The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

On 1/15/2020 at 12:42 AM, Canesfanforever said:

Im devastated with Luke retiring right now .  What a legend  the man on the field  he was ! 

Yep Cff, that plus pilfering Joe Brady after only 1 year with my LSU team has certainly sullied them in my eyes!! Now, if Tepper with his billions can somehow pull strings to draft Joe Burrow, I might change my mind, but the way things seem to be crumbling for the Panthers, I might return my allegiance to Green Bay?

46 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yep Cff, that plus pilfering Joe Brady after only 1 year with my LSU team has certainly sullied them in my eyes!! Now, if Tepper with his billions can somehow pull strings to draft Joe Burrow, I might change my mind, but the way things seem to be crumbling for the Panthers, I might return my allegiance to Green Bay?

So i take it you are not a cam guy ,  I get it  .     The dude was never a pocket passer  or cerebral  qb  ,   but Cam  is still the best Duo  Threat the panthers ever had at qb .   Granted  if he cant run  then  he becomes  one dimensional . 

Cam Newton was and is the Best Dressed Joke of a QB there ever was. Yes, his size and ability to run made him fearsome to scheme against, but his passing ability sucks. As you say, take away the run and all you've got is a 3rd rate quarterback. 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:32 PM, KJUNKANE said:

Cam Newton was and is the Best Dressed Joke of a QB there ever was. Yes, his size and ability to run made him fearsome to scheme against, but his passing ability sucks. As you say, take away the run and all you've got is a 3rd rate quarterback. 

By the way , Trying to move up to get Burrows is really dumb when  the panthers o-line needs desperate help and  at the position where the panthers are at  they can  start doing that  right  away .    Im not about to right off Kyle  Allen  yet .  I think with the right Structure and better protection he could be really good for the panthers  with Brady  calling the shots . 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, Canesfanforever said:

By the way , Trying to move up to get Burrows is really dumb when  the panthers o-line needs desperate help and  at the position where the panthers are at  they can  start doing that  right  away .    Im not about to right off Kyle  Allen  yet .  I think with the right Structure and better protection he could be really good for the panthers  with Brady  calling the shots . 

Cff, you're absolutely correct in pointing to the O-line and the futility of bringing ANY decent quarterback to sit behind it only to be destroyed? Make no mistake, I fiercely pull for them, even ignoring the team I grew up around, the Saints, for years now. Saying that, I rarely go to NFL games, but ventured forth with friends to the last fiasco vs New Orleans. Now granted, it was the end of the season and several undoubtedly were banged up, AND NO was trying to secure better playoff positioning, but what a joke? A total waste of money(not mine as we were given the tickets) AND over 6 hours on driving time. The best part was that it started to rain in the 2nd half, which really was merciful as we  didn't feel bad for leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Now, back to your discussion, truly before this last season, I had great hopes for a tremendous year? I'm not sure where it imploded, but for sure "putting all ones eggs in 1 basket" so to speak, and counting on the Best Dressed QB in the league, when he's gimpy at best before the season so cannot practice to get his timing down(how little there is about it), was/is a recipe for disaster. Seeing all the holes there is in this team, and recognizing that even a billionaire like Tepper cannot possibly shore them up in short order, I can't blame Luke for not wanting to risk another concussion in undoubtedly a losing season for years. I'd also wager that even Olsen is considering "hanging them up"?

Oh well, more time for hockey.