTERN! AHHHH!!

8a6ea488-a1b5-4a19-86af-5a1772e9d261.jpg

Fight, fight, Blue Devils,

Fight for Duke and the Blue and White,

March on through,

'Cause the touchdown's there for you,

Go get 'em!

Duke is out to win today,

Carolina, goodnight!

So turn on the steam, team,

Fight, Blue Devils, fight!

(Hey, if you'd lost 23 in a row, you'd be pumped, too. Apparently my classmates tore down the goalposts at Wallace Wade and dragged them up to Duke Chapel...unfortunately I was not there! I'm at home down near Salisbury since I'm going to the Panthers/Texans game tomorrow.)

Congratulations, Duke! and here I've been saying that they should just get out of the football business and give that stadium to their soccer teams! I stand corrected.

Someone please call the missing children network and tell them that a bunch of their runaway teenagers are hiding out in gold helmets on Saturdays and can be found right on national tv masquerading as the ND football team.... or maybe they are kidnapped elementary-aged kids.... doG knows that those ain't no top prospect college kids in that blue and gold. (puke, vomit, throw up)

Football< what college football? I am waiting for the start of NCAA hockey season! :blink:

Good day for the ACC; no bad losses, Miami doesn't swing the helmets at FIU this year and Duke wins! And hey with the way they are playing they could get another win since Notre Dame looks so bad.

We'll see if it holds but after the last few weeks BC looks like the best team in the conference, since Clemson will have the inevitable Tommy Bowden late season swoon.

Gonna bring the Big 12 to the board..

GO SOONERS!!! we still got a shot at the BCS championship game, especially after South Florida got knocked off. I was praying Auburn would take out LSU tonight, but didn't happen..

BC's Last Drive

For everyone not watching this last night, here is a link to BC's game winning drive. The last play is amazing, but what amazed me even more was VT's complete lack of defense. They went into "prevent" to keep BC from being able to throw deep but allow 2 deep balls to the end zone in the last three plays. If they had just kept blitzing #2 would have fallen for the 4th week in a row. Instead the ACC gets to keep its BCS contender for at least another week.

Congratulations NC State for upsetting Miami. Great win. I wonder what excuse they will come up with or rather what illegal play they will accuse us of like the Fl Panthers have done with the Canes.

Congratulations NC State for upsetting Miami. Great win. I wonder what excuse they will come up with or rather what illegal play they will accuse us of like the Fl Panthers have done with the Canes.

They won't accuse anyone of anything because Miami fans disappear when the Canes are unranked, and the Canes are mediocre and inconsistent this year.

Another huge win for the Pirates this past weekend. A couple more wins and we'll be hosting the Conference Championships and most likely get into another Bowl game.

So, how are State and UNC doing in their conference? ssst.gif

Buckeye fan here checking in. Hoping my Buckeyes continue on the winning way through the last two games of the season. Even if they don't, I never expected the Buckeyes to make it to number 1 anyway or make it to undefeated at this point.

Go Buckeyes, Go Canes.

K~

My Oklahoma Sooners put a serious beating on Texas A&M saturday night, 42-14.. Gotta love that Sooner Magic

Another Sooner fan!!!! I lived in Tulsa for 7 years. :)