The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

I just got back home from the game. Man you talk about sorry!! It was pretty bad. When Carr threw that interception is the 4th with about 10 mins left at least half the people in the stadium got up and left. I looked up at the stats and it said Carr 6 for 22 and 1 int. :angry: I was upset but I did stay for the whole game. At least I got to see us score 1 time. The Panthers play of the game was the ten yard run by Carr where he jumped the last 10 yards. When the play of the game is a 10 yard run that is pretty pathetic. Well that's all I can say I guess, except PLEASE JAKE GET WELL FOR NEXT WEEK!!!! We need you!!!!

Tricia

GO PANTHERS!

Just got home from the gameas well, and yep it was indeed brutal. The home field disadvantage continues. By the end most of the people left were Bucs fans. Tampa owned both sides of the line and it seemed every throw Carr made was either a dumpoff to one of the backs or a throw away.

At least next week is a road game so we should have a chance.

If we keep playing like this, I just don't see much for this team this season. We can beat up on the little teams all we want, but if we can't handle the big guys, it means nothing. It's going to be brutal when we face teams like the Colts and Packers.

Tricia and warbird, are you two season ticket holders for the Panthers? I think you both are true fans staying until the end. It bugs me when the "fans" leave the game; like thats going to make the players play better for you, know what I mean?

Tricia and warbird, are you two season ticket holders for the Panthers? I think you both are true fans staying until the end. It bugs me when the "fans" leave the game; like thats going to make the players play better for you, know what I mean?

No, unfortunately I am not a season ticket holder. Though I usually go to a couple games a year. I just can't afford the 5,000 psl price plus the season tickets. Maybe one of these days.

Warbird, where were you sitting? I was in 201 last row right under the play clock.

My son started booing the players at the end of the game and I told him that as long as he was sitting with me there would be no booing. I hate it when people boo even when they deserve it.

No, I make the trip to 1 game a year (though I missed last year), so I'm stayin for the 60 minutes of football I paid for, no matter how putrid it may be.

Warbird, where were you sitting? I was in 201 last row right under the play clock.

503. Though I was up in the stratoshere, the good thing is the scoreboard up there blocked out the sun so I was in the shade from about halfway through the 1st quarter on.

I hope last weekends game silenced all you Delhomme haters

Delhomme is the man, over and out...

I agree! John Fox said yesterday that Delhomme might have to have surgery. :( Man I hope not!

yeah we were at the bar, and everyone was so pissed with our play, and all of a sudden after our interception at the end, i was surrounded by people just cheering. i kinda was pissed that pretty much all of them didnt care until the end of the game, but then i realized i kinda do the same thing with the panthers, they can be so difficult to watch at times. i guess thats why i like the canes more.

I'm really glad we won, don't get me wrong, but this game doesn't comfort me in the least regarding the future of our season.

We finally played with some attitude and heart, but that's all we had today. Horrific play-calling, horrid execution (particularly on offense), and the perpetuation of our knack for playing down to opponents just continue to mar every game. The fact that we BARELY beat this 0-3 (now 0-4, thank goodness) 'Aints team should tell you something. All the average/decent teams we've played (Tampa, Houston) thusfar have forcefully proved that we're a LONG way from their level - that is, decent.

Here's hoping for the best against Arizona next week...another "decent" team. :mellow:

I also meant to add this: if Jon Beason continues to improve and make himself known at the rate he currently is, he'll be one of the few first-rounders we have who actually PLAY like one. Nice draft pick thusfar - though Keary Colbert had that said about him HIS rookie year too.

Speaking of Colbert - it's about time he had a NON-horrible game. Some nice catches today, for sure. Keep it up man! Not many people get this 2nd-receiver position handed to them for no reason like you have, so you better keep taking advantage of it!

Carr has got to get the ball to smith, and if he can manage to do that consistantly, then we are good to compete with tampa. IF we happen to do good enough to take the division or wild card spot though we will be hard pressed to make it anywhere. But I think last week was an improvement in all areas. You couldn't get much worse then the tampa game. Carr got rocked in the saints game, but his back up did pretty decent on that one drive, including that 20 yard completion to colbert, so I think we might be able to manage the season.

Heres to two in a row...

Although we won, I'm still not happy at all with the state of this team. If Devery Henderson could actually catch a pass, we probably would have lost that game. We're still having serious problems stopping the pass.

I think Carr has shown he's a competent QB...he's not Delhomme, but he's certainly an upgrade over Weinke. Of course, if he starts struggling, I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched in favor of Matt Moore...they say that the Dallas fans really wanted to keep him after he lost the starter's battle to Romo...apparently he's really good.

Since I haven't been able to get on here, let me mention last Sunday's game first. That comeback was totally awesome... it truly felt like the 2003 season all over again. For the first time in a long while, the Panthers actually showed heart and determination. The win was even better because sitting next to me at Buffalo Wild Wings was a group of Saints fans. While I was going around high-fiving other Panthers fans, they quietly exited the building with their team still looking for a win. B)

Now, about the QB situation. Besides the fact that it kills our team, I feel bad for Jake personally. He appeared headed for his best season ever and was just about to totally silence everyone who still had doubts about him after last season. And then, bam... out for the season. I just hope Carr's good to go, because if we have to go to our third-string QB... wow. After our inspiring comeback win, I had hopes that we could make something out of this season. Now, that might not get the chance to happen.