The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Theres no curse just an idiot coach...

Quince that sucked for you and I did feel bad.

Edwards had a horrid game but got them in postion to win.

btw why play all conservative, there was enought time to get it closer

or even get a TD. NEVER depend on a kicker is my motto

unless you have to.

unless you have to.

Especially when he's kicking into the wind in sub zero temps. Or unless his name is Adam Vinateri :(

unless you have to.

med, you wanna coach the bills?

Anytime you go into shotgun on 3rd and 1 on your own 8 you have to wonder if the coach understands the situation. They did the same thing against the Pats* two weeks ago and ran it 3 straight times when they had a 1st and goal. Remember Coach Juaron is the only coach to ever defer recieving the ball in OT because he thought it was a good idea to take the wind :rolleyes:

Although its a bit late, I was shocked the Bills didn't try and move the ball closer once they got in the kickers range, 47yarder is no easy kick in Buffalo weather at this time. Dawson pulled of an amazing kick before, but I think it was bad play calling to just run Lynch two more times and run down the clock.

Anyways as usual, Bill look good early but start to flounder under pressure. Lee Evans, one of the top 15 wide Receivers in the league I think, didn't even get once catch against the Browns, that is sad.

Anywho, outside of my titans playing, and hoping to destroy Brett favre, I will be clicking around to watch Dolhpins/Pats, and later on those great 4pm EST NFC games.

Detroit is whooping up on Tampa Bay... 17-0 in the first quarter... hate to miss the 0-11 Lions vs 11-0 Titans on thanksgiving, but for the Panthers sake I hope this keeps up! (Plus it doesnt look lik the Titans are gonna beat the Jets right now)

Oh well.. so much for that one... Lions are now losing 21-17 before the half...

Detroit is whooping up on Tampa Bay... 17-0 in the first quarter... hate to miss the 0-11 Lions vs 11-0 Titans on thanksgiving, but for the Panthers sake I hope this keeps up! (Plus it doesnt look lik the Titans are gonna beat the Jets right now)

Oh well.. so much for that one... Lions are now losing 21-17 before the half...

My Broncos are pathetic :(

mcnabb-reid.jpg

McNabb: Cold here on the bench, coach. Can I go back in?

Reid: I don't think the receivers would appreciate catching throws from you considering where your hands are right now, Donovan. Just take the rest of the day off, buddy.

New England Patriots 10-33 loss at home to the Pittsburgh Steelers underscore how average the Brady-less and defensively personnel depleted Patriots are. Had they played a tougher schedule this year they would be lucky to be a .500 team at this point given the circumstances they

New England Patriots 10-33 loss at home to the Pittsburgh Steelers underscore how average the Brady-less and defensively personnel depleted Patriots are. Had they played a tougher schedule this year they would be lucky to be a .500 team at this point given the circumstances they

Not yet because of the stellar play of the Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde Denver Broncos :P

TSA they will win at Sea and at Oak to get to 9-5, then reassess then. No one has won

anything yet except that the Titans will most likely get HF throught

and of course the Giants are the best in football right now bar none.

I haven't given up completely yet but I have to be realistic. Matt Cassell has overachieved at times but even that cant compensate for the depleted defense. I'm pleased with what the Pats have been able accomplish when most thought they would fall off the earth without Brady and said that Belichick was a fraud. I think its been the coaching that's got them this far and figured out how to totally re-work the offense to adapt to Cassell's strengths. No way could Cassell run the offense like Brady so its pretty amazing to see him accomplish what he has.

The defense is a mess though and I'll say it....they are missing Asante Samuel something awful. I think with him, or a player that could have done some of what he did, Cassell and his offense would have been just fine. The most frustrating thing yesterday was to watch the Jets and the Dolphins both lose and create a huge opportunity for the Pats.

We'll see what they come back with next week.

I haven't given up completely yet but I have to be realistic. Matt Cassell has overachieved at times but even that cant compensate for the depleted defense. I'm pleased with what the Pats have been able accomplish when most thought they would fall off the earth without Brady and said that Belichick was a fraud. I think its been the coaching that's got them this far and figured out how to totally re-work the offense to adapt to Cassell's strengths. No way could Cassell run the offense like Brady so its pretty amazing to see him accomplish what he has.

The defense is a mess though and I'll say it....they are missing Asante Samuel something awful. I think with him, or a player that could have done some of what he did, Cassell and his offense would have been just fine. The most frustrating thing yesterday was to watch the Jets and the Dolphins both lose and create a huge opportunity for the Pats.

We'll see what they come back with next week.

I hear you, but the Dolphins did not lose either :P (sorry just being funny)

It was nice for my up and down team to win. I am happy even thought they are inconsistent.

good luck vs Seattle, you wont need it and you will beat Oak as well. I will be shocked if NE is not 9-5 after two more weeks.

I just hope the Blue and orange team is as well. :)

Great win for the Pats TSA very gutsy.

I was also happy my Broncos won as well

Good luck vs Chokeland next week, not that you will need it lol

Good luck to the Panthers tonight for the good Canes/Panther fans

that cross over here.

Tonight's a big one for the Panthers, but the pressure is off a little bit. Atlanta lost last night, as did Dallas, so those creeping up on the wildcard position stay behind Carolina despite tonight's results.

Of course, a win tonight is the desired result. And Carolina's undefeated at home so far this year. Bodes well for us.

Great win for the Pats TSA very gutsy.

I was also happy my Broncos won as well

Good luck vs Chokeland next week, not that you will need it lol

Good luck to the Panthers tonight for the good Canes/Panther fans

that cross over here.

It was a good day all around. :)

Tonight's a big one for the Panthers, but the pressure is off a little bit. Atlanta lost last night, as did Dallas, so those creeping up on the wildcard position stay behind Carolina despite tonight's results.

Of course, a win tonight is the desired result. And Carolina's undefeated at home so far this year. Bodes well for us.

After the decisive win last night, now we get the most exciting thing to happen for us, which is a TB/Atlanta match up next week that Atlanta could very well win, and would put TB and Atlanta both 2 games back of Carolina.

A Panthers win next week and a Giants loss would set up a 11-3 vs 11-3 matchup for the NFC 1 seed. That would be a good game.

I can't believe I'm actually here thinking the dolphins have a chance going to the playoffs. All we have to do is win the rest of our games and WE'RE IN. What a turn around, and think if our defense didn't fail against the texans we'd be first place in the division right now.

we can go 11-5. Who knew who that all we needed to do is move the dash from 1-15 to 11-5.

maybe even super bowl contenders: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ad12/darkhorses

I can't believe I'm actually here thinking the dolphins have a chance going to the playoffs. All we have to do is win the rest of our games and WE'RE IN. What a turn around, and think if our defense didn't fail against the texans we'd be first place in the division right now.

we can go 11-5. Who knew who that all we needed to do is move the dash from 1-15 to 11-5.

maybe even super bowl contenders: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=hotread12/darkhorses' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ad12/darkhorses[/post]

It has been a great turnaround but it needs to end here. :P

Looks like the division is still up for grabs but Id give your Dolphins the edge.

I love how after the jets beat the Pats and Titans everyone was all over the Jets and how they really are the best team in the AFC.

I guess people forgot this team did lose to the Oakland raiders earlier. Before the mondya night game on ESPN, they asked the analyst who's gonna win the division now? Of course Ditka says something like "Dolphins and Pats, but it changes from week to week". Talk about fence-sitting.

Jets are a good team, but not a great team, they were on their game for a few weeks and everyone loved them. But I still think Titans are the best in the AFC slightly ahead of the Steelers and Colts I guess.

Matt Cassel thrives despite heavy heart

Boston Herald

Under normal circumstances, Matt Cassel would have been reading a text message last night from his father, answering questions about the game. But this time his phone did not flash as he sat on Bob Kraft

Matt Cassel thrives despite heavy heart

Boston Herald

Under normal circumstances, Matt Cassel would have been reading a text message last night from his father, answering questions about the game. But this time his phone did not flash as he sat on Bob Kraft

Well, things were bad enough for us Browns fans before Brady Quinn went out for the rest of the season with the injury. Now they're just in the draft sweepstakes. Not that they have much luck with the draft anyway. They make the Canes draft picks look absolutely brilliant with the picks they've made since they've come back into the league. They could make a show of "Where Are They Now?" for Browns draft picks... :blink: