The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Haha, at least it was a great game to watch. I actually left a SB party when it looked like the Steelers had it wrapped up. When I got home and turned it on I couldn't believe Arizona was up 23-20. Definately a great effort by Arizona and not an easy win for the Steelers.

Ok, superbowl over... now its time to re-sign Matt Cassel and get Tom Brady healthy.

That was a great game last night, but I don't really get too much into games unless the team I care for is playing in it. The biggest news of the night was that the Office came on after the game. ;)

Wow, what an excellent game last night. Too bad the Cards were on the losing end, really wanted to see Kurt Warner pull it off one more time as well as former Wolfpacker Adrian Wilson get a ring. If only the Cards had tackled or pushed harrison out of bounds before he reached the end zone.

Haha, at least it was a great game to watch. I actually left a SB party when it looked like the Steelers had it wrapped up. When I got home and turned it on I couldn't believe Arizona was up 23-20. Definately a great effort by Arizona and not an easy win for the Steelers.

Ok, superbowl over... now its time to re-sign Matt Cassel and get Tom Brady healthy.

Yeah, Cassel is franchise tag worthy. I bet his agent is going to do his best to get him somewhere where he can be a starter. He had a great season.

That was a great game last night, but I don't really get too much into games unless the team I care for is playing in it. The biggest news of the night was that the Office came on after the game. ;)

Yes, my friend! You have earned a Schrute Buck

schrutelighttiny.jpg

Dunno too much about the game. Couldn't find anything else on TV, so I decided to watch it with 5 minutes remaining in the game. Turns out that was the best part of it anyway.

I know no one cares but Jay Cutler is making Manny Ramirez look like a good guy :lol:

What a crybaby he is. For the first time in 28 years, I do not like my QB and if Denver

can get anything good for him, I am all for it.

how about Peppers and Dellowm for Cutler ;) I dont like Dellome but the Broncos can

draft a young QB (maybe Sanchez of USC?) that can start fresh with the new coaching

staff in Denver.

only time will tell. both players are unhappy and I would love to see Peppers be

a Jason Taylor type in the 3-4, which Denver is going to use most likely.

I know no one cares but Jay Cutler is making Manny Ramirez look like a good guy :lol:

What a crybaby he is. For the first time in 28 years, I do not like my QB and if Denver

can get anything good for him, I am all for it.

how about Peppers and Dellowm for Cutler ;) I dont like Dellome but the Broncos can

draft a young QB (maybe Sanchez of USC?) that can start fresh with the new coaching

staff in Denver.

only time will tell. both players are unhappy and I would love to see Peppers be

a Jason Taylor type in the 3-4, which Denver is going to use most likely.

I havent been keeping up with it, but i think it's incredibly selfish when a player begs for a trade and refuses to play for his team. The whole Manning/Rivers thing was ugly and disgusting and Rivers is finally getting his just deserts. Sure Manning won a super bowl, but he also got his head knocked off for 2 years while Rivers sat and learned.

As far as the Peppers thing, I dont like it, but I say let him go. If he's not gonna play ball for us then the heck with him. I've lost my respect for him and he's lost his edge anyway...so I have no qualms letting him go.

But its still hockey season! Too early to be talking football!!! :P

I would love to see Peppers be a Jason Taylor type in the 3-4, which Denver is going to use most likely.

Rumor is Peppers is going to NE for a 2nd round pick they acquired earlier this offseason. Ive also heard that they will be using the 3-4 and that Peppers would be converted to linebacker.

Rumor is Peppers is going to NE for a 2nd round pick they acquired earlier this offseason. Ive also heard that they will be using the 3-4 and that Peppers would be converted to linebacker.

No way peppers is going for a second round pick only. Personally, I hope he ends up in oakland or maybe the lions.

But ill send him to denver for culter and a pick since cassel isn't available now.

Hurney isn't stupid, he's not going to accept that. We're not allowed to discuss trades with other teams until Peppers sings the franchise tag, so I don't put much stock in that rumor.

I don't expect anything done soon, there are a lot of factors that will have to be just right to make a deal work. Peppers basically has the right to veto any trade, since he hasn't signed the contract from the franchise tag, we can't trade him. So he has to agree to a deal with a team, then we would work out compensation. We also know there are only 4 teams he wants to play for; Cowboys, Patriots and 2 other NFC teams. I don't think we'll trade him to an NFC team unless no other deal works out, so it looks like the Patriots would be the most likely destination for him.

Crybaby Cutler wants out of Denver.

I think I hate this guy even more than Manny Ramirez :lol:

Cutler is beyond a jerk now.

Check this out. http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12040620''>http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12040620' target="_blank">http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12040620[/post]

I heard about this on the radio.. "I never got a phone call.. I never asked for a trade...." blah blah blah blah... He should get picked up by the Lions.. that will serve him right. :)

I don't know, I'm inclined to side with Cutler. The Broncos management/ownership doesn't seem to have their act together either. So it seems like a "he said she said" kind of deal and I'm just more likely to side with the player if they have no history of acting like Terrell Owens.

A considerable amount of Bronco fans are calling BS on this and saying Mcdaniels and the Bronocs owner are the liars.

I mean you gotta be pretty dumb to fire Shanny.

I don't know, I'm inclined to side with Cutler. The Broncos management/ownership doesn't seem to have their act together either. So it seems like a "he said she said" kind of deal and I'm just more likely to side with the player if they have no history of acting like Terrell Owens.

They are both jerks but I say Cutler is a bigger baby IMO.

Cutler traded to Chicago. I guess they are the new team I cant stand.

I hope he gets benched and they have to play Rex Grossman.

He shot his way out of Denver because he wanted more $$ and was sad

Shanny got fired. He is a tease. Looks good but chokes when the chips

are down.

He shot his way out of Denver because he wanted more $$ and was sad

Shanny got fired. He is a tease. Looks good but chokes when the chips

are down.

I don't think it has anything to do with money, and everything to do with not having confidence and trust in your management. I wouldn't want to work for someone who wanted to "fire" me either.

I don't like Cutler's attitude, but he is far and away better than any QB Chicago has had since.... ever?

The question becomes is he gonna be any happier playing in Chicago. Sure he wanted out of Denver, but he didnt have a choice as to where they sent him. Will he step up and play hard for his new team or will he mope and pout?

The question becomes is he gonna be any happier playing in Chicago. Sure he wanted out of Denver, but he didnt have a choice as to where they sent him. Will he step up and play hard for his new team or will he mope and pout?

me thinks he mopes and pouts, he even did that when he had his buddy Shanny there.

btw McMahan is better that this guy ever will be becuase he is a winner. intagibles count

and Cultler does not have then now.

Its not about stats, stats are so overrated it is not even funny

eg.. QB rating for Career, Cutler 87.0 Elway 79.9, who is better. It is not even close.

bears gave up too much for him

Yes, they did. But the Bears have needed a QB for God knows how long now. I think it was worth the risk for them. Attitude problems or not - the kid can play.

And come on... I know I'm not the only one here that was hoping that the Panthers would swing a deal for him. Not at THAT price, but ya know. You can bet Cutler wouldn't be making rookie mistakes like turning the ball over five times against an outmanned team - singlehandedly blowing the entire season - in the biggest game of the year and wishing for three separate Bojangles items from the genie rather than the combo meal.