The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

Man we looked like total crap against the Pats, I hope the boys are getting their stuff together. The South is looking ripe for the picking with Vick out of the picture, Garcia (ha) leading the Bucs, only ones we have to look out for is New Orleans, never thought I'd say that

Man we looked like total crap against the Pats, I hope the boys are getting their stuff together. The South is looking ripe for the picking with Vick out of the picture, Garcia (ha) leading the Bucs, only ones we have to look out for is New Orleans, never thought I'd say that

I don't think Jake and the offense looked too bad. Actually I thought Jake looked pretty good when he had the opportunity to be on the field. Defense and special teams are in a work in progress though. The Pat's defense didn't look much better, the difference was their special teams.

I don't think Jake and the offense looked too bad. Actually I thought Jake looked pretty good when he had the opportunity to be on the field. Defense and special teams are in a work in progress though. The Pat's defense didn't look much better, the difference was their special teams.

I thought that Jake looked pretty good out there as well. He had about 3 or 4 great passes just dropped by the receivers. And yeah special teams didn't do well at all last night. I mean Two blocked kicks!!! :angry: :angry: What was going on there? I think our weakest spot right now is special teams. When the season starts and the Off and Def can game plane they will look better. They were only running 5 or 6 different plays. And you know that they didn't use Smith much so that they could see how the young guys would do. I can't wait for the season to start and see some REAL action! :lol:

I thought that Jake looked pretty good out there as well. He had about 3 or 4 great passes just dropped by the receivers. And yeah special teams didn't do well at all last night. I mean Two blocked kicks!!! :angry: :angry: What was going on there? I think our weakest spot right now is special teams. When the season starts and the Off and Def can game plane they will look better. They were only running 5 or 6 different plays. And you know that they didn't use Smith much so that they could see how the young guys would do. I can't wait for the season to start and see some REAL action! :lol:

Early on, it looked as though Colbert couldn't hold onto the ball to save his life...or was it Carter?

Early on, it looked as though Colbert couldn't hold onto the ball to save his life...or was it Carter?

I think it was both. LOL

Well, The Defence looked good last night, and special teams were a little better......That is really about the only good things that I can say about the game last night. For those that have said that Carr should start ahead of Jake this year I think that last nights game answers that.....ah NO......I don't think he is ready yet. He needs to get some confidence in his play and it may take him a year or two.

Well, I am looking forward to the season starting next weekend!! Maybe with the BIG GUNS playing for a whole game we will see alot of improvement. Well, here's hoping!!! :rolleyes:

GO PANTHERS!!!!!

Hope the panthers show up big against the rams, they will have their hands full on defense, not sure how well stl's defense is, but if we can stop their offense we should be good to go. Just do what we always do, get it to the goal line and kick a field goal. Swear Kaesey is going to have a NFL record or two by the time he retires for field goals with us lol.

Well, once again we release Taye Biddle. What more does the guy have to do to get a job on this team? Just 'cuz he fumbled a couple of punt/kickoff returns he's suddenly no good? HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO RETURN KICKS! I suppose we should cut Jordan Gross too, since he probably would fumble a kickoff too. :rolleyes:

I've never pulled for a Tampa player in my life, until they signed Biddle. I hope he shows them how good he can be (except for when they're playing us ;) ).

Looks like a bunch of players have been dropped/added from waivers:

"The Carolina Panthers have signed safety Marquand Manuel and cornerback Dante Wesley, the team announced Monday. In corresponding moves, the Panthers waived cornerback Curtis Deloatch and wide receiver Chris Horn."

"The Carolina Panthers have claimed tight end Marcus Freeman, quarterback Matt Moore and tackle Frank Omiyale off waivers from Baltimore, Dallas and Atlanta respectively, the team announced Sunday. All three players were waived when teams reduced their rosters to the 53-player limit for the regular season on Saturday. To make room on the roster for them, the Panthers placed tight end Michael Gaines on injured reserve with a shoulder injury and waived tackle Rashad Butler and guard Will Montgomery."

www.panthers.com

Certainly needed the help with the cornerback and safety position from what little I actually got to see of the preseason.

Looks like a bunch of players have been dropped/added from waivers:

"The Carolina Panthers have signed safety Marquand Manuel and cornerback Dante Wesley, the team announced Monday. In corresponding moves, the Panthers waived cornerback Curtis Deloatch and wide receiver Chris Horn."

"The Carolina Panthers have claimed tight end Marcus Freeman, quarterback Matt Moore and tackle Frank Omiyale off waivers from Baltimore, Dallas and Atlanta respectively, the team announced Sunday. All three players were waived when teams reduced their rosters to the 53-player limit for the regular season on Saturday. To make room on the roster for them, the Panthers placed tight end Michael Gaines on injured reserve with a shoulder injury and waived tackle Rashad Butler and guard Will Montgomery."

www.panthers.com

Certainly needed the help with the cornerback and safety position from what little I actually got to see of the preseason.

I watched all of the Panthers' preseason games, though it was very frustrating. There were some bright spots were you could see the potential of the new offense, but it also seemed like there were a lot of kinks that needed to be worked out. I just have to remind myself that it is just the preseason and that we dont really get to see what kind of team we truly have until the season starts.

Plenty of teams in any sport have dismal pre-seasons and go on to win titles. Until the full starting team is dressed and on the field, I wouldn't make any judgements yet.

Plenty of teams in any sport have dismal pre-seasons and go on to win titles. Until the full starting team is dressed and on the field, I wouldn't make any judgements yet.

Yeah... the Colts went 1-3 last preseason, and you saw what happened to them. Also, we went 4-0, and you saw what happened to us. Preseason means nothing, really.

Yeah... the Colts went 1-3 last preseason, and you saw what happened to them. Also, we went 4-0, and you saw what happened to us. Preseason means nothing, really.

Wasn't that the year we won the first game and didn't win again for the rest of the season :lol:

Wasn't that the year we won the first game and didn't win again for the rest of the season :lol:

No... we were 4-0 in last year's preseason. In the 1-15 season you speak of, we went 2-2 in the preseason.

To me, it's not so much that we lost 3 preseason games....it's how our starters LOOKED in those 3 losses. :(

Did the Colts starters look disjointed and laid back in their 0-4 preseason last year, or just their backups?

It wasn't perfect, but man... it was pretty awesome. I haven't felt that good after a Panthers game in a long time.

I stood up and loudly announced "BISCUIT JUSTICE IS SERVED" when Steve Smith caught that TD.

We looked fantastic, the defense impressed me against a very talented Rams offense, and Jake looked like he actually knew what he was doing out there.

Also, everyone else in the NFC South lost!

Is anyone going to be at the game against Houston next Sunday? I'll be there!

Wow it was actually enjoyable to watch the panthers play on Sunday, first time in a LONG time I can say that. Just hope we can keep the running game pounding, that is our key to success. We did good against the Rams, but we always seem to run good against them. It was like a double bonus for us as panther fans to have everyone else lose in the south as well!

Heres to kicking some Texan butt! :lol: