The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Guest Kickapps Team

Carolina Panthers Football thread

Will the Panthers not sell out by Thursday so we will not be subject to seeing them lose at home to New Orleans?

Whats worse is they still expect people to pay full price for a team that hasn't been playing full heart all season. And a coaching staff that makes calls like its a middle school football team.

QUOTE(gocanes88 @ Nov 12 2007, 11:51 AM) *

It's not a waste... no matter how bad my team is, I'm still going to watch them.

It is when I got other things I can be doing especially since the weekend is the only time I really get to spend w/ my wife and friends due to my work schedule. Priorities... Thats a good 3 hours of subpar football and horrifically played/called football. But hey at least its not 1-15 season right :) Don't confuse my passion for the panthers, I do have priorities however :D

Maybe they are playing for draft pick... they need to put some rookies in and play Moore and get him some more experience IMO.

WHO KNOWS HOW STEVE SMITH IS DOING? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT EXACTLY IS WRONG AND WHEN HE IS EXPECTED TO PLAY NEXT.....................I NEED TO KNOW!

Easy on the caps my ears are bleeding :lol:

Smith likely to return Sunday

STAN OLSON

solson@charlotteobserver.com

"Carolina receiver Steve Smith missed the Green Bay game because of a bruised left shin, but is likely to play against New Orleans on Sunday.

"I think there's a much better chance (of his playing) this week than say, later in the week last week," Panthers coach John Fox said.

Of the hip problem Smith was listed with early last week, Fox said, "He did have a hurt hip at one point, yes," without elaborating.

When Smith was asked if he would be able to play, he said, "Today's Monday, so I don't know. I feel better this Monday than I did last Monday."

Fox had no further information on cornerback Chris Gamble, who dislocated a thumb against Green Bay."

Fox is very shaddy on releasing accurate info on injuries.

Richard Marshall was very impressive, he and Beason could be a very bright spot for our defense in future years, because this one is gone. David Carr has been very disappointing to me this season.

David Carr is a joke, I just hope this season will hush all of the Delhomme haters. I think it looks like Jake Delhomme's job in Carolina is safe, and he is the true leader/heart and soul of that team no doubt about it.

Delhome + Smith = Carolina Panthers.....ok ok...throw in some guys like Marshall, Beason...oh yeah, and that guy Peppers (who, really, has been pretty silent all season) and yeah...this team is deep....and good....but man....without Delhome...they really cant seem to do very well. He is the glue that holds the team together. Can't wait for next season so he can bring us back from the depths of this crap season we are in now.

Delhome + Smith = Carolina Panthers.....ok ok...throw in some guys like Marshall, Beason...oh yeah, and that guy Peppers (who, really, has been pretty silent all season) and yeah...this team is deep....and good....but man....without Delhome...they really cant seem to do very well. He is the glue that holds the team together. Can't wait for next season so he can bring us back from the depths of this crap season we are in now.

Yeah, this season is definately over for us. :(

Good to see us take advantage of what is likely our last chance to win this season. It's a shame we can only play this well against totally garbage teams, but it was still a fun three hours to watch. Next week, it's back to reality, as we face an angry Jacksonville team that wants to stay in the AFC South title race. Uh oh.

Great win yesterday, but I don't know if we can keep it up against a competent team like Jacksonville. We still played a little sloppy in the win...hate to say it, but I still don't see this team winning another game this season. We're only one game out of a playoff spot, though, and anything can happen.

We will probably do just good enough to miss the playoffs due to our own losses, and teams that need to win to get in, will do so. 7/8 wins would be best case scenario imo. Nothing really new as a panthers fan really. Difference this time around, we don't buy the last effort playoff wildcard push will happen, been burned too many times before.

Carr I think would be ok if he didn't get thrown into the starting gig, hes good to replace a few downs here and there, but not season long. A dud if I ever seen one, still slightly better then winkie, barely.

Always next season...

We're only one game out of a playoff spot, though, and anything can happen.

That's the hilarious part. Man, the NFC is terrible.

I missed the game Sunday. <_< I was in Las Vegas and thought about finding a bar to watch the game in and decided that I didn't want to sit through another loss for three hours. So I went out sightseeing. When I got back to the hotel and went to the Sport betting area to check out the score I could have kicked myself. :angry: What a game to miss! A WIN!!!! Oh well, Way to go Panthers!!!

:blink: You really think your team has a bandwagon right now? :rolleyes:

Come on now....If the Panthers still have a bandwagon, then the Patriots have the Hindenburg...

You thought we'd lose to the 49ers? Wow... please jump off the bandwagon. Thank you.

Bandwagon? :blink: Please, with the way this team is playing would you have done differently? I mean I was in Las Vegas, and I have never been. Even if we had been playing Miami I would have not watched the game. And they really stink this year. And anyway the Bandwagon has long ago left BOA.