The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

NCAA Football thread

Typical Carolina fan... whine whine whine... want some cheese with that?

1. What did I post there that was not true?

2. That 34-0 beatdown on Thursday eliminates your room to criticize any other ACC fan* for at LEAST a week. Climb back under your rock.

* Except Clemson fans - they can be ridiculed for the rest of the season, no matter if they win the rest of their games.

Actually you just regurgitated the exact same thing I said a week ago and didnt add anything useful to the post.

Also, I am still supporting the ACC no matter how bad they are instead of you who is desperately desperately looking for another bandwagon to jump on. State played very well in the first half and shut down SC's running game and was only down 3-0 at the half, as opposed to Carolina who was tied at the half with a no name and barely barely come back to win.. which is the worse game? I dare say that if UNC had lost thier starting quarterback halfway through the first half like State did they probably would have lost. Losing 3 players to injuries on the road against a team your not supposed to beat anyway does tend to make the wheels fall off don't you think? I'm more concerned with the state of our injured players then a blow out road loss that doesnt mean jack.

All you've done this whole thread is complain about how bad the ACC is.. all you have to do is root for someone else. I dont care if State goes 0-13 I'll still pull for them. You seem ready to give up on the season after one week and you team actually won, albeit barely.

OK, so I will chime in here a little.....

WAR EAGLE!!!! (Disclaimer.....by marriage only)

I am a BADGER fan!!! There have been some very interesting topics of football in my house!

But locally, we do pull for NCSU

I am a BADGER fan!!! There have been some very interesting topics of football in my house!

NO WAY. That's THREE State/Auburn fans on here.

AMEN BROTHA.

*loves* it. Honestly did not think that I'd encounter another fan once I left Alabama. But really there's a lot of em up here...not just you guys but like alumni and stuff...even met another family that moved from there to here. However, I HAVEN'T met ANY 'Bama fans since I left...nor have I seen ANY alumni.

PERFECT.

edit: noticeable exception would be my father, lol.

1. What did I post there that was not true?

2. That 34-0 beatdown on Thursday eliminates your room to criticize any other ACC fan* for at LEAST a week. Climb back under your rock.

* Except Clemson fans - they can be ridiculed for the rest of the season, no matter if they win the rest of their games.

hey hey, you barely beat...uhhh whoever it was that UNC beat lol. so we're all under rocks right now.

except for me, 'cause I'm really with Auburn. Always have been always will be. I just go to State. And yeah attend games as well, simply 'cause college football is in my blood.

But that's it.

When I was in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago, I saw a few Aubs. I was shocked. And since I'm so negative about ACC football, allow me to say one positive thing about each ACC school:

BC:

Maryland: Fridge is my favorite coach in the league outside of Butch

Virginia: Were the ones to put an end to Florida State's winning streak in '95.

VA Tech: Love the uniforms. Probably the toughest stadium to play in the ACC.

Wake: Hey! They won big Thursday night! On the road! Against a Big XII team!

State: Uh.... er.... I really like Philip Rivers?

Duke: Um... uh.... great med school?

Carolina: I love Carolina. They got shafted out of the Bowl Alliance Fiesta Bowl bid in '97 in favor of K-State, who they would've slaughtered by 25 points.

Clemson: AUBURN WITH A LAKE!

Tech:

in the nation.

FSU: Best team for the longest time in the conference.

Miami: Former color commentator Lamar Thomas provided me with laughs for eternity with this hilarious rant from a couple of years back.

Well I guess that makes me a badger by marriage *shivers*

Hi all.

For those that don't know me, I am a long time lurker who finally decided to chime in. I am married to caniac_80 and we have 26 game plan in the mezzanine.

I am a Hurricane by choice, and an Auburn Tiger by birth. I like to go hang with the Triangle AU club at High Park Bar & Grill (Whittaker Mill Rd Raleigh) on Saturdays to watch AU rule :). Hopefully this will be a good year for them, tho they do have a habit of choking...

Also, Caniac_80 and I have a new Canon Rebel XSi that we are getting pretty decent at using and combined with row A seats at the Canes games hopefully we will get some nice shots. I will be posting them on flickr so look for the links under the photos topic.

Go Canes! and Tigerz2!

Well I guess that makes me a badger by marriage *shivers*

Hi all.

For those that don't know me, I am a long time lurker who finally decided to chime in. I am married to caniac_80 and we have 26 game plan in the mezzanine.

I am a Hurricane by choice, and an Auburn Tiger by birth. I like to go hang with the Triangle AU club at High Park Bar & Grill (Whittaker Mill Rd Raleigh) on Saturdays to watch AU rule :). Hopefully this will be a good year for them, tho they do have a habit of choking...

Also, Caniac_80 and I have a new Canon Rebel XSi that we are getting pretty decent at using and combined with row A seats at the Canes games hopefully we will get some nice shots. I will be posting them on flickr so look for the links under the photos topic.

Go Canes! and Tigerz2!

YEAH!!! You are finally admitting you ARE a Badger!!

There's an Auburn CLUB??? Is anyone invited??? :lol:

If it's anything like the Auburn QB Club here in Montgomery, it primarily consists of discussion revolving around "Bo over the top," the 1989 "Mountaintop Game," and "Punt Bama Punt," all over Jack and Cokes on the rocks. Oh, and did you know that Auburn's beaten Bama six in a row? They'll talk about that, too.

If it's anything like the Auburn QB Club here in Montgomery, it primarily consists of discussion revolving around "Bo over the top," the 1989 "Mountaintop Game," and "Punt Bama Punt," all over Jack and Cokes on the rocks. Oh, and did you know that Auburn's beaten Bama six in a row? They'll talk about that, too.

I forget that you live down in my home state. No wonder you're so knowledgeable lol. And you're in the capital city? Explains why you prefer Auburn.

I live and die in the fall by Auburn football, so yea I know all about the things you speak of, including our glorious 6 game winning streak. I'm just wondering that if there's a club up here, how it goes and if any fan is invited.

Do they also bask in the glory of their AD's being afraid to play Georgia Tech? Oh wait they would probably not want to remember those embarrassing losses to Reggie Ball.

Do they also bask in the glory of their AD's being afraid to play Georgia Tech? Oh wait they would probably not want to remember those embarrassing losses to Reggie Ball.

LOL.

JUST HIT ME. Those memories. Those awful forgotten memories of Reggie Ball and Calvin Johnson. What a joke.

Auburn never is that good at the beginning of the season. We take a while to warm up.

LOL.

JUST HIT ME. Those memories. Those awful forgotten memories of Reggie Ball and Calvin Johnson. What a joke.

Auburn never is that good at the beginning of the season. We take a while to warm up.

Don't worry I have more awful unforgettable memories about Reggie Ball than you ever will. Don't even ask about counting to four. At least the memories of Johnson are good, though full of regret at talent totally wasted.

That UT game made me want to cry last night. How do you lose to the UCLA Sugar Bears? (I think their uniforms look like the Sugar Crisp Cereal Box).

I have high hopes for Johnathon Crompton, good WNC boy from Waynesville. Lets go Crompton get the Vols in gear

That UT game made me want to cry last night.

$ame here. For differing reasons. Tennessee left TWENTY FIVE points on the board in regulation: the fumble, the blocked punt, three FG's, and the safety that wasn't called. One of the cheapest losses I can remember in several years.

And I'm an Auburn "sympathizer" (I refuse to call myself an Auburn "fan") primarily because I moved here in '92. When you move to a new place and the ONLY sports-related topic anyone discusses is Alabama football and how a team with THAT lame offense (their biggest weapon was a KICK RETURNER!) was gonna go undefeated and win the National Title, it grates on you in a hurry. So when I learned of the rivalry - admittedly, I didn't know much about Auburn at all before I moved here - I decided I was gonna side with the Aubs on that one. I have NOT regretted my decision in the least. The 2004 Auburn team would beaten that '92 Bama team and it wouldn't have been close.

However, my SEC team of choice is Georgia. Went to Athens for the Auburn/Georgia game in '97 - one week after UGA finally beat Spurrier - and the place was absolutely electric. The few times I've been to Jordan-Hare couldn't approach that atmosphere, and I decided that this was gonna be the team I threw my regional weight behind. Of course, Auburn ran them off the field that night, but it was a blast anyway.

$ame here. For differing reasons. Tennessee left TWENTY FIVE points on the board in regulation: the fumble, the blocked punt, three FG's, and the safety that wasn't called. One of the cheapest losses I can remember in several years.

And I'm an Auburn "sympathizer" (I refuse to call myself an Auburn "fan") primarily because I moved here in '92. When you move to a new place and the ONLY sports-related topic anyone discusses is Alabama football and how a team with THAT lame offense (their biggest weapon was a KICK RETURNER!) was gonna go undefeated and win the National Title, it grates on you in a hurry. So when I learned of the rivalry - admittedly, I didn't know much about Auburn at all before I moved here - I decided I was gonna side with the Aubs on that one. I have NOT regretted my decision in the least. The 2004 Auburn team would beaten that '92 Bama team and it wouldn't have been close.

However, my SEC team of choice is Georgia. Went to Athens for the Auburn/Georgia game in '97 - one week after UGA finally beat Spurrier - and the place was absolutely electric. The few times I've been to Jordan-Hare couldn't approach that atmosphere, and I decided that this was gonna be the team I threw my regional weight behind. Of course, Auburn ran them off the field that night, but it was a blast anyway.

I lived in Atlanta for almost 8 years, and went to 2 games up there in Athens....awesome awesome atmosphere!

I forget that you live down in my home state. No wonder you're so knowledgeable lol. And you're in the capital city? Explains why you prefer Auburn.

I live and die in the fall by Auburn football, so yea I know all about the things you speak of, including our glorious 6 game winning streak. I'm just wondering that if there's a club up here, how it goes and if any fan is invited.

Actually I grew up in Alabama as well (Huntsville), with siblings, parents and grandparents that are AU alumni. Thats how I came to be born as an AU. I had to suffer through lots of years where AU was the wipping post, so I have immensly enjoyed the past 6 years.

There is a Raleigh club (Triangle Auburn Club) which has a pretty decent fan base. The site is www.triangleauburnclub.com .

They have a mailing list and facebook site as well. They meet at High Park Bar & Grill (formerly the Upper Deck Profile)

625 E Whitaker Mill Rd, Raleigh, NC 27608 919.833.4527 on saturdays to watch the game (if its on ESPN gameplan).

Any AU fan is welcome to come.

BTW, I like Ga but they sure do make me nervous when we play em :huh:

Well better a sympathizer for Auburn than a fan of Alabama. I have a lot of respect for Georgia; Richt really is one of the best in college football today (coaching wise and just being the face of the team, really knows what he's doing). Their fans are passionate, and they always seem to have a competitive club. Plus, they've whopped us the last few years. It's always a tough game no matter what.

Idk about some of you, but I find it amusing how the SEC has changed over the last 8 years. I can clearly remember when it was either the Gators or Vols that would win the SEC year in, year out. No one from the West really had their act together. Then boom, Saban arrives at LSU in 1998 (I think) and slowly builds a mighty contender. Tuberville at Auburn in 1998 and does the same thing. Jackie Sherrill had some solid teams at MSU, and Nutt the same at Arkansas. As for the East, here comes unknown (relatively) Mark Richt and he steadily brings that program back to the top. Meanwhile Tennessee and Florida have had their ups and downs over the same course of years.

The rise and fall of programs really can be quick. In ten years, who knows what SEC team will be the next LSU or Georgia. I just hope my Tigers don't fall off ;).

Actually I grew up in Alabama as well (Huntsville), with siblings, parents and grandparents that are AU alumni. Thats how I came to be born as an AU. I had to suffer through lots of years where AU was the wipping post, so I have immensly enjoyed the past 6 years.

There is a Raleigh club (Triangle Auburn Club) which has a pretty decent fan base. The site is www.triangleauburnclub.com .

They have a mailing list and facebook site as well. They meet at High Park Bar & Grill (formerly the Upper Deck Profile)

625 E Whitaker Mill Rd, Raleigh, NC 27608 919.833.4527 on saturdays to watch the game (if its on ESPN gameplan).

Any AU fan is welcome to come.

BTW, I like Ga but they sure do make me nervous when we play em :huh:

IMPOSSIBLE! I was born in Huntsville!! Lived there for the first 15 years of my life, then came up here 5 years ago. That is so weird!! Small world huh? My dad is an Alabama alumni and my mom an Auburn. Man I bet you really had to suffer, 'cause I know Auburn was really bad a good number of years before I was born. Yeah Terry Bowden took them up for a while, but that didn't count haha.

It's a good thing we have Tuberville now, isn't it? Although Saban is just as good. Iron Bowl is gonna be a tough one this November.

Yeah Terry Bowden took them up for a while, but that didn't count haha.

It's a good thing we have Tuberville now, isn't it? Although Saban is just as good. Iron Bowl is gonna be a tough one this November.

Wow, yes it is a small world.

IIRC Terry Bowden really just rode the coattails of Pat Dye who was an awesome coach. PD got in trouble with NCAA and money I believe.

Saban is an excellent coach, and I hope we have one more kick bama in the tail year before his recruiting kicks in.

IIRC Terry Bowden really just rode the coattails of Pat Dye who was an awesome coach. PD got in trouble with NCAA and money I believe.

Two things...

1. Eric Ramsey

2. In the words of then-AU assistant and now-Troy (MY school) head football coach Larry Blakeney: "Keep it down home, Cuz."

I think we should take care of business, but I too am holding my breath. Eugene is back, but Hill is out, Wilson is still out and Evans just plain stinks. I'm sure they ran the heck out of the defense this week, even though they played pretty well against SC (at least in the first half)...