The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Wow... my Dolphins and Panthers are BOTH in the playoffs!! But the most important thing is...

BRETT FAVRE CHOKED IN THE BIG GAME!! The alleged greatest QB of all time throws 3 picks in the biggest game of the year and will now do the whole retirement dance for like the 4th or 5th straight offseason. Enjoy watching the playoffs at home you pathetic piece of garbage. 2 TD, 10 INT in the last four games of the season. The Jets got rid of Pennington for THAT??

BRETT FAVRE CHOKED IN THE BIG GAME!!

Should have stayed retired, The Packers offered him big buck to come back as a development coach for the newbie, but his ego would not of allowed that.

Johnny Unitas will be forever remembered a Colt great, not his last season as a Charger.

Should have stayed retired, The Packers offered him big buck to come back as a development coach for the newbie, but his ego would not of allowed that.

Johnny Unitas will be forever remembered a Colt great, not his last season as a Charger.

I called it too.. one crappy year with the Jets, miss the playoffs, no hope of another SB ring and he'd "retire" again... of course I was hoping the Jets would go 0-16 and not 8-8 but hey.. close enough...

:(

Congrats to the Dolphins, impressive turnaround from last season.

Lesson learned for the Pats....control your own destiny. 11-5 isnt too shabby and may have been good enough if they were in another division. Disappointing but still pretty amazing after losing the Tom Brady the first game of the season, and watching a back up who never started an NFL game ever become an all star right before your eyes. Hate the Pats all you want but thats some pretty amazing coaching to have that happen not once, but twice.

Cant wait till next year :).

Unreal implosion by the Cowgirls... Philly returns not one, but two fumble returns for TDs and is SPANKING Dallas 41-3.... And now both the "big boys" Dallas and New England will be playing golf next week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281228021''>http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281228021' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281228021[/post]

Sources: Romo collapses in shower after Eagles clinch

Team sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that there was commotion and concern in the Cowboys locker room after the game when Romo collapsed in the shower. Players called for medical staff, who brought in a stretcher, but Romo walked out on his own. Romo then did his news conference but had to be helped from the podium. Sources said Romo suffered a rib injury in the second half.

Sounds like he's got that Tony Saprano affliction ! Way to go Birds !

A few thuoghts...

Thanks Raiders for giving my Browns a guaranteed better draft picked..

That Rothelsberger injury was a show....he'll be back in two weeks and they'll act like he is the second coming or something. The whole thumbs up thing was stupid!

Glad to see the Chargers and Philip Rivers give Jay Cutler his golfing bag!

The Dolphins give me hope for my Browns next year!

Bye Bye Savage and Crennel! What am I going to do with my Crennel signed hat?

Glad to see the evil empire of the Patriots and "America's Team" the Cowboys taken out!

Glad to see Pennington flip the bird to the Jets!

Poor Poor Brees didn't get his record because a receiver didn't finish his route! LOL!

VIKINGS!!!
Yea! Now the Eagles...maybe they left it all on the field in destroying the hapless Cowboys? Purple Jesus will need a big game and extra stickum to hold onto the ball.

After yesterday I hate football lol

yes my broncos are chokers, oh well

TSA Pats get the schaft with the tie breakers but

the 1985 Broncos did as well so I understand your pain.

congrats to all the good turnaround teams this year including Miami

and the Falcons. I like Matt Ryan. I hope they do well in the playoffs.

Good luck to the Panthers as well as they have a chance to go all the way.

My pick before the playoffs is Baltimore vs Carolina. Yes WC Balt but

their defense is awesome.

A few thuoghts...

Thanks Raiders for giving my Browns a guaranteed better draft picked..

That Rothelsberger injury was a show....he'll be back in two weeks and they'll act like he is the second coming or something. The whole thumbs up thing was stupid!

Glad to see the Chargers and Philip Rivers give Jay Cutler his golfing bag!

The Dolphins give me hope for my Browns next year!

Bye Bye Savage and Crennel! What am I going to do with my Crennel signed hat?

Glad to see the evil empire of the Patriots and "America's Team" the Cowboys taken out!

Glad to see Pennington flip the bird to the Jets!

Poor Poor Brees didn't get his record because a receiver didn't finish his route! LOL!

good post except for the Rivers part :P jk he is way better than Cutler and he leads my

team. He needs to grow up and soon or he is another Jeff George :blink:

Wow... my Dolphins and Panthers are BOTH in the playoffs!! But the most important thing is...

BRETT FAVRE CHOKED IN THE BIG GAME!! The alleged greatest QB of all time throws 3 picks in the biggest game of the year and will now do the whole retirement dance for like the 4th or 5th straight offseason. Enjoy watching the playoffs at home you pathetic piece of garbage. 2 TD, 10 INT in the last four games of the season. The Jets got rid of Pennington for THAT??

They got Favre for jersey sales. suckers.

I am happy for Miami winning the division, early on in the season it looked like it might have been Buffalo, then it was the Jets, and the only team to be consistent in that division for most the year pulls it off in the end.

Panthers tried their best to blow it, but the saints left way to much time on the clock for the come back.

I hope that we end up playing the cardinals, I don't like ATL one bit, but I am willing to bet that they choke.

Seeing both the patriots and cowboys miss the playoffs is sweet justice. How 'bout dem' cowboys!

Yea! Now the Eagles...maybe they left it all on the field in destroying the hapless Cowboys? Purple Jesus will need a big game and extra stickum to hold onto the ball.

Aye...the Birds will be very difficult to beat IMO...T. Jack is gonna have to play mistake free and AD will need to have a career day. Not only that, but we have to get pressure on McNabb. P. Williams continued loss is definitely a big blow as well.

I think the playoff race is kinda wide open in the AFC.

NFC i'm already scratching off the vikings and cardinals who i don't think have a chance of beating teams like Carolina, and New York.

My prediction first round: Cards beats Falcons

Eagles beat Vikes

Chargers beat Colts

Ravens Beat Dolphins

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if i was wrong about all 4 games, they are pretty even matchups for the most part mainly due to some of the weaker teams being division winners and gaining home-field advantage.

NFC i'm already scratching off the vikings ... who i don't think have a chance of beating teams like Carolina, and New York.
I guess it is a bit much to ask of the Vikings to beat them both again... :P

I guess it is a bit much to ask of the Vikings to beat them both again... :P

Haha..well the Vikings barely beat the Giants 2nd stringers on Sunday sadly

Interestingly enough, the road teams have ALL opened as favorites. I expected this. What I didn't expect is that they would all be 3 point favorites except for the Colts, who are only a 1 point fave. Because I think Indy is gonna put a grade A beating on San Diego.

The Falcons/Cards line has tightened about a point, though. Which makes no sense to me, too, as of the other three games, I expect that one to be the biggest rout.

Not that anyone cares but here are my pics for this weekend

Atlanta 34

Arizona 24

Philly 26

Minny 17

Indy 31

SD 27

Balt 28

Miami 13

I care, but again, its really tough to choose cause on the inconsistencies of San Diego, Arizona and the eagles. One week the eagles look amazing, the next they look like a sub par team that can't move the football downfield. I don't think there is any easy game to pick really.

My 2 cents:

Atlanta beats Arizona in OT

Philly vs. Minny, it will depend of the running game. I think Philly wins because they have a better passing defense than the Vikings

Indy vs. SD, Indy wins because they're in a roll and SD's pass rush was severed when Merriman was injured.

Baltimore vs. Miami: Fins will depend in Ronnie Brown's game. The Ravens can take the game if the defense shows its power.