The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Go Boys! **Stands tall **

:P

Go Pats! *hides*

Post comments or anything about football and predections about the regular season or preseason!

I really dont know how Brett Favre is going to do with the Jets because he was with the Packs. for such a long time and he now needs to learn all about a new franchise and all the plays and their way of playing!

It will be intersting to see :huh:

Redskins = Superbowl Champs!! (well..i can hope...cant I?) ;)

Are you seriously thinking that they will take the title?

really i dont know how much talent the team has who good is on the team?

Brett Favre cries after the last game of the year for the Jets, pondering retirement...just going out on a limb ^_^

I think the Pats once again finish tops in the NFL. I think arizona finally breaks out and win their division.

Brett Favre cries after the last game of the year for the Jets, pondering retirement...just going out on a limb ^_^

I think the Pats once again finish tops in the NFL. I think arizona finally breaks out and win their division.

Pats coming out on top is 50/50 chance i havent gotten a chance to watch one of their games yet but i think they will do pretty good this season

Are you seriously thinking that they will take the title?

really i dont know how much talent the team has who good is on the team?

Well, i havent started planning a SB party, but stranger things have happened. :o

GO DOLPHINS!

Please win more than one game.

You signed the best QB the Fins have had since Dan Marino retired

in Chad Pennington, so you win at least 5 this year my humble pick is.

Now I predict the final 4 teams in the NFL to be

Gods team (LOL jk the Pats) vs the Jaguars

and in the NFC the Cowboys vs the Seahawks

and in the Super Bowl the Jags vs the Cowboys

and my my mediocre Broncos I am picking 9-7 as there

is a lot of turnover on that team, I hope for better but who knows.

I do know one thing is that seeing Favre in a Jets jersey will not

seem right :unsure:

in Chad Pennington, so you win at least 5 this year my humble pick is.

Now I predict the final 4 teams in the NFL to be

Gods team (LOL jk the Pats) vs the Jaguars

and in the NFC the Cowboys vs the Seahawks

and in the Super Bowl the Jags vs the Cowboys

and my my mediocre Broncos I am picking 9-7 as there

is a lot of turnover on that team, I hope for better but who knows.

I do know one thing is that seeing Favre in a Jets jersey will not

seem right :unsure:

its pretty early to predict the superbowl but i say that a very good predection! kudos

in Chad Pennington, so you win at least 5 this year my humble pick is...

While true, the fact that Pennington is the best QB the Dolphins have had since Marino says so much as to why they haven't been real contenders for so long.

As for my team I just hope they don't have anymore dog fighting scandals.

While true, the fact that Pennington is the best QB the Dolphins have had since Marino says so much as to why they haven't been real contenders for so long.

As for my team I just hope they don't have anymore dog fighting scandals.

I havent herd much about the Falcons but they were pretty good even without vick

I havent herd much about the Falcons but they were pretty good even without vick

They had their quarterback go to jail, their coach quit halfway through the season like a weasel, went 4-12 and were lucky to win 4. It really can't get any worse than what happened. Personally, I'd trade last years Falcons for the Dolphins season because at least they weren't a 3 ring circus off the field.

My guess is 4-6 wins again, unless they unwisely throw Matt Ryan to the wolves. Then they'll win even fewer.

I don't follow the other teams enough to make predictions, but I look forward to watching Rivers play at San Deigo, the Colts have looked terrible in their first two preseason games, and I dont think the Pats are as good as they were a few years ago, even with going 16-0 last year. They may make the SB, but they will take some thumps along the way. I think Carolina should do fairly well this year and make the playoffs. I dont see Atlanta being a threat and Tampa Bay is not as good as they used to be.

I would predict Carolina to make it to the Conference Championship, losing to one of the NFC powers like Dallas or Seattle. After last years fiasco, losing half the team to injuries and then still finishing 7-9 nearly making the playoffs, a first round playoff win would make me happy regardless of what happened after that. Win the divison, the rest is icing on the cake.

Prediction #1: BRETT FAVRE will make at least 35 plays that "no other quarterback could've made" and lead the Jets to a 5-11 season that "wasn't his fault." The four INT game against New England, game-deciding pick against Buffalo, and 25 total interceptions thrown will be curiously swept under the rug. Also, he will have "so much fun out there."

Predicition #2: The Packers will win more games than the Jets, but will NOT make the playoffs.

Prediction #3: Neither will the Panthers. It's time to rebuild - Delhomme isn't the guy anymore and the defense is getting old. Hopefully Stewart and Williams will push each other and become a strong backfield 1-2 punch.

Prediction #4: Your NFC playoff teams will be in order... Dallas, New Orleans, Seattle, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Arizona.

Prediction #5: The Pats will NOT be the last undefeated team in the league and will get upset sometime in the first five weeks of the season.

Prediction #6: Miami will NOT be the last winless team in the league this season. They can't get worse than last year, and while not good, the 6-10 they'll end up with will be acceptable after last season's debacle. Oh, and for all the Pennington love here... I'm a Dolphins fan with a vested interest. 2002 Jay Fiedler > 2008 Chad Pennington, so I don't know where the "best QB since Marino" stuff is coming from. Pennington has less range than a broken cell phone.

Prediction #7: Jacksonville will dethrone the Colts from the AFC South mountaintop. Oh, that division is STACKED, too.

Prediction #8: The AFC playoff teams in order... New England, San Diego, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Houston.

Prediction #9: Dallas will defeat the Saints 27-19 in the NFC Title game. The Chargers will upset the Pats 20-17 in the AFC Final. Patriots will NOT hang an AFC Finalist banner.

Prediction #10: NBC's Super Bowl coverage will be excellent if overblown, The Boss will rock the halftime show, and the Chargers will take out the Cowboys 31-20 to win the Super Bowl. LaDainian Tomlinson will be named MVP after a 145 yard, 2 TD day.

I followed Matt Ryans career in college and he reminds me

of a young version of Jim Kelley. So in the long run I think that

bodes well for the Falcons. Good luck to them B)

Prediction #1: BRETT FAVRE will make at least 35 plays that "no other quarterback could've made" and lead the Jets to a 5-11 season that "wasn't his fault." The four INT game against New England, game-deciding pick against Buffalo, and 25 total interceptions thrown will be curiously swept under the rug. Also, he will have "so much fun out there."

Predicition #2: The Packers will win more games than the Jets, but will NOT make the playoffs.

Prediction #3: Neither will the Panthers. It's time to rebuild - Delhomme isn't the guy anymore and the defense is getting old. Hopefully Stewart and Williams will push each other and become a strong backfield 1-2 punch.

Prediction #4: Your NFC playoff teams will be in order... Dallas, New Orleans, Seattle, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Arizona.

Prediction #5: The Pats will NOT be the last undefeated team in the league and will get upset sometime in the first five weeks of the season.

Prediction #6: Miami will NOT be the last winless team in the league this season. They can't get worse than last year, and while not good, the 6-10 they'll end up with will be acceptable after last season's debacle. Oh, and for all the Pennington love here... I'm a Dolphins fan with a vested interest. 2002 Jay Fiedler > 2008 Chad Pennington, so I don't know where the "best QB since Marino" stuff is coming from. Pennington has less range than a broken cell phone.

Prediction #7: Jacksonville will dethrone the Colts from the AFC South mountaintop. Oh, that division is STACKED, too.

Prediction #8: The AFC playoff teams in order... New England, San Diego, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Houston.

Prediction #9: Dallas will defeat the Saints 27-19 in the NFC Title game. The Chargers will upset the Pats 20-17 in the AFC Final. Patriots will NOT hang an AFC Finalist banner.

Prediction #10: NBC's Super Bowl coverage will be excellent if overblown, The Boss will rock the halftime show, and the Chargers will take out the Cowboys 31-20 to win the Super Bowl. LaDainian Tomlinson will be named MVP after a 145 yard, 2 TD day.

I like your thoughts a lot., The only one I have a bit of a difference is Pennington not being as good as Fiedler in 02

I think the Fins in 02 had better talent than the 08 team will have, but I think Pennington is better with his decision making.

Semantics really. Good luck this year to the Fins :D

1.)Bills

Bills

Bills

Number 31-Dolphins

Number 32-Patriots

No bias or homerism B)

You mean the Toronto Bills? Hehehe :P