The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

By far? I don't think so. If anyone can combat Carolina's runningback one-two punch, it's Tennessee. Chris Johnson has some serious speed, and White will mow down anyone.

Smash and Dash - 2001 yds, 4.4 AYC, 129 y/g, 24 tds

Double Trouble - 2351 yards, 4.6 AYC, 158 y/g 28 tds

Difference - 350 yards, 0.2 AYC, 29 y/g, 4 tds. Not as much of a difference as I thought, but still a pretty good gap between the two teams' running combos. Keep in mind, also, the quality of rushing defenses these teams faced. Carolina had to run against the NFC's best run-stopping defenses. Tennessee met a couple of good run-stopping defenses, but also faced a lot of very soft ones.

As individual players, for Tennessee, one is strong and one is fast... But both Williams and Stewart are very well balanced - they are both strong and fast (capable of powering through small holes and beating defenders on the outside). In the open field, they will out run most.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought Carolina's duo was Smash and Dash?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d2cc16&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true' target="_blank">NFL.com believes so[/post]

It does seem to make more sense with the Titans duo though.

Yeah, it was an unofficial nickname for a while, but such a fuss was made about it (from the Tennessee backs) that Williams and Stewart went with the nickname Muhsin Muhammad gave them - Double Trouble. Check out post #444, I have a link to Williams' and Stewart's new web site which explains it.

We are now seeing why Delhomme is just an average QB. I hope he proves me wrong in the 2nd half, but it doesn't look like he will now....

I posted it in the other thread, and I will here, too:

BRETT FAVRE.

1 month ago, almost to the day, I called Delhomme an average QB. I said he has an innate talent at ruining drives by throwing an interception or turning the ball over. I was jumped on, claiming he's a clutch QB in the playoffs and a real leader on the team.

Where is your Delhomme now?

I posted it in the other thread, and I will here, too:

BRETT FAVRE.

Definately worth the second post :lol:

Panthers down 27-7 at halftime. My analysis of the team is proving absolutely correct; without a running game the team struggles to find offense and their defense breaks down. The Cardinals haven't even had to worry about stopping the Panthers rushing attack as Delhomme has lead the way with the team's meltdown. Everybody of course is stunned at the game so far...but really it's not that surprising.

And I didn't even have to wait a week to see this. Fox is a good coach though so let's watch how the team responds in the second half.

Like I said, Delhomme just has to NOT lose the game for us. So far, he's done a great job of failing to do that. A fumble and two interceptions.

And of course, since he dug us into this hole, we can use the running game to get us out. My only hope right now is that we go back to the run in the 2nd half, and the Cardinals become overconfident.

Like I said, Delhomme just has to NOT lose the game for us. So far, he's done a great job of failing to do that. A fumble and two interceptions.

And of course, since he dug us into this hole, we can use the running game to get us out. My only hope right now is that we go back to the run in the 2nd half, and the Cardinals become overconfident.

I wouldn't count out the Cards from doing that...they just strike me as a team that doesn't know how to finish big games. So yea, I see some sort of comeback here from the Panthers...but in order for it to work they need to stop the Cardinals offense a few times...not be so confused.

Okay, you fake a WR screen pass and the defense bites on it. What do you do now?

A. Look for the crossing route coming on the other side of the field

B. Look for the go route on top of the cheating safety playing the screen

C. Scramble with the defense out of position

D. Sling it between two defenders to the guy you JUST FAKED TO and beg for it to be tipped into coverage

If you answered D, you can QB for the NFC South champions.

Okay, you fake a WR screen pass and the defense bites on it. What do you do now?

A. Look for the crossing route coming on the other side of the field

B. Look for the go route on top of the cheating safety playing the screen

C. Scramble with the defense out of position

D. Sling it between two defenders to the guy you JUST FAKED TO and beg for it to be tipped into coverage

If you answered D, you can QB for the NFC South champions.

D happened again -the fake...