The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Prediction #1: BRETT FAVRE will make at least 35 plays that "no other quarterback could've made" and lead the Jets to a 5-11 season that "wasn't his fault." The four INT game against New England, game-deciding pick against Buffalo, and 25 total interceptions thrown will be curiously swept under the rug. Also, he will have "so much fun out there."

Predicition #2: The Packers will win more games than the Jets, but will NOT make the playoffs.

Prediction #3: Neither will the Panthers. It's time to rebuild - Delhomme isn't the guy anymore and the defense is getting old. Hopefully Stewart and Williams will push each other and become a strong backfield 1-2 punch.

Prediction #4: Your NFC playoff teams will be in order... Dallas, New Orleans, Seattle, Minnesota, Philadelphia, and Arizona.

Prediction #5: The Pats will NOT be the last undefeated team in the league and will get upset sometime in the first five weeks of the season.

Prediction #6: Miami will NOT be the last winless team in the league this season. They can't get worse than last year, and while not good, the 6-10 they'll end up with will be acceptable after last season's debacle. Oh, and for all the Pennington love here... I'm a Dolphins fan with a vested interest. 2002 Jay Fiedler > 2008 Chad Pennington, so I don't know where the "best QB since Marino" stuff is coming from. Pennington has less range than a broken cell phone.

Prediction #7: Jacksonville will dethrone the Colts from the AFC South mountaintop. Oh, that division is STACKED, too.

Prediction #8: The AFC playoff teams in order... New England, San Diego, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Houston.

Prediction #9: Dallas will defeat the Saints 27-19 in the NFC Title game. The Chargers will upset the Pats 20-17 in the AFC Final. Patriots will NOT hang an AFC Finalist banner.

Prediction #10: NBC's Super Bowl coverage will be excellent if overblown, The Boss will rock the halftime show, and the Chargers will take out the Cowboys 31-20 to win the Super Bowl. LaDainian Tomlinson will be named MVP after a 145 yard, 2 TD day.

Can you be a little more specific? :lol:

I was at the Preseason game at the Skydome/Rogers center fro Steelers vs. Bills last night. I thought Trent Edwards looked really good. Rashard Mendenhall was sub par I thought, especially against like 2nd stringers. Leftwich has relaly gone sour since Jaguar went with Garrard though, kinda sad.

I was very shocked to see all the favre jerseys though, i own one and will NEVER wear it again (probably will go in a charity box). Even worse were the teenage fans who wore OJ Simpson's jerseys, and a few who proudly wear Vick jerseys.

I will say Buffalo and Pittsburgh fans get totally out of hand, especially with the alcohol, people getting thrown out, kind of embarrassing, the crowd alone might prevent me from going even if I get free tickets to the game against Miami here in Toronto.

Oh yea GO TITANS, maybe Vince will go back to being a non-pocket passer this season.

1.)Bills

Bills

Bills

Number 31-Dolphins

Number 32-Patriots

No bias or homerism B)

Biased but I like it ;)

it should be

1) Bills

1a) Broncos

32) Gods team aka the Patriots ;) (a wink means a joke or I am kidding for those that dont know :P )

The Pats are okay its their coach who is the one I dont like.

"Gods team" looks awful right now against the Buccs. I just dont think Matt Cassel can cut it, even as a back up.

My name is Sophie Balzer. I am 10 years old and from Guilderland. I was at T.G.I. Friday's on Tuesday night for dinner with my family and my friend Liliya Warner. We noticed that some of the Giants were at Friday's, so I asked my dad for his camera phone so I could take a picture. I went over to the Giants. I was so excited, especially because one of my favorite sports heroes, Eli Manning, was at the table.

I went with my brother, Lucas, who is 12, and my friend Liliya, who like me is 10 years old. My brother asked if we could take a picture and they said "no pictures." I was stunned. Not just because they said no pictures, but they were rude and not nice at all about it. They wouldn't even talk to us.

I know because they are rich and famous that a lot of people are probably always asking them for stuff and bugging them. But if they are not in the mood to talk to kids, maybe they should not go out to dinner to a place like Friday's. I'm sure they must realize if they go to a family place to eat they will run into excited kids that just want to see and talk to them.

It really made me feel sad and hurt to have one of my heroes not be nice to me. When you see them on T.V. they seem so friendly and nice. They always smile and say how much the fans mean to them. I guess real life is different.

Eli, you are not one of my heroes any more.

Well, I still love A-Rod!

SOPHIE BALZER

Guilderland

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...category=SPORTS

Why do they have to be like that towards kids. I know this is a kid writing this but I agree with the kid. I relize the guys are human and do not want to be botherd all the time and I understand that and I respect that. But like the kid said you are in a family resturant like that what do they want. And here in the Albany area it is not like you have a big star in the area all the time like that. And it was just a couple of kids. Don't have to be rude to kids. These kids look up to guys like them.

Prediction #3: Neither will the Panthers. It's time to rebuild - Delhomme isn't the guy anymore and the defense is getting old. Hopefully Stewart and Williams will push each other and become a strong backfield 1-2 punch.

I disagree, I think we will make the playoffs and have a good chance of winning at least a game in the playoffs.

I still think Jake is the guy, remember, before he got injured last year he was on pace to brake most all franchise records and was having a great year. He won't have to be too outstanding either, we will primarily be a running team this year.

The defense isn't old at all. Everyone is under 30 except Damione Lewis, and he's 30. We have a lot of young talented guys on defense, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Stewart and Williams should be a great combo, we will be a primarily rushing team this year, and they will only get better.

We are a young team, we have already rebuilt pretty well.

"Gods team" looks awful right now against the Buccs. I just dont think Matt Cassel can cut it, even as a back up.

I think Matt Cassel must have dirty Pics of Bellicheck to still be on that team :lol:

If Brady ever gets hurt NE is in deep trouble

OK, so I will be the first one to chime in on my team...

GO PACKERS!!!! And yes, I am a Packers fan, not just a Favre fan and I have not changed my loyality!!! GO PACKERS!!

I think Matt Cassel must have dirty Pics of Bellicheck to still be on that team :lol:

If Brady ever gets hurt NE is in deep trouble

Brady cant get hurt, he's a God :lol: And the pictures must be of Bellicheck's wife, lol.

Anyone read the SI season predictions? hehe

Week one....my picks bolded:

Thurs. 9/4

Washington vs Giants

Sunday 9/7

Jacksonville vs Tennessee

Houston vs Pittsburgh

St Louis vs Philidelphia

Tampa Bay vs New Orleans

K.C. vs New England

NY Jets vs Miami

Seattle vs Buffalo

Cincinnati vs Baltimore

Carolina vs San Deigo sorry :(

Dallas vs Cleveland

Detroit vs Atlanta

Arizona vs San Fran.

Chicago vs Indy

Monday 9/8

Minnesota vs Green Bay

Denver vs Oakland

I really wouldn't be shocked if the giants lose tonight, i'm curious how their defense will look.

And way to skip TB vs the Saints TSA, was it too hard for you to choose :lol:

And way to skip TB vs the Saints TSA, was it too hard for you to choose :lol:

Very tough to call, lol.

fixed.

Brady cant get hurt, he's a God :lol: And the pictures must be of Bellicheck's wife, lol.

Anyone read the SI season predictions? hehe

Maybe I can ask for some Holy Communion from him :P

as for the Packer fan. good for you :)

I really hope the Dolpins out do the Jets this year beacause IMHO Favre

embarassed himself (sorry Favre fans, I loved him before this year, not so much anymore)

and Eric Mangini the Rat stuck it to Chad Pennington last year and it would be very ironic

if the Fins beat the Jets for the year as the Fins are led by a real GM now and do have

a very good running game and good defense. It is never easy to win in Sep in Miami as well.

Go Fins.

Here's a nice article abot how a local product Alex Hall from St. Augustine has a chance to make it big in his Rookie season in Cleveland with Antwan Peek possibly going down for the season with an injury.

Hall

OK, so I will be the first one to chime in on my team...

GO PACKERS!!!! And yes, I am a Packers fan, not just a Favre fan and I have not changed my loyality!!! GO PACKERS!!

boooooooo.

Ok...trying to nail this down

We have fans for

1) Panthers

2) Pats

3) Skins

4) Broncos

5) Falcons

6) Titans (me)

7) Chargers

8) Packers

9) Dolphins (a brave and loyal fan)

10) Bills

11) Browns

12) Bengals

13) Vikes

Are you telling me not one person here is a Cowboys fan? I thought they were America's team?

Good luck to all your teams during the regular, and I only say that cause none of them are in my Titans' division ;)

I'll keep an eye on the Titans, if only because they drafted Johnson. I also follow Jacksonville (Garrard) and Minnesota (Allison).

But really, I'm a fan of the Bengals. So...add them, I guess :lol:

I have one question going into the NFL season... What is a Seahawk?

Go Bills and Chiefs :P

Which Bills? Toronto or Buffalo?

:P

Your just jealous because we're North Americas team ;)

I can beat that. According to Medfordcaniac, the Pats are God's team. ;)

Ok...trying to nail this down

We have fans for

1) Panthers

2) Pats

3) Skins

4) Broncos

5) Falcons

6) Titans (me)

7) Chargers

8) Packers

9) Dolphins (a brave and loyal fan)

10) Bills

11) Browns

12) Bengals

13) Vikes

Are you telling me not one person here is a Cowboys fan? I thought they were America's team?

Good luck to all your teams during the regular, and I only say that cause none of them are in my Titans' division ;)

Cowboys are my 2nd favorite team after the Broncos, does that qualify ;)

I like which teams help me win for my "Entertainment purposes only pools ;) "