The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

thats a damn good signing......

he is well known, and played well against us in preseason.

looking forward to seeing him out there at some point. if you can have a veteran who ranks sixth in NFL history in 3 categories as your backup, you got a good deal.

also saw that this is the first time in NFL history that 2 #1 draft picks that are quarterbacks will be on the same team

i wouldnt call him our 3rd QB as of right now jake is out for the year which makes carr the #1 QB and from what i am hearing carr still isnt feeling so great so testeverde might even be playing on sunday

I actually feel very bad for Panther fans. you might have a 44 year old Testaverde starting with only 2 practices.

ouch.

Good luck though as I like the Panther fans as they are mostly the same as Canes fans B)

Does anyone know if Carr is good for tomorrow's game? When he was hurt in the game Sunday it looked like a kidney hit. Those can be painful for a while. I hope he is OK. Vinny dosen't know our system yet and even though Moore did good in the one series he was in he is still a rookie.

Carr IMHO can be a good QB but I think that his confidence was killed in Texas. It may take him awhile to get it back. I was hoping that he would have a year or possibly two behind Jake to get it back and get comfortable in a good system. Well, that's not going to happen now. I hope that he can step it up and pull out a good performance for us tomorrow.

GO PANTHERS!!!

Carr is probable, but the starter will be a game-time decision. Would you expect anything else from Coach Fox?

it'd be nice to see how carr will develop as a starting qb for the panthers. however, it's comforting to know that they have vinny waiting in the wings should there be any problems. i want to see carr do well because i have never been sold on jake delhomme. i think that he is over-hyped and inconsistent. although there have been instances in which he has led late drives, there seems to be more instances in which he has choked and thrown a late interception that put the game out of reach.

Another grind it out win on the road. Bye next week, then Indy. So who will it be Vinny or Carr?

I think that it will probably be Carr. But I think that there may be a QB controversy soon. LOL

I think that it will probably be Carr. But I think that there may be a QB controversy soon. LOL

Stick with Vinny he is better at 43 than Carr will ever be.

At least he is not afraid to throw the ball, like Carr who is still

shellshocked from all the sacks taken in Houston

great win for you guys yesterday i never expected it B)

Surprising win by carolina, vinny held up pretty good, and he got the ball to smith for a huge td. Our defense stepped up big time as well. But then again, it was the cardinals...

hope we can keep it up. Start vinny against indy... indy will kill carr. Now if we can get the bucs to lose a few more games ...

For now... the heart we showed in 2003 is back. It doesn't matter how we start as long as we finish the way we've been finishing. Outscoring our opponents 56-9 in the fourth quarter this season is pretty incredible.

By the way, I don't know if anybody noticed, but the Panthers now have 100 wins as a franchise. B)

Yep. I saw that after the game was over... nice milestone to reach.

I live in Ohio, and they actually broadcasting the game here!! I was totally shocked, but really enjoyed watching them. I get tired of watching the Bengals.. (ick) and the Steelers ALLLL the time. BUT anyways. I was really impressed with the nice play of Testeverde, ill admint i wrote him off as a scrub for that game. The Panthers defense was lights out in my opinion, big play after big play when we needed it. Hats off to great coaching once again by John Fox, great plays in fiding the defenses holes by Smith and Vinny.. good job and a well deserved work effort for Deangelo Williams (the panthers future in RB)

News on the Indy game tomorrow:

Vinny is starting, and Marvin Harrison is out.

Hopefully we can pull off the upset.

There certainly are some ingredients there for an upset.

Harrison out

Indy's coming off a short week after playing Monday

Panthers coming off the bye

Indy has their big showdown with the Pats next week

All the makings of a trap game for the Colts. BUT, its at home which is a guaranteed L these days.

Another QB injury!!! :blink: :angry: Our own player (not sure who) steps on Vinny's foot, and his ankle is twisted around. I hope that he is not hurt bad and can come back next week.

watching paint dry would've been more fun than that waste of a game was today

Amen. Heck, I don't even bother watching the games anymore, I already know what the outcome is going to be. The Panthers lose yet another football game.

watching paint dry would've been more fun than that waste of a game was today

agreed, they should have started matt moore at the beginning of the second half, he at least could throw the ball, carr was eating dirt all day.