The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
IceFrog999

Carolina Panthers Football thread

Congrats Panther fans!  If and when the Pats get knocked out, I'll be climbing on the band wagon.  Panthers are showing signs of championship magic ;)

So happy for the panthers, fans and players alike. To win against the saints to clinch a spot is great as well! Panthers can seal the division with a win next week and with a bit of luck could somehow get the 1st seed if it all plays out right. 

I can be a Panther fan this post season and I'll bet I get to see them on TV out here in the only spot in NC that doesn't show them.

Honestly I saw that one coming. SF has more experience in the playoffs. Future seems bright for the Panthers though.

Edited by captain_jack88

:censored:

Go Seahawks :shifty: .

Thanks TSA for your support... sorry about the Pats.

Thanks but the Pats shouldn't have been there anyway.  It was a great season for both teams and both will be there at the end next year.  The Panthers now have the experience they lacked and hopefully the Patriots will have some healthy players back.

Seahawks will be tough to beat.

The Carolina Panthers are going to be different in 2014 then they were in 2014.

Out:  Jordan Gross (retired), Mike Mitchell (Pittsburgh Steelers), Captain Munnerlyn (Minnesota Vikings), Jordan Senn (Chicago Bears), Steve Smith (Baltimore Ravens)

Senn was always a good special teams LB, but his loss wont be noticed too much.  Mitchell had a few really good plays, hopefully we find a replacement in the draft.  Munnerlyn was a total liability - he gave up more big-yard plays (20+) than any other CB in the league, I read.

Gross' retirement was unexpected to me.  I know he mentioned it as a possibility on his podcast, but I just figured he'd be like most other pro athletes and talk about it for a few years before actually retiring (Ala Tony Gonzalez).  I can't imagine walking away from your life-long quest and profession like that, when you are physically capable of continuing (Barry Sanders anyone?).  Plus, the Panthers are finally a successful team again, with a bright future.  Quitting now seems like jumping ship destined for glorious shores.  I hate to lose such a great lineman.  I hope for Newton's sake that we find a good replacement via free-agency.  I don't think you can draft someone to fill Gross' shoes.

Smith being released was a total slap in the face to the Panther nation... and STEVE SMITH.  I can't believe Gettleman just did this.  It's quite topical with the Caniac Nation, actually... as we are about to see the same thing happen to Cam Ward.  A veteran who's commitment and work-ethic was always forefront, who's rare-talent won many victories for their respective organizations, who's 'off-the-field/ice' charity work is legendary... etc.  It's hard to imagine the Panthers without Smith on the roster... It's hard to imagine the Hurricanes without Ward.  I suppose both are victim of the financial earnings that they worked hard to receive, considering both are in a small market organization that perhaps cannot afford their talent.

Thought I'd bump this thread given what looks like to be quite a battle between the Panthers and Falcons for the NFC South.

The Canes lost, the Dawgs lost, but my Falcons kept it from being a loser weekend. 

Go Falcons!

Although the Panthers are 4-0, I haven't been real impressed with the play so far.  Cam Newton has been good, but he doesn't have any receivers that can catch the ball.

Although the Panthers are 4-0, I haven't been real impressed with the play so far.  Cam Newton has been good, but he doesn't have any receivers that can catch the ball.

That was really funny to read today.  :)  Then I went back and looked at some of my old optimistic Hurricanes posts .. and laughed as hard.  :)

So the Panthers are apparently playing in some kind of game tomorrow. I think the winner gets some kind of trophy. 

Also I liked the One Carolina story on the main site.

Edited by captain_jack88

Well, tomorrow will be interesting. To my eye, Gettleman is cut from the same cloth as Francis! Both enigmatic and play their hands close to the vest! Mock drafts seem all over the place for both teams.

Did my sorry Bears just shut down the Panthers? Wow! With that said, I have love for the Charlotte-based teams as well. I figured Ron Rivera’s boys would put a major hurtin’ on us today so I was bracing for the beatdown.

I'm certainly thankful that Charlotte is as far away from Raleigh as it is because the stench of the current Panthers team is overwhelming. Not sure what ails Cam, but he's neither accurate with his passes, nor is he mobile. A long season for them seems to be in store.

8 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Not sure what ails Cam,

Well I cant be his fashion sense right?  View image on Twitter

28 minutes ago, cc said:

Well I cant be his fashion sense right?  View image on Twitter

Yeah, right, stop acting like a town clown and start making throws. Concentrate on football rather than style, which ain't making it.