The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

I dont know.. I'm a little worried now since the bears are pretty much sticking it to the colts... I know the panthers beat the colts in preseason, but the bears seem to be just having thier way with them. The Panthers can do it but it wont be a blow out.. will be close like the Chargers game.

I feel like such a coach right now, I'm happy with the win but I'm really dissapointed by their play most of the night. We got out lucky, and our D really saved us. The offense was a monster until they got to around San Diegos 30 yd line, they fell apart each time (except for the last drive). They also stopped using the running game when it was being so successful, why stop using it if they can't stop it? Also IMO I don't know how we didn't get 5 or 6 sacks in that game, we were right up on him the majority of the game and we make sloppy tackles and let him get off a pass for a first down, jeez.

Oh well, once again I'm just happy that we got this really unexpected win.

I saw a lot of the same things.. we had our hands all over Rivers yet never brought him down.. lots of hands slipping off guys and lots of "hits" but not wrapping up with the arms to tackle... no good to HIT LT.. he just bounces off... Why the little short passes inside the 5 yard line when you had williams and stewart running down Sd's throat? Several of the FGs shoulda been TDs.. that game shouldnt have been close.. it was as if they got to the 10 yard line and gave up and settled for the FG.. bad play calling... well not bad.. but a little suspect.. the one yard pass that Hoover dropped would have EASILY been a TD in Williams's hands. The first drive was a great example of the differences.. an 8 yard run.. then a 12 yard run for a first down.. and then 3 straight dropped passes for a 3 and out.. why did they pull Williams off the field?? Crazy.. Carolina could have driven the length of the field and got a TD easy on the first drive, before SD's defense was into the game yet.

Looks like the good ol' panthers that we loathe are back today vs. the bears so far. Fortunately we aren't down by much now but an interception right after our biggest play of the day... :angry:

very very fortunate situation today that the bears could not capitalize on their dominance too much in the first half. both teams were committing tons of stupid penalties in the first half, but the panthers settled down and bears kept them up, and killed them in the end imo. 2-0 with no smitty, very nice!

The first half was so awful that I actually stopped watching to go play NHL 09, I really didnt think they had much of a chance to come back but I guess they did. Can't wait until we get Steve Smith back, If we can beat the Chargers and Bears without him I am excited to see how well do with him

Can't wait until we get Steve Smith back, If we can beat the Chargers and Bears without him I am excited to see how well do with him

No kidding. I love this team, but let's be honest... considering the circumstances, who the heck thought that we'd be 2-0 right now? I know it's early, but I'm going ahead and guaranteeing that we will still be playing come January... possibly even February.

My mom lives about 3 miles from Tampa Stadium....now if the Panthers can get to the game and I, somehow, can get a ticket (fat chance).

No kidding. I love this team, but let's be honest... considering the circumstances, who the heck thought that we'd be 2-0 right now? I know it's early, but I'm going ahead and guaranteeing that we will still be playing come January... possibly even February.

Unless the injury bug comes along and bites the Panthers *knocks on wood* but as long as we are relatively injury free, why not. I can definitely agree on saying I had no idea we would be 2-0 now. Honestly, I would have bet large sums of money on the fact that we would be 0-2 at this point!

I can't believe I missed it! I had to run some errands, so I left the house after it was 10-0 bears, then checked the score at my buddys house and we had won 20-17! Even my buddy was like "We are 2-0?!?" like its pretty unbeleiveable, which to a certain degree I guess it is.. I had chalked the first two up to loses with Smith out and tough teams. Minnesota should be an easy win (if we can stop the run), and atlanta has looked tough, but they beat a weak detroit team and then got smoked by TB. Could be 4-0 by the end of september. KC has also struggled. We could be in for a stretch of wins.

*follows CM's lead and knocks on wood*

Go Panthers!

I went to the game today and had a great time.(during the second half anyway) That was just an amazing half considering how the first half went. I think the heat probably had a little to do with the Bears wilting during the second. The heat index was about 110. And they were in those black jerseys. I really expected to see those ugly orange ones.

But anyway, I wanted to say how proud I was of the Panthers fans for this game. Everyone stayed for the entire game! That is very unusual. About 1/3 usually leave at the begining of the 4th. And we were LOUD during that 4th quarter.

It was a great ending to a game I didn't think that we could win.

Now we get Smitty back!!! Can't wait to see him running over opposing Ds this year!! :P

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

2-0

Minnesota should be an easy win

Might I remind you that this team has lost two close ones to pretty darn good teams? Let's not call this an easy win just yet.

Might I remind you that this team has lost two close ones to pretty darn good teams? Let's not call this an easy win just yet.

I can see that for the Green Bay loss, yeah they are good.. but Indy at 1-1 and barely beat Min is a "pretty darn good team"? I guess you could say Min almost beat Indy, but considering Indy rolled off 18 straight points to win, I would say Min rolled over and died.

There is no win in the NFL that is an easy win, but after watching Minnesotas defense get no points in my fantasy (good thing I switched to Tenn) I would much rather see the panthers up against Minnesota then say.. New England.. or the NY Giants. Teams like that will crush the Panthers. Can Minnesota be dangerous? Yes of course.. one word.. Adrian Peterson.

Lets just say the schedule looks favorable for the Panthers for the next couple of games. Minnesota 0-2, Atlanta 1-1 (does detroit win even count?), Kansas City 0-2, TB 1-1, New Orleans 1-1, Arizona 2-0 (First challenge perhaps? Maybe struggle at Tampa?).. If we execute and work hard we could easily be 6-2 at the bye. Could we also be 4-4? Yeah, we could be. Thats part of the fun of football is speculating who your team will beat and who they wont. I could see us winning out until the arizona game. And Arizona's wins include a two hand tough scrimmage against Miami... they could have started 1-1 against harder opponents.

Carolina has faced two "really darn good teams" and come away with wins. I think we can beat anyone right now, with maybe the except of the Pats, the Giants (who we face late in the season like week 16), the Titans, possibly other 2-0 teams like the Packers and Cowboys. Carolina should win the division easily and cruise into the playoffs, lets just hope they keep it rolling late and dont cruise the last few games (weeks 14 and 15 against Broncos and Giants will be rough if they keep up they way they are playing now)...

By that logic, the bills are a favorite over the chargers.

Are they not?.. is everyone picking the chargers? I know the bills have sucked in the past but evidently they are off to a good start. I dont follow them so I dont know how good they are at 2-0. Obviously SD had a close loss to Carolina and a close loss to Denver, so SD could be 0-2, 1-1 or 2-0 right now with a couple of flips of the ball. That probably makes that one match up a little harder to pick.. What about 2-0 New England vs 0-2 Miami or 2-0 Pittsburgh vs 0-2 Cleveland (and Cinci in that divison). Obviously its only week 2 and there are a lot of 2-0 teams and a lot of 0-2 teams in and two weeks a lot of those teams will win to be 2-2 and a lot will lose to be 2-2.

Why is everybody making such a big deal about the Vikings? I'm not underestimating them, but in my opinion Carolina can beat them easily. Isnt that what this board is about? Speculating outcomes and expressing opinions.. if we lose to them I will be extremely dissapointed as any fan would be since I believed in my team. I'm kinda surprised that everyone is pulling out the "Not So Fast My Friend" just cause I said we COULD, POSSIBLY if we are LUCKY win the next 3 games. Two of which are at home. I know its hard to pull for the Panthers since they always find somewhere to stumble and crumble but dont you have any faith in the team at all?

Big game today guys. My 0-2 Vikes against these surprise Panthers. Can't wait to see just how desperate my team is, simply because they've lacked it in the first two games. Let GB walk all over them, and then couldn't put away the Colts.

WE MUST WIN THIS GAME!!

Idk what to expect from the Panthers. Running the ball does not work against the Vikings, so Delhomme (sp?) will have to air it out.