The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

agreed, they should have started matt moore at the beginning of the second half, he at least could throw the ball, carr was eating dirt all day.

agreed also. Every time Carr threw the ball long I would close my eyes. And seeing him get hit so often I know that his back had to be hurting horribly! I don't think Moore would have done any worse and may have been able to throw a little more accurately. Anyway it was just a sad sad game all around.

what is our deal with QBs guys? at least that 4th guy, whatever his name was, threw a good long one (although i think 20 yards IS long for him). al for naught, but still. a little promising. sort of. in a way. we just need Testaverde back and I htink we are good. we just need to be able to get a dang QB through a game. that would lie on the backs of the O-Line. they need to step up and PROTECT the pocket....sheesh

what is our deal with QBs guys? at least that 4th guy, whatever his name was, threw a good long one (although i think 20 yards IS long for him). al for naught, but still. a little promising. sort of. in a way. we just need Testaverde back and I htink we are good. we just need to be able to get a dang QB through a game. that would lie on the backs of the O-Line. they need to step up and PROTECT the pocket....sheesh

Matt moore from Oregon is the 4th QB, well, second string now, maybe first now. He took over for carr when he had his initial back injury vs. NO and and some very nice completions, including a 40 yard pass. IMO he should start next game, he can't do any worse then Carr.

I can't believe how much bad luck the Panthers have had. This whole QB thing has to be unprecedented. No team goes through 4 QB's in one season... I don't think

I can't believe how much bad luck the Panthers have had. This whole QB thing has to be unprecedented. No team goes through 4 QB's in one season... I don't think

To be honest, as a panthers fan, its almost too funny, because the only consistent thing that has been apart of this organization is injuries. One year its our RB/WRs one year its all of our D now our QBs...

Jake was off to a career year IMO but oh well, nothing new as a panthers fan.

The play calling is starting to become suspect again as well. Down 30+ pts in the 4th and calling for field goals and punts on 4-short... weak... weak... weak... will never win with those calls. Still better then last year though as far as that goes.

So, does anyone know if Vinny will start tomorrow? I heard that he practiced this weak and he said that his ankle felt OK. I just hope that we atleast show up against Atl. I hate that team more than any and it would be awful to get stomped by them.

Oh, and to whoever is QB this game, FIND SMITH!!!!!!!

I sure hope Vinny starts. i dont like carr. moore isn't reliable enough yet. we need testaverde to start. PLEASE PLEASE start and yes, FIND SMITH! man before that they need to put smith out there more! he hasnt been on the field the lat few games near as much as usual

Looks like a trademark gametime decision by Coach Fox on whether Vinny will start. I like his chances to, and if he does, I obviously feel better about our chances of winning. We've got to beat the Falcons, right? Maybe this will be the start of a turnaround. I doubt it, but who knows.

we are saved!!! testaverde is starting!! now lets just hope he can finish the game! lets hope carolina can get their first home win also. and deangelo hall, well.....loved last time we played the falcons and he took i think 3 or 4 major penalties. helped us out alot.

We beat the Falcons earlier this season. I believe we will beat them again this time. Can't believe we haven't won at home yet this season. Does anyone know when Jake will be back if at all this season?

he is out for the season. this game isn't going too well. at least we have held em to only 1 TD. D is stepping up, albeit not really Peppers much, but we are getting it done on that side of the field. but thats about it.

I am so glad I didn't waste my Sunday watching the panthers lose to the falcons. Fortunately the saints lost as well so that still keeps us in the hapless race for the laughable nfc south division title.

It's not a waste... no matter how bad my team is, I'm still going to watch them.

I must agree with you on this one. You never know what will happen, what tides may turn, who may show up big, and who may get shut down on the other team (Adrian Peterson for example, on both accounts). We have lots of good players who can do lots of good things. For some reason the team as a whole just isnt doing much. May have alot to do with the fact that Delhome isn't in there. I'm sure he alone carries alot of weight with those guys, and him being on the sidelines kinda gets in their heads. Esp when he is the 1st of 4 different quarterbacks they have had to get used to this season. And that is just the O-Line. Things may change, but unless Fox has some tricks up his sleeves, I don't see him around much longer than maybe next season.

GO PANTHERS!!!

We lost by less than 20 points... really, that was all I was hoping for. I guess that's a moral victory right there.

I almost didn't watch the game today. :huh: But in the end I did. First throw of the game and Vinny throws an INT. :blink: But I stuck with it. It was painful except for the forth when they finally showed up. OH well. I'll keep watching my team each week, I love my panthers win or loose. :rolleyes:

GO PANTHERS!!!!!