The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

If we have any bulimics reading this thread...

http://www.vikings.com/' target="_blank">Are you ready 4 some football?[/post]

That does make me want to vomit.

If I was the former starting QB for the Vikes I think my media quote would be "Are you *beeping* kidding me?"

Farve deciding to play football reminds me of a Lewis Black routine... Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes... No, Yes... MAKE UP YOUR MIND! It's fantasy time.. I gotta draft!

If we have any bulimics reading this thread...

http://www.vikings.com/' target="_blank">Are you ready 4 some football?[/post]

I really liked farve at one point, but this is turning into Anakin Skywalker turning to the dark side of the force, or maybe the Sidney Crosby of football, I think within the next 10 years when he finally actually retires he will be the most hated hall of fame quarterback of all time. that splash page made me hurl a bit, and I don't care about the packers nor the vikings.

I never claimed Favre was innocent, just that he's not a demon in the #4 that he suddenly seems to have become. His retiring-unretiring to the point of annoyance is his fault, even if he does have a legit reason for doing so. I was saying that that annoyance was amplified by the constant coverage of the many minor things that he did during the off-season, the most common offender being ESPN and their 3 networks of 24 hour coverage.

I also never claimed that the Packer fans were wrong in feeling betrayed by Favre's decision. They've got every right to. Joining a rival team is a hard thing to ignore. However, it doesn't make what he did in the past for them any less important, and it's important to remember that past before throwing someone under a bus.

As for the whole ego thing, I don't see it. This is the same guy that's constantly been hailed as one of the most down to earth guys you'll ever meet, by just about everyone in football. Teammates, coaches, opponents, TV personalities, whathaveyou. Suddenly, the guy decides to keep playing when everyone "wants" him to retire and he's got a massive ego? I simply don't see it.

But that's beside the point. No need to continue this area of discussion. Clearly, somewhere along the line, signals have been crossed.

I've watched some of the E60 interview clips on SportsCenter with Burris....

I almost started to cry my self when he was asked about missing the impending birth of his daughter.

The guy is obviously sorry for what happened and is ready to pay the consequence for his actions. I have not looked but is there any way the courts take it easy on him or are their hands tied by a mandated sentence.

For anyone who really thinks Michael Vick is sorry...they ned to watch the E60 interview to see what a person who is truly sorry looks like.

Oh good lord 3 pages of Burris, Vick and Farve and thats as far back as i felt like going.

How about the fact the Cowboys frickin jumbotron is affecting punts? Anyone seen that thing is 80 yards long!? Who the hell needs a 80 yard long frickin jumbotron thats assinine. Titans punter says he could hit it 50% of the time if he's trying and one of the punts during the scrimmage hit it. I say it needs to be raised, but apparently raising it will cost 2 mil$ I wanna know what it costs to RUN it thats gotta be a mil in a electric bill it has something like 30 million light bulbs!

There is rich and theres being so rich you dunno what to spend it all on and apparently a 80 yard TV x 2 is what the doctor ordered for the man with to much money.

Oh good lord 3 pages of Burris, Vick and Farve and thats as far back as i felt like going.

How about the fact the Cowboys frickin jumbotron is affecting punts? Anyone seen that thing is 80 yards long!? Who the hell needs a 80 yard long frickin jumbotron thats assinine. Titans punter says he could hit it 50% of the time if he's trying and one of the punts during the scrimmage hit it. I say it needs to be raised, but apparently raising it will cost 2 mil$ I wanna know what it costs to RUN it thats gotta be a mil in a electric bill it has something like 30 million light bulbs!

There is rich and theres being so rich you dunno what to spend it all on and apparently a 80 yard TV x 2 is what the doctor ordered for the man with to much money.

No sin to make money. It cost 40 million and I bet the people at the games appreciate it greatly.

Sounds like some Cowboy Hatin' here.

You know the punters were and are trying to hit it on purpose. Blame the NFL as they approved it.

Well they had to one-up the new Yankee stadium. Do people at a baseball game really go to an art museum during the 7th inning stretch? I mean seriously?

What's going to happen eventually, no matter how strong the supports are, surely the thing is very carefully balanced and weighted.. one of these kicks is going to hit the damn thing and its gonna come crashing down like the Charlotte scoreboard.. unfortunately that things big enough it could probably kill some people in the process... Then the "oops... guess we should have moved it" and the finger pointing starts. Hopefully that won't happen.

They fact that they sold out the stadium to get a gawk at the thing for a preseason game, I'm sure they can find 2 million dollars to move it. That's what? 1% of the 1.5 billion spent to build the place right? Whenever an owner decides to build a monument to himself, he usually doesn't have the team or the fans best interests in mind.

Well they had to one-up the new Yankee stadium. Whenever an owner decides to build a monument to himself, he usually doesn't have the team or the fans best interests in mind.

1. The Stadium in Texas sold their tickets

2. This is Texas. Land of all things bigger. (Leave it alone Smilin Bob LOL)

3. It is Cowboys stadium, not Jerry Jones stadium

4. NFL is a BUSINESS. This is how you make money. This stadium is much more than just for football. If Houston gets a CAT 5 hurricane it will be an excellent Emergency shelter.

No sin to make money. It cost 40 million and I bet the people at the games appreciate it greatly.

Sounds like some Cowboy Hatin' here.

You know the punters were and are trying to hit it on purpose. Blame the NFL as they approved it.

Does cc stand for canes n cowboys? Sounds like some Cowboy Lovin' here. ;)

I need that big TV at my house. Think how good the Canes would look in HD on that thing.

Does cc stand for canes n cowboys? Sounds like some Cowboy Lovin' here. ;)

I need that big TV at my house. Think how good the Canes would look in HD on that thing.

Nope. But it might as well.

That friggin TV is 4 x the square footage of my house.

I just wanna see the remote that goes with it.

Hatin and Lovin is Like Cowboys and Redskins. The just can't get along.

Nope. But it might as well.

That friggin TV is 4 x the square footage of my house.

I just wanna see the remote that goes with it.

Hatin and Lovin is Like Cowboys and Redskins. The just can't get along.

We might have to reinforce the walls to hang that bad boy up. The remote would have to be delivered on a separate flat bed truck.

Even if punters are intentionally aiming for it, you would think if you're going to spend 1.5 billion on a stadium, you'd make sure the jumbotron wouldn't inconvenience the actual play on the field

Even if punters are intentionally aiming for it, you would think if you're going to spend 1.5 billion on a stadium, you'd make sure the jumbotron wouldn't inconvenience the actual play on the field

With the kind of money it takes for a stadium of that quality, you'd think that nothing would be left to chance. I would think how high a punter would normally punt would be taken into consideration. I know that it met the leagues standards but maybe the league standards didn't take a ginormous video screen into consideration.

I do think the idea is great though and will really enhance the experience just like our new Jumbotron will for the Canes.

I think it's funny when they quote the NFL rules when they say that anything has to be 85 feet above the turf, and they put it 90 feet, but they also admit that in testing at another stadium their OWN punter was kicking up to 100 feet. They are like.. yeah.. we knew someone could hit it.. but we still followed the rules.. so we won't move it.

Doing something by the rules doesn't mean you're still not doing something stupid. Ever think the guidelines might be out of date or that you might have the only football stadium with anything besides a roof over the field?

1. The Stadium in Texas sold their tickets

2. This is Texas. Land of all things bigger. (Leave it alone Smilin Bob LOL)

3. It is Cowboys stadium, not Jerry Jones stadium

4. NFL is a BUSINESS. This is how you make money. This stadium is much more than just for football. If Houston gets a CAT 5 hurricane it will be an excellent Emergency shelter.

1. The Yankee's sold almost all their tickets, just not the behind home base ones that were going for something totally insane, like 800,000 a season.

2. I'm not surprised, and if this team was in North Dakota they still would have built the stadium that big, new stadiums don't get smaller they get bigger. A team with that much money to blow will build a huge stadium.

3. How can it not be Jerry Jones' stadium? He owns the Cowboys, he owns the Stadium he paid something like 800 million of the stadium cost out of his own pocket.

"The electricity that we felt just prior to the opening kickoff was really special,

4-4 for 19 yds for Vick. Not too bad, but not exactly a great test either. Looks good to have 100% completions and a good QB rating but it's not that special either.

McNabb may need to watch out though, he had 244 yds and a TD, but also an INT and a fumble that got returned for 6. Vick won't take the starting spot away at first, but if McNabb stinks it up he may not be the starter for long.

4-4 for 19 yds for Vick. Not too bad, but not exactly a great test either. Looks good to have 100% completions and a good QB rating but it's not that special either.

McNabb may need to watch out though, he had 244 yds and a TD, but also an INT and a fumble that got returned for 6. Vick won't take the starting spot away at first, but if McNabb stinks it up he may not be the starter for long.

Don't forget two of those passes were shovel passes...not too much talent for an NFL QB to do one of those. As a whole I thought he did pretty good considering the 2 year layoff, though either he looked a little slow on that scramble or he's not at game speed yet.

Don't forget two of those passes were shovel passes...not too much talent for an NFL QB to do one of those. As a whole I thought he did pretty good considering the 2 year layoff, though either he looked a little slow on that scramble or he's not at game speed yet.

Welllllll, I dont think anyone coulda got through that wall of Jacksonville players he had coming at him either. I mean he had 3 guys closing in on him. Looked like a busted play from the start.

Mcnabb's the reason Vick got pulled out, those two got into it a bit on the sideline because McNabb felt the test was screwing up thier rythym.

Yeah, that's why I wasn't that impressed, but they didn't really throw a lot of difficult stuff at him. Understandable for a 2 year layoff.

I don't think McNabb is in danger of losing the starting spot quite yet, but if he keeps making mistakes he better watch out. Kolb went 10-18 for 100+ and a TD, so both Vick and Kolb performed better then McNabb, of course McNabb had the most work with 36 attempts, but an INT and a FumbleTD kinda cancel out his passing TD.

Since I was forced to watch the TB/Miami game on Fox (i would have rather watched either Philly or St Louis) it was interesting to see Carnell Williams back in the line up after missing parts of the last 2 years with knee injuries. 8 rushes for 54 yards, not a banner day, but another guy who's just happy to be back playing again like Vick.

Miami eventually won the game, but they looked awful in the first half. I was surprised after pretty much having their way with Carolina last week, TB pretty much shut them down. It wasn't Miami's offense that stunk so bad, but their defense couldn't stop TB... TB's time of possession was insane, Miami never got to touch the ball in the first quarter pretty much. I guess the good news for Carolina is TB bogged down and had to settle for 2 field goals, but Leftwich had wide open receivers he overthrew by just a little bit. If he dials that in he could have had two TDs instead. So far Carolina's defense has stunk this preseason, a lot do to injuries, but a certain 17 million dollar man needs to step it up.

Next week's test.. protect Delhomme from Baltimore's defense. Big test for the Oline.

As Shaq says "Tom Brady is the number one QB in the NFL" Who wouldn't wat to watch him.

Glad you said that and not me, that would have made me a total homer :lol:

I care anytime anyone plays the Pats i was 10 or 12 different teams fans last year, it's much more fun to be an anti-fan then a fan of a specific team.

I care anytime anyone plays the Pats i was 10 or 12 different teams fans last year, it's much more fun to be an anti-fan then a fan of a specific team.

Funny, thats how I feel about anyone playing the Yankees. I'm an instant fan :lol: