The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

Somewhat on/off topic:

You guys should know that even though I cannot stand the Panthers (because they own the Bucs) I still drafted DeAngelo Williams and Jake Delhomme for my fantasy football team. Now I think it's only fair that some of you take a couple of Bucs; maybe Carnell Williams or Garcia for your backup QB :P

Don't worry... we can't stand you guys, either. I've been to the Bucs' message board several times, and their fans are jerks. Thing is, the Bucs are playing like garbage, so the rivalry is dying down. As far as I'm concerned, the Patriots are my #1 most hated team.

Don't worry... we can't stand you guys, either. I've been to the Bucs' message board several times, and their fans are jerks. Thing is, the Bucs are playing like garbage, so the rivalry is dying down. As far as I'm concerned, the Patriots are my #1 most hated team.

I hope you're not forgetting about the Falcons. Worst fans in the league are Pittsburgh and Dallas, IMO.

Hate order always starts in the division, so falcons bucs and saints can all be 0-16 or whatever for all I care, even if its statistically impossible since they have to play each other, I can still dream right... :lol: Outside of that, the Pats and cowboys are on the top of the hate list. Pats obviously since they beat us in the SB, and all you have to do is go to any cowboys message board and you will see why I hate them.

Glad to see the cats offense seems to be in order. Wasn't able to see the game, but from what I hear our team will not have to rely on the defense 4 quarters anymore.

I hope you're not forgetting about the Falcons.

Nah... I don't like them, either. I used to hate the Saints, but that kind of died off in the last couple of years, especially with what's been going on with them. It's been good to see them succeeding to make the people of New Orleans happy.

I hope you're not forgetting about the Falcons. Worst fans in the league are Pittsburgh and Dallas, IMO.

Absolutely hateeeee the Patriots and Falcons.

But I do like the Eagles and Miami..

even though they arent as good as others.

My family likes Miami so I gotta like them. :D

Ohh, i don't read the Buc boards. I've been to 1 Buc game and a lot of the fans are drunken' jerks.

Ohh, i don't read the Buc boards. I've been to 1 Buc game and a lot of the fans are drunken' jerks.

I don't post on the Panthers' boards (well, one of them, anyway, which I will not name) for the same reason. Those guys know their football but unfortunately they're also douchebags. They don't represent most of our fans, though.

I've been to 1 Buc game and a lot of the fans are drunken' jerks.

Not surprised to hear that at all. That's exactly what they come off as on their boards.

lol at reading about Buc fans. Me and a buddy are going to the Panthers/Bucs game on Sept. 30. This'll be the 2nd Panthers game I've been to (saw us lose to the Saints in '05), hope we kick their tails.

Oh man... I hated that game. The season turned out well, but that was a bad start. Like I said, I'm all for the Saints' success bringing joy to the people of New Orleans, but I didn't like how the media was making it seem like if we won that game, we'd be like the enemy of America or something.

Oh man... I hated that game. The season turned out well, but that was a bad start. Like I said, I'm all for the Saints' success bringing joy to the people of New Orleans, but I didn't like how the media was making it seem like if we won that game, we'd be like the enemy of America or something.

No it wasn't that game (maybe it was in '04), but it was the last game of the season and we could've gone to the playoffs with a win but we fell behind early, made a push in the 2nd half but came up short. The game (and season) ended when Kasay had 60 yeard FG blocked.

Would've hated to be at that game you're talking about though. It was bad enough watching on tv, can only imagine how frustrating it would've been in person.

That one was bad, too. All that excitement after making an incredible comeback from 1-7, and we fall just short of the playoffs.

By the way... you were technically right when you said 2005, but it was played on January 2, so it was part of the 2004 season.

I didnt read all the replies here.. just a few. But I dont think Jake Delhomme is the problem.. I called into 850 TheBuzz last year very steamed and very upset and they actually put me on the air. People were pointing the finger at John Fox, and Jake Delhomme.

1) John Fox in my opinion is a very smart coach, do not EVER blame him, I love John Fox, and would not ask for a different coach.

2) Its hard to point a finger at 2 people that way.. the only problem i see.. is why the **** arent you playing deangelo williams!?!? he is far superior to deshaun foster.. did anyone else see this hell of a stud play at memphis in college?? he broke all sorts of records... get the running game back in order just as the 2 back system when we had stephen davis and deshaun, it worked and we SHOULD HAVE WON the superbowl *cough jon kasay cough* ...

Sorry guys for the long rant.. but I love our Carolina Panthers, they have a bright future and strong fan base.. only other thing to add to this is.. GO PHILIP RIVERS and the San Diego Chargers as well.. represent the wolfpack baby.. woot woot.

I love DeAngelo, but maybe we shouldn't write DeShaun off with the way he played the other night. Of course, that was against a weak Giants defense. Friday night he faces a much tougher Eagles defense. If he does well in that game, then I think we can really start talking about him again.

Im not writing him off by any means, sorry if it seemed that way. I was meaning give deangelo a chance, and then get them working a two running back system. two very strong running backs, also using deangelo in on the plays for some trickery would be amazing cause the defense would be like.. *edit* cause we have both guys in.. hehe. i can only forsee what that would turn into.

Keep in mind who our offense cord was then as well when trying to bring any type of logical explanation on last season's offense. I am looking forward to an offense this year that utilizes all of our weapons this season.

?: What is the local radio affiliate for the panthers? I want to listen to the Friday game at work :lol:

Ichigo: http://www.panthers.com/Multimedia/Default.aspx?id=1596

Im not writing him off by any means, sorry if it seemed that way. I was meaning give deangelo a chance, and then get them working a two running back system.

First off, I wasn't defending him or anything, so don't worry. I had kind of lost my faith in DeShaun, so I was just saying that maybe he might earn it back. But I agree with you about using them both. That's exactly what I was thinking... it'd work pretty well.

I had a hard time watching the game last night. It was kinda depressing. :( Thank goodness this was just a preseason game and they can work on the problems before the season starts.

i was going to watch the game but caught up in a whirlwind of ping-pong madness. all in all im really glad i didnt

Yeah that was a horrible performance by the Cats, I do have to say David Carr looked pretty good though.