The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Thats big talk considering you backed into the playoffs based on other teams losing and then got SPANKED by a mediocre Philly team... Go cry somewhere else.

LOL, wow you Panthers fans are smoking something special. I mean I'd expect a cocky statement like this to come from a fan of a championship franchise or whatever, not some overhyped team that's in the playoffs about once every four years.

Even worse though is the lack of knowledge in your statements. We won five of our last six games, I'd hardly call that backing into the playoffs. And losing by twelve points isn't getting "spanked", especially not considering that it was a two point game in the 4th quarter. Now I know it's upsetting that your MIGHTY Carolina Panthers couldn't beat the Vikings (who, according to your point logic, SPANKED the Panthers in Week 3), but please, for your own sake, don't spit out such idiotic claims.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the MIGHTY Panthers go up against the "mediocre" Philadelphia Eagles team, a team which, like the Vikings, finished the regular season on a roll and even beat the defending Super Bowl champs in the process (hey, the Vikings did that too...hmmm now which team being talked about here DIDN'T beat the Giants??? Gosh I just can't remember...maybe Eric and Frog can help us out with that one.)

I'm sure though you Cats fans think Delhomme is gonna come out firing away on the Eagles 3rd ranked pass defense and just lead the team to a resounding victory, or maybe that great rushing attack will just take over against the 4th ranked run defense in the league. Better yet, it'll be the Panthers 18th ranked total defense that will hold strong and bring home the win!

LOL. Yes, let's see which team SPANKS the other. The Panthers are nothing more than a flashy record; the Eagles are the real playoff team here.

Please, you faced a Giants team that rested all their starters, because they had their berth locked up. Try facing the team we faced, and then talk. You keep bringing up the Vikings victory in Week 3, but even you admitted the Vikings didn't play the Panthers team that's playing now.

And once again, Delhomme doesn't have to do anything. Yes, Williams and J-Stew will tear up the Cardinals and they will tear up Philly (assuming Philly even gets that far). We'll have to see what happens if the Panthers face the Giants. Too far to think about right now.

For the Vikings have such a great defense, they really crapped out at the wrong moment. What was that 70+ yard TD that changed the game? It's not like it was a deep bomb either. Westbrook and the blocking scheme of Philly tore through Minnesota that play.

Getting a little chippy in here.

Maybe Im just jealous because my team is

burnt_toast.jpg

<_<

^ stop with the baiting iceFrogg

It was a discussion that got a bit overheated.

Both vikings and Panthers are good teams, hence why they won their division.

Please, you faced a Giants team that rested all their starters, because they had their berth locked up. Try facing the team we faced, and then talk. You keep bringing up the Vikings victory in Week 3, but even you admitted the Vikings didn't play the Panthers team that's playing now.

And once again, Delhomme doesn't have to do anything. Yes, Williams and J-Stew will tear up the Cardinals and they will tear up Philly (assuming Philly even gets that far). We'll have to see what happens if the Panthers face the Giants. Too far to think about right now.

For the Vikings have such a great defense, they really crapped out at the wrong moment. What was that 70+ yard TD that changed the game? It's not like it was a deep bomb either. Westbrook and the blocking scheme of Philly tore through Minnesota that play.

We led at halftime against their starters. It was the backups that gave us the most trouble lol. And I do apologize, because I thought the Panthers faced the Eagles next week...what a shame that spanking has to wait for ya'll. But to say that such and such "will tear up Philly" is a fallacy; I mean I put the rankings up there for a reason, to show that the Panthers don't match up real well against the Eagles. Just like they don't match up real well against the Vikings...well heck I don't think they match up well against anybody, except for poor run defense teams.

And I never said that the Vikes had a great defense, but rather a great run defense, and there's a difference. We shut down Philly all day long on the ground, but then credit to them for drawing up a good screen play and perfectly executing it. They made the big plays, we didn't, and that screen pass was the biggest one of them all.

Again though, I think the Panthers are a fine team and all, it's just that you and Eric seem to think that they're the best of the best, and that everybody else is complete ****. That's just not true however, and even though the Panthers have a pretty record it doesn't mean that teams like the 9-6-1 Eagles or the 10-6 Vikings couldn't play well against you, or dare I say even beat you. Records don't mean everything, and that's especially the case for a team like the Panthers, which ranks low in several important statistical categories. Compare that to a team like the Titans, who have an equally impressive record, but also back it up in unit rankings.

Lastly, I think it's pretty distasteful, and pathetic, to say that I'm just stirring things up because my team lost this weekend. Yes, the Vikes lost to the Eagles on Sunday, but it was a solid loss, and nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not sure why the team is so disrespected here, but I felt that it was my duty to stand up for them and provide a solid argument for them and against the vaunted Panthers. I cannot say however that I have received a real argument back, but rather (to my surprise) much contempt and disregard. I am only left to wonder if my argument has disquieted even the most confident of Panthers fans.

;)

Lastly, I think it's pretty distasteful, and pathetic, to say that I'm just stirring things up because my team lost this weekend. Yes, the Vikes lost to the Eagles on Sunday, but it was a solid loss, and nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not sure why the team is so disrespected here, but I felt that it was my duty to stand up for them and provide a solid argument for them and against the vaunted Panthers. I cannot say however that I have received a real argument back, but rather (to my surprise) much contempt and disregard. I am only left to wonder if my argument has disquieted even the most confident of Panthers fans.

Try being the only Pats fan around here. Im on my own island, but its a good island. ;)

Try being the only Pats fan around here. Im on my own island, but its a good island. ;)

lol, you're right that must be hard. I think even I have dissed the Pats a little bit...and then the Super Bowl last season...wow THAT must've been difficult. I'll try to remember what it feels like TSA before I speak out again haha. But yes it is a good island...hard to hear people around you with all those trophies to stay close to! ;)

Vikings island isn't so hot. <_<

lol, you're right that must be hard. I think even I have dissed the Pats a little bit...and then the Super Bowl last season...wow THAT must've been difficult. I'll try to remember what it feels like TSA before I speak out again haha. But yes it is a good island...hard to hear people around you with all those trophies to stay close to! ;)

More like a "ring"ing in my ears. Viking's island isnt so bad, I hear they have some booz cruises sailing around that island ;)

:lol: See, us Pats fans can dish it out too.

What argument have you provided other than "We beat you in Week 3"?

The rankings? That's a reflection of the season. As you have already said, the Panthers aren't the same team now than they were at Week 3.

But if we're going to bring up the stats, let's look at the Panther's rushing game.

2437 yards on the season - 3rd in the league

30 Rushing TDs - 1st in the league (Titans 2nd at 24)

24 rushes for 20+ yards - 1st in the league

6 rushes for 40+ yards - 1st in the league

4 fumbles - 2nd least in the league

And that was with the terrible rushing game early on in the season.

Defensively, yeah, Carolina's not much to look at. They score more than they give up (6 points more, on average) and that's all that matters. Reminds me of another Carolina team that won it all ;)

More like a "ring"ing in my ears. Viking's island isnt so bad, I hear they have some booz cruises sailing around that island ;)

:lol: See, us Pats fans can dish it out too.

LOL!

Post of the week, even if I'm not allowed to nominate!

Viking's island isnt so bad, I hear they have some booz cruises sailing around that island ;)

I'm on Vikings Island too. Unfortunately, I was born there. The boat to get there sounds like a lot more fun.... B)

Getting a little chippy in here.

Maybe Im just jealous because my team is

burnt_toast.jpg

<_<

At least your coach did not get fired3.jpg :angry: :unsure:

but I hope for Spagnuolo from the Giants to be the next coach. the broncos defense is putrid.

i am sticking with my pick of Balt vs Carolina in the Bowl

Pacman Jones is quote "surprised and a little hurt" that he is let go by the Dallas Felons I mean Cowboys... How can he be surprised? Is he really that out of it? You shoot someone in a nightclub, somehow skirt murder charges, then after you're given your second chance and you swear you are reformed you pick a fight with your own bodyguard? Jerry Jones response is classic.. "Well.. we would have never expected him to cause a problem with someone that was there to prevent a problem"... LOL.. who fights with thier own protection staff? This story just gets more and more ridiculous.. even Dallas with all it's ex felons cant handle this guy.

Well first off, the cowboys management are tools, didn't we all know about Pacman's run in with the law, did they decide not to read the news like everyone else?

Secondly, here are my choices for this weekends playoffs games:

1. Ravens vs. Titans - Titans.... not sure why everyone is calling upset here with the Ravens

2. Chargers vs. Steelers - Steelers...SD actually has to stop a decent run attack this game, & play against a great defense

3. Panthers vs. Arizona - Panthers... I don't think this game will even be close, there won't be any 80 yard TDs for Warner

4. Giants vs. Eagles - Giants...Should be a close one, wouldn't be shocked if Eagles won, but I think Giants pull it out

Well first off, the cowboys management are tools, didn't we all know about Pacman's run in with the law, did they decide not to read the news like everyone else?

1. Ravens vs. Titans - Titans.... not sure why everyone is calling upset here with the Ravens

2. Chargers vs. Steelers - Steelers...SD actually has to stop a decent run attack this game, & play against a great defense

3. Panthers vs. Arizona - Panthers... I don't think this game will even be close, there won't be any 80 yard TDs for Warner

4. Giants vs. Eagles - Giants...Should be a close one, wouldn't be shocked if Eagles won, but I think Giants pull it out

Because the Titans have been up and down since their fast start, and the Ravens defense looks impossible to score on. Still, it should be a great defensive battle.

Why not the Ravens their defense is better than Tenns and they played well down the stretch better than Tenn did.

Not shocked if Tenn wins but this game is a toss up IMHO

the last 3 I agree with you however B)

Well the Titans are out...must be disappointing after all the hard work they did to get here. Questionable noncall at the end of the game...but really the Titans only have themselves to blame. The first half was theirs; they completely controlled the play and the Baltimore defense yet came away with nothing for the most part. Tough loss...and the team (defense) that nobody wants to play against moves on.

Now let's see how the Panthers do.

Well the Titans are out...must be disappointing after all the hard work they did to get here. Questionable noncall at the end of the game...but really the Titans only have themselves to blame. The first half was theirs; they completely controlled the play and the Baltimore defense yet came away with nothing for the most part. Tough loss...and the team (defense) that nobody wants to play against moves on.

Not nearly as ugly as what Jake puked up... but turnovers cost Tennessee the game too.. a interception in the endzone and a fumble at the 1 yard line... the FG wouldnt have mattered if it was 21-10... Of course i dont blame Crumpler for fumbling.. he got DECKED.. helmet on hands, I bet his arms went numb... but it still hurt thier chances.

Not nearly as ugly as what Jake puked up... but turnovers cost Tennessee the game too.. a interception in the endzone and a fumble at the 1 yard line... the FG wouldnt have mattered if it was 21-10... Of course i dont blame Crumpler for fumbling.. he got DECKED.. helmet on hands, I bet his arms went numb... but it still hurt thier chances.

The officiating certainly didn't help the situation. A good 2 seconds passed on that missed delay of game call on the Ravens winning drive.

And am I the only one who noticed whenever the Titans would get a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, CBS would never show the replay? Or how about when one of the Titans went down with a knee injury. Friend next to me said it was probably a chop-block injury, since the Ravens were known to pull stuff like that. Said it's a play they consistently run with the sole intent of injuring an opposing player. Waited for a replay to show how he was injured, and it never came up.

Well now that the Panthers are out of it... GO CHARGERS!!!! Maybe at least Rivers can make NC proud!

*So far every team with a bye has lost... can SD pull it off? Will Pittsburgh fall? Should be interesting.

As a Titans fan it is disappointing because Titans did very well on offense, just turnovers in the Ravens territory seemed inevitable. It was a war with a ton of players getting injured, most notably Chris Johnson (easily best player on the field before he got injured) was absent in the 2nd half after dominating the Ravens in the 1st. The missed delay of game call could've happened to either side I guess, wasn't the worst call and did not cost them the game really, its not like a bad pass interference call. Titans were undisciplined all game, took some bad penalties.

Ravens are gonna be so banged up from that game, truly was a battle, advantage has to go to the Steelers (who i really don't like,lol).

I have to admit I'm a little stunned that all the big boys are already out; the Giants, Titans, and Panthers. I mean a top seed usually falters every playoff year, but I can't remember the last time that three really good teams failed to get past their respective first round games. Of course, do I actually think that the Eagles are better than the Giants? The Cardinals over the Panthers? The Ravens better than the Titans? No, no, and no lol. Single elimination can be real funny sometimes.

If we had playoff series, then I bet you anything that the Panthers would beat out the Cardinals! :P