The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Looks like its going to be a "who really care's?" superbowl this year. At least now i can enjoy the superbowl party without worring about seeing the game.. :blink:;)

Looks like its going to be a "who really care's?" superbowl this year. At least now i can enjoy the superbowl party without worring about seeing the game.. :blink:;)
I think a 'Battle of Pennsylvania' Super Bowl with the Eagles-Steelers could be compelling...I'm sure the networks are rooting for that matchup.

Baltimore-Arizona? Oye! :blink:

I think a 'Battle of Pennsylvania' Super Bowl with the Eagles-Steelers could be compelling...I'm sure the networks are rooting for that matchup.

Yeah i think your right but thats still not a big ratings SB in the makings. I'm from upstate NY and there were hardly any PA team fans there. Actually it was quite the opposite but if your in PA i bet the bars would be packed. Just isn't looking to good right now for the rest of us. No matter what teams get in.

Yeah i think your right but thats still not a big ratings SB in the makings. I'm from upstate NY and there were hardly any PA team fans there. Actually it was quite the opposite but if your in PA i bet the bars would be packed. Just isn't looking to good right now for the rest of us. No matter what teams get in.
The Steelers are big in the triangle...lots of transplants, plus nationally they rank near the top in fan following. I see almost as many Steelers bumper stickers and license plate holders driving around town (saw two this morining) then I do Panthers.

I think it would be really interesting, but I am biased.. I cheered on the Steelers to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago with thier NC State Alum Coach Cowher (who of course is not there anymore) and my fiances family is from Philly and her dad is a huge Eagles fan.. so I think it would be an awesome match up.. but I have a vested interest in it.. not so much for the rest of the country.

I think it will still be a big draw as long as Pittsburgh makes it as one of the "favorites" (#1 and #2 seeds) regardless of who they are up against.. The bad news would be Pittsburgh vs Arizona and then Arizona after winning thier home conference game, flies out to Miami and lays an egg. I think the east coast win against Carolina was obviously an aberration with all the mistakes Jake made... they wont fare so well in Tampa I dont think.

But of course as soon as Carolina lost it became a "who cares" game for me.

The Steelers are big in the triangle...lots of transplants, plus nationally they rank near the top in fan following. I see almost as many Steelers bumper stickers and license plate holders driving around town (saw two this morining) then I do Panthers.

As a Browns fan it's hard not to vandalize them! :angry:

Which leads me to a question.

Who do I root for?

While every thing that is Cleveland Browns in me would not be too upset if a bomb accidentally got dropped on Three Rivers(is it still that?) during the game. I realize that will more than likely not happen.

I hate big Ben, what a puke, with all his thumbs up on a stretcher *edit*. That whole scene had to be set up.

Even though Art Modell does not own the Ravens anymore...I can't help but still hold some ill feelings toward Baltimore for them accepting my Browns with open arms when many people in that city still knew the sting of having their team ripped from their grasp. If I remember correctly the City of Cleveland was adamant(sp) that when the team returned in 1999 that they did not receive a team that had moved from another city.

Is it okay if I wish that which ever team wins, they lose a major player due to injury(not career threatening)?

I just hope that my Fantasy QB, Donovan McNabb wins against the Cardinals and then takes out the AFC Chump.

That actually might be fun. A great offense vs a great defense.

We shall see

I like Baltimore to play Philly in the Super Bowl..

the Pitt vs balt game is a toss up but I think Balts defense

will cause plenty of turnovers etc.

I also would be shocked to see AZ in the Super Bowl,

not that I am rooting against them because I am not.

I just think Philly is better

scores

bal 16 pitt 13

philly 31 az 27

Steelers! Cardinals! SMELL THE RATINGS~! (Granted, it's the Super Bowl, so they're gonna be big, but there's gonna be a big drop here.)

I only saw a snippet of one slow mo replay on the McGahee hit, but with little first hand knowledge of the hit, it looked dirty to me. And even if it wasn't, had that been to a QB, there would've been a fine, ejection, and possible banishment from the league.

There's a difference between a helmet-to-helmet contact with the QB and with any other player though. The defense is told to bring down opponents in any way possible and in a situation like that, especially when both players are moving that fast, you can't lay blame on Clark for the hit.

Was it helmet to helmet? Hard to tell. Looked like he attempted to lead with the shoulder, but again, hard to tell.

Yawn...let's go Cardinals.

The news this morning is that McGahee had "significant neck pain" but had movement in his arms and legs.

Looked to me like he broke his neck similar to the way that Erik Cole did. Right after the impact, his head slumped back like it had no support. I hate seeing that for any team or player. Hopefully they keep the swelling down and he has a full recovery.

Yawn...let's go Cardinals.

The news this morning is that McGahee had "significant neck pain" but had movement in his arms and legs.

Looked to me like he broke his neck similar to the way that Erik Cole did. Right after the impact, his head slumped back like it had no support. I hate seeing that for any team or player. Hopefully they keep the swelling down and he has a full recovery.

I agree TSA that was scary, I hope he is okay and recovers fully.

congrats to Az and Pitt for the getting to the Super Bowl as they both deserved it.

The Pittsburgh punter looked like Danny Briere's stunt double he did some much diving yesterday. Go Cards...

Did you mean Derek Roy? :P

The Pittsburgh punter looked like Danny Briere's stunt double he did some much diving yesterday. Go Cards...

Cards SB = Dud. What a waste...no disrespect to Warner.

When the Panthers, Giants and Titans were knocked out of the Playoffs, this season was officially over. They could have just cancelled the SB, because no one else deserved it like those three, except Pittsburgh I guess. Sorry Arizona fans, I went through it in 2003-04 so I know how you feel. But winning the NFC Championship is not something to take lightly.

When the Panthers, Giants and Titans were knocked out of the Playoffs, this season was officially over. They could have just cancelled the SB, because no one else deserved it like those three, except Pittsburgh I guess. Sorry Arizona fans, I went through it in 2003-04 so I know how you feel. But winning the NFC Championship is not something to take lightly.

:o

:o

*close your mouth, TSA... it's not polite!* :lol:

I know what you are thinking... "How could you not include New England!?" Sorry, I don't really follow AFC as closely as I do NFC, but they did end the season with a pretty good record, eh? But lost their playoff spot to the Miami Flippers. Ouch.