The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

Hopefully it will end up not mattering and Carolina holds on to win but that is the SECOND time this season the opposing team has lost the ball only to come back and score because the refs seriously eff'd up the call. Tampa Bay got a field goal after an obvious fumble was called off, and now NO comes back to score a TD against a confused defense who knows they took the ball away. To be honest I was kinda surprised the allowed the fumble return TD on the kickoff muff.. I was waiting for that one to get waved off. I love when the refs just make stuff up as they go along! What the heck? He caught the ball with two hands, both feet touch the ground THAT IS POSSESION! So it CANT be incomplete.. it is either a complete pass and down by contact OR A FUMBLE! Incomplete pass is not even remotely an option!!! How do you screw that up?!?!

Are you freaking serious.. what the hell is going on? This is no way to win a super bowl... for the love of all that is holy why the hell have we stopped playing defense in the second half?!?! This is like the 3rd freakin week in a row... this is unfreakingbelievable... digusting..Exactly how we lost the game and the #1 seed against the Giants.. what now we WANT to be a wild card?

Heres what I want to know though.. if we lose and Atlanta wins, what gives Atlanta the division? We are 1-1 against each other and both would be 11-5.. whats the tiebreaker? Thats what I want to know.. how can Carolina be the best team in the NFC all year and not win the division.. doesnt make sense....

Holy Cow... Stop giving the fans heart attacks Delhomme!!! Arrrgggghhhhh....jeez louise... If he had missed that FG... holy cow.. the funny thing is.. they blasted Fox for leaving time on the clock.. but if he had missed the kick on first down with 1 second left he would have gotten another crack at it...

First Round Bye and a home playoff game!! Woot woot!!!!

Man what happened to the Tampa Bay Bucs? Boy did they just give up... started 9-3 and lost 4 in a row to end the season 9-7...only one game ahead of the miserable 8-8 Saints.. how about that for the NFC South? All 4 teams at .500 or above and 2 divison teams headed to the playoffs.

Currently Dallas is laying an egg against Philly.. Philly just scored thier 3rd TD of the second quarter to go up 24-3, then Pacman Jones fumbles the kickoff with 5 seconds left and Akers tacks on a 50 yard FG to make it 27-3. Go Eagles! Didnt want to see Dallas in the playoffs anyway!!

Looking like Minnesota vs Philly and Atlanta vs Arizona for the first round playoff matchups.

Atlanta should win that easily.

Yeah seriously.. the Cards quit playing a month ago.. unfortunately that could open up a Carolina/Atlanta matchup for the Divisional game in week 2. If Minnesota wins over the Eagles, Atlanta will face the Giants and then we would get the Vikings. I like our chances at home in week 2.. and I like our chances for a Giants rematch in week 3.. how awesome would it be if Atlanta could beat the Giants and then set up a Panthers/Falcons NFC Championship game IN Charlotte. That would be insane.

Yeah seriously.. the Cards quit playing a month ago.. unfortunately that could open up a Carolina/Atlanta matchup for the Divisional game in week 2. If Minnesota wins over the Eagles, Atlanta will face the Giants and then we would get the Vikings. I like our chances at home in week 2.. and I like our chances for a Giants rematch in week 3.. how awesome would it be if Atlanta could beat the Giants and then set up a Panthers/Falcons NFC Championship game IN Charlotte. That would be insane.

As good as the Falcons have been lately I wouldn't mind seeing that. I think we learned a lot about them in our loss to them last time and I think we could take them. All of that and the fact that we are a sick playoff team, lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Heres what I want to know though.. if we lose and Atlanta wins, what gives Atlanta the division? We are 1-1 against each other and both would be 11-5.. whats the tiebreaker? Thats what I want to know.. how can Carolina be the best team in the NFC all year and not win the division.. doesnt make sense....

Moot point now, but the tiebreakers, per NFL.com, for breaking a tie within the division are in the following order:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

Also, leaving time on the clock is a safeguard ONLY for a botched snap or something of the sort. Once the ball is kicked, it's either three points and a kickoff, or the ball goes over to the other team... unless the kick is blocked and the defense pulls a Leon Lett.

As good as the Falcons have been lately I wouldn't mind seeing that. I think we learned a lot about them in our loss to them last time and I think we could take them. All of that and the fact that we are a sick playoff team, lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Plus we came back and beat them when they visited us in Charlotte, so we have home field to our advantage, whether we meet them in the divisional round (which would only happen if #6 Philly beats #3 Minnesota, then #6 philly goes to new york and we get the Atl/AZ winner. Not that I wouldnt put it past Philly, they are hot right now but Minnesota is probably the better team.

If i had to wager right now, I would say Panthers/Giants rematch for the NFC title and Tennesee/Indy for the AFC title.

http://www.nameswecanbelievein.com/''>http://www.nameswecanbelievein.com/' target="_blank">http://www.nameswecanbelievein.com/[/post]

lol, awesome... now I have to buy one of those shirts. I love these guys, they have excellent character.

Whats gonna be real funny is when Smash and Dash run into Double Trouble in the Super Bowl and get WHOOPED... Can Tennesee even claim a "tandem" of running backs? Yeah, so LenDale White FINALLY got 10 TDs in the last week, but he has hardly any yards. Out of the "2000+ yards and 30 TDs" for the 2 of them, 2/3rds or more of that belongs to Johnson. Yes, I'm a bitter fantasy Johnson owner who week after week watched Johnson break off a 75 yard run to the 3 yard line, only to watch White get the easy TD from the 1. All White got was Johnson's left overs... 700 yards and 10 TDs in 16 games... not that great. I've got mad respect for Chris Johnson, what he did as a rookie is unbelieveable, but to call him and White a "Tandem" is doing Johnson a disservice.. he carried that team by himself. 1200+ yards and 20 TDs is a pro bowl effort, not 700 and 10.

*Interesting... now that I look at the stats, they are pretty similar (Williams 1500 yds, 18TD + Stewart 830 yds, 10 TD)...but you can tell Williams and Stewart played together as a team and helped each other out. The way they celebrated together when either one scored was awesome.. they didnt care about stats or anything just winning the game.

Yeah, I think that Carolina can defeat any team in the NFL right now... especially if we get our injured guys back in the line-up. I would like to see a Ten Vs Car super bowl... that would be awesome!

The Williams and Stewart combo is the best duo of RBs in the league, by far. I can't believe they don't get any attention from the media... but then again, they tend to ignore Carolina teams for some reason.

By far? I don't think so. If anyone can combat Carolina's runningback one-two punch, it's Tennessee. Chris Johnson has some serious speed, and White will mow down anyone.