The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
captain_jack88

Can you name all 30 NHL teams in 5 minutes?

I named 29 in under two minutes, but went down to the wire trying to remember the last team: the Coyotes. After just typing everything that came to my head immediately, I just broke it into groups: six Canadian teams, three California teams, four New York area teams (NYR, NYI, Devils, Sabres), etc. Then I went by division: who are the five teams in the NE? Atlantic? SE? Central? Then it got tricky because I don't know the NW and Pacific all that well. I guess that's why it took me so long to remember the Coyotes.

This reminds me of am old bar bet that will get you a free beer more times than not. Name 5 Pro team nicknames in the 4 major sports (baseball, football, hockey, basketball) that don't end with the letter "s". (there are more than 5).

First time I played I got them all in 3 minutes... However, I always seem to be forgetting either the Avalanche or the Wild.

How well can you do? http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=455''>http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=455' target="_blank">http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=455[/post]

Yes I can, and I don't need a computer quiz to confirm my superiority.

Went by division (roughly) and finished with 1:18 to spare. Had 29 in about 2:30, but I also forgot the Sabres. Knew it was one of those northeastern teams and it took me a while because I could never remember who all is in the Northeast and who is in the Atlantic (Boston is not in the Atlantic, for example, while Pittsburgh is). Actually, this quiz made me go and learn the two divisions once and for all, and it actually makes sense once you think about it. Anyway, I ended up going state-by-state until I figured it out.

Did it at 3:30 AM, to boot!

Well it'd be nice if it accepted the team name quickly...I had to enter "panthers" 7 times for it to recognize them. And then it wouldn't accept "thrashers" lol. Pffft to this quiz.

hey at least it knows the right teams to not recognize

Wow.. figured I could do that pretty easy... got 20 in 2 minutes and then started blanking out... tried to go by areas of the country.. all the NY teams, the Cali teams, the two PA teams etc... got all but 6..

Missed the Flames, Kings, Bruins, Senators, Coyotes and Panthers. Struggled with the west coast and canadian teams. Don't know how I forgot the Bruins and Panthers.. our division and playoff rivals.

Not as easy as it seems.. LOL

woohoo! i feel smart. i did it with like a minute remaining. (so i'm a bit late)

my hockey buddy and i made up a game with this. we go back and forth naming teams and if you can't name one in 5 seconds you have to take a sip of whatever you happen to be drinking. that's fun too.