The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Embarassing I say the Broncos were pathetic

nice win TSA the pats showed heart.

A little heart was all I was asking for from the Pats and finally, they showed it. They have way too much talent to be sitting around watching teams walk all over them and hopefully this game was a reminder that they actually can play without Brady. If they can just give Matt Cassell a little help and protection, the team should still make the playoffs with an average QB.

Speaking of Cassell, with his lesser skill set, he took a page out of Tom Brady's play book and found a way to use all his weapons. Although he did get sacked often, he still managed to make the plays when it counted most. Hopefully his confidence is growing and that the rest of team believes in him too.

Sorry Medford, I know that was a tough one for you but the Pats really needed this one as a wake up call.

FallenApostle, you nailed it about Moss. If he's not catching the ball, he's of no use to the team...except for last night. I havent seen the guy so happy in a long time and it was great to see him run the ball. With his speed and athletic ability, he should be able to run around even the tightest defenses. And as long as his ego is ok with not going for that perfect hail mary pass every time, he's going to still get a lot of yards this season.

Not that anyone cares but the reason that Jay Cutler played the 2nd half

was because Patrick Ramsey their backup hurt his arm and is out for the year

along with Boss Bailey who is out for the year and Champ is out for 4 to 6 weeks.

What a horrid Monday Night game. I can live with the losses but the injuries

to an already banged up team just stinks.

I also feel bad for Rodney Harrison (yes I hate injuries that much even to my least fav player)

I dont want his career to end like this, just crappy.

Not that anyone cares but the reason that Jay Cutler played the 2nd half

was because Patrick Ramsey their backup hurt his arm and is out for the year

along with Boss Bailey who is out for the year and Champ is out for 4 to 6 weeks.

What a horrid Monday Night game. I can live with the losses but the injuries

to an already banged up team just stinks.

I also feel bad for Rodney Harrison (yes I hate injuries that much even to my least fav player)

I dont want his career to end like this, just crappy.

Yeah, the injuries were really piling up in that game and when they carted Rodney Harrison off the field, it felt like it could the last time and his face showed the same. Jay Cutler must have felt like Matt Cassel did last week.

Im still waiting for news about Sammy Morris. If he's out, our chances go way down this week against the Rams.

Yeah, the injuries were really piling up in that game and when they carted Rodney Harrison off the field, it felt like it could the last time and his face showed the same. Jay Cutler must have felt like Matt Cassel did last week.

Im still waiting for news about Sammy Morris. If he's out, our chances go way down this week against the Rams.

Even without Morris you beat the Rams, if you play with the inspired effort like against my pathetic Broncos.

The Rams are very beatable. That Ellis-whatever his name is ran well and would do okay if called upon. Lastly they should continue to throw Moss short passes as he is deadly with the ball and Welker is always a good player. Cassel just needs to get rid of the ball quicker and not get sacked so much and NE will be fine.

Giants have solidified themselves as the best tema in the NFL.

my titans can make a good case if they beat the Colts, but still, they gotta be number 2 cause of strength of schedule so far.

Giants have solidified themselves as the best tema in the NFL.

my titans can make a good case if they beat the Colts, but still, they gotta be number 2 cause of strength of schedule so far.

In what way have the Giants done that?

Please explain :)

In what way have the Giants done that?

Please explain :)

By being the best team in the NFLs toughest division. They beat the Redskins, destroyed the cowboys (granted Romo was out though), and beat the steelers on the road. Of course the loss to cleveland was bad, but they were against a desperate team with good offensive talent on monday night.

But since I left that comment Titans have beaten the Packers, and beat the Colts soundly. Their schedule hasn't been as tough as the Giants, but their division is no cakewalk either. I just wnat to see how Titans do on the road against a division leader, and they'll get that when they face the bears, which should be their toughest test cause its against a tough team on the road. Also tought test for the giants, they have to face a healthy eagles team, so I think one of the two will lose this week (most likely Giants cause titans rule ;) ) . So we should have a standout number 1 team by the end of week 10 hopefully.

Pats/Bills.....big game.

Not sure what I think about this one but if the Pats want to have any chance of making the playoffs, they better win this one. <_<

How did the Jags get so bad, I don't even know if i'd pick them to beat the Lions.

I feel much more confident in the Titans going 9-0 with Rex Grossman at QB, turnovers galore/ many sacks.

Oh man... woe is the St Louis Rams.... 40-0 at half time losing to the Jets. 2 rushing TDs, 1 passing TD, 1 defensive TD.. Jets are all over this game...

Surprisingly no one in my fantasy league has Maurice Jones Drew on thier team... only 46 yards, but 3 TDs in the first half.. hope no one had him on the bench LOL.. wow.. what a short game domination. Now JAX has the ball on the 4 yrd line.. give it to Drew again....

Oh man... woe is the St Louis Rams.... 40-0 at half time losing to the Jets. 2 rushing TDs, 1 passing TD, 1 defensive TD.. Jets are all over this game...

Surprisingly no one in my fantasy league has Maurice Jones Drew on thier team... only 46 yards, but 3 TDs in the first half.. hope no one had him on the bench LOL.. wow.. what a short game domination. Now JAX has the ball on the 4 yrd line.. give it to Drew again....

They got creamed!

Ya thats happend to me b4 when i have a player that does very good and he is on the my bench.

What a weird set of games today... I was expecting an easy win this week with my fantasy opponent missing a QB and a K and 2 WRs. Now I'm not sure if I'll win or not.. I have an 18 pt lead with him having two guys playing tommorrow night. I'll probably lose...

Chris Johnson 14 carries for 3 yards... i mean seriously?? 0 fantasy pts.

Jerricho Cotchery 1 catch for 18 yards. 1 fantasy point. Didnt need him to win.. TJones 150 yards 3 TDs running.. Hurts me though.

Steve Smith - 1 catch for 9 yards.. 0 fantasy points. <-- Jake missed him twice for what woulda been big gainers, like 30 yards, threw 2 picks.

The only reason i'm even ahead.. Cutler 440+ yards, 3 TDs - 30 fantasy points. De'angelo Williams 140 yards and a TD, 20 fantasy points.

Coulda had another 14 points from Jamal Lewis on the bench.. but I expected Johnson to do better.

Not looking good for me.. could drop me to 5th in my league and next two weeks I gotta play #1 and #2... crud..

Pats/Bills.....big game.

Not sure what I think about this one but if the Pats want to have any chance of making the playoffs, they better win this one. <_<

You know it's a bad game when Matt Cassel looks like Barry Sanders on the field

You know it's a bad game when Matt Cassel looks like Barry Sanders on the field

Im happy to eat a little crow with Cassel. When the Pats have lost, its not been his fault and he certainly giving them every chance to win. Sorry Quince but the Pats really needed that one. ;)

Arghhhhh....dumb NFL overtimes. :mad:

The team that wins the coin toss wins every time. Of course if the Pats won the toss it would be a great rule ;)

Great game and what a gutsy performance for Matt Cassel coming up with that game tying TD to Moss with 1 second left on the clock. He threw 400 yds for 3 td's, not bad for the back up who never played in the NFL.

It would have been nice if the D could have stopped the Jets OT drive....sigh.

The Jets are above the Pats in the division thats a lolciesta

For now <_<

For now <_<

Tough Loss TSA

Cassell played his heart out but the defense could not get it done.

boy they have a lot of injuries (not an excuse just and observation)

kinda of like my broncos on their 6th string RB and out 5 defensive

starters.

still lots of season left. Miami might win the East still as they

are greatly improved.

Tough Loss TSA

Cassell played his heart out but the defense could not get it done.

Its funny how these losses dont feel quite so tough when you have no expectations. They are overachieving to me with all the injuries they've taken. The Pats are as gutsy as the Red Sox with the effort they put in. Its hard to get frustrated when you see that. The Canes could take a lesson here. ;)

Its funny how these losses dont feel quite so tough when you have no expectations. They are overachieving to me with all the injuries they've taken. The Pats are as gutsy as the Red Sox with the effort they put in. Its hard to get frustrated when you see that. The Canes could take a lesson here. ;)

You are very right!

What exactly could the canes get out of this?? Work hard in hard times ???

How about that 13-13 tie today between Philadelphia and Cincinnati? It's the first regular-season tie since a 34-34 draw between Pittsburgh and Atlanta in 2002 (there was a 10-10 tie between Dallas and Minnesota in the 2006 preseason).

Wow.. i dont think I've ever seen that.. its usually win the toss, kick a 65 yard FG, game over. I didnt even know they stopped after one OT... Thats pretty crazy right there...