The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Wow. The Bears have lost Urlacher for the season. It seems he dislocated his right wrist during the game last night and now he has gone under season ending surgery to repair it.

The Eagles are without McNabb for at least 2 weeks due to a broken ribs he got during the game against the Panthers so they have to use Kolb as the back up since Vick is not available until week 3.

Talk about key injuries to teams. Brady's big return is tonight, let's see how he reacts to being pressure. T.O. has his debut as a Bill tonight.

I know this may make some of you angry, but.........

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Go Chargers with Philip Rivers, make Wolfpack nation proud!!

Wow. The Bears have lost Urlacher for the season. It seems he dislocated his right wrist during the game last night and now he has gone under season ending surgery to repair it.

The Eagles are without McNabb for at least 2 weeks due to a broken ribs he got during the game against the Panthers so they have to use Kolb as the back up since Vick is not available until week 3.

Talk about key injuries to teams. Brady's big return is tonight, let's see how he reacts to being pressure. T.O. has his debut as a Bill tonight.

Apparently they dont like their chances with Kolb... Just announced on Monday Night Countdown that Philly just signed Jeff Garcia.  I'll see if I can find a link on yahoo or something like that for it.. but "Breaking News" according to Sportscenter.  How many damn QBs do they need? First Vick, now Garcia.. McNabb must feel real loved out there in Philly.

I am waiting on that Chargers game. I got Rivers on my fantasy team and I personally like Rivers as a player. He is one of those players who is firey. If he got some top notch receivers, I bet his numbers would go through the roof. He is going to have a big night tonight against the Raiders and LT is going to run all over the Raiders' defense. It will be a very high scoring game on the side of the Chargers.

[quote name='TarheelMike wrote:

fallen_apostle']Peterson 1-0. Got the job done today v. the Browns.

I like it.

Fixed. 

Haha very true. Probably the way the season will go. Peterson we live and die by!

Such a good running back. And we drafted him like 6th or 7th. What teams would have passed him up now? None. 

I am waiting on that Chargers game. I got Rivers on my fantasy team and I personally like Rivers as a player. He is one of those players who is firey. If he got some top notch receivers, I bet his numbers would go through the roof. He is going to have a big night tonight against the Raiders and LT is going to run all over the Raiders' defense. It will be a very high scoring game on the side of the Chargers.
I have Rivers on my fantasy team as well.  I hope he does well, and even without a SB ring I still think he's better then Eli.  If he had gotten as good a team around him as the Giants he surely would have won a SB by now.  San Diego is getting better and better and they will win one soon with Rivers at the helm.

So many Wolfpack players in the NFL now I have a hard time keeping track of them all.  Cotchery in NY, Holt now in Jax, too many defensive guys to name.. River in SD.  Get to root for the Wolfpack on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.. Love it! Go Chargers! Show the Raiders who's boss!

I guess it really is better to be lucky then good.... Bills lead all game long, Brady struggling against the D... One horrible mistake (never should have returned that kick.. start at the 20 and run the clock down) and Buffalo literally hands the game to the Pats.... Wow... After the missed 2 pointer and being down by 5 and needing the TD and not the FG the game should have been over.. Ball control... What a huge mistake costs them the game... Slugfest down to the wire decided by 1 point.

And now.. on to the nightcap.. the Chargers and Raiders.

I guess it really is better to be lucky then good.... Bills lead all game long, Brady struggling against the D... One horrible mistake (never should have returned that kick.. start at the 20 and run the clock down) and Buffalo literally hands the game to the Pats.... Wow... After the missed 2 pointer and being down by 5 and needing the TD and not the FG the game should have been over.. Ball control... What a huge mistake costs them the game... Slugfest down to the wire decided by 1 point.

That was one the ugliest most awsomest wins ever.  Buffalo is a cursed city.

Pats defense is missing its vets and Brady looked very tentative at times.  On to week 2.

I think it was Tedy Bruschi's ego that bumped into Mckelvin and made him fumble the ball and I'd rather watch the teletubbies 1 million times than watch that again.

Enjoy the gift TSA, Buffalo will be fighting for the division this year

I think it was Tedy Bruschi's ego that bumped into Mckelvin and made him fumble the ball and I'd rather watch the teletubbies 1 million times than watch that again.

Thank you, I will.   Teletubbies...really? What are you guys into up there in Buffalo?  laugh.gif

Buffalo looked very solid Quince, and a decisive win last night would have done wonders for their confidence moving forward.  Your QB looked crushed in the post game press conference but they'll pick themselves up for next week, lots of good things to build on.  Same for the Pats, Brady got that 1st game out of the way and now just needs to get in sync with his offense.  Overall, that was a great game if you're a football fan and the ESPN crew got their money's worth.

Thank you, I will.   Teletubbies...really? What are you guys into up there in Buffalo?  laugh.gif

Buffalo looked very solid Quince, and a decisive win last night would have done wonders for their confidence moving forward.  Your QB looked crushed in the post game press conference but they'll pick themselves up for next week, lots of good things to build on.  Same for the Pats, Brady got that 1st game out of the way and now just needs to get in sync with his offense.  The Pat's defense didnt look much better than they did in preseason but with all the new faes, its going to be a work in progress. 

Overall, that was a great game if you're a football fan and the ESPN crew got their money's worth.

Awesome games last night....  Still can't believe the Bills threw it away like that sick.gif

Awesome games last night....  Still can't believe the Bills threw it away like that sick.gif

Yeah.. it just goes to show how a good team will make you pay for turnovers.  One mistake cost them the game after pretty much dominating the first half.  NE started to come back in the second, but a stalled drive, a missed field goal and a INT returned for a TD.. it didn't look good for NE in the first half at all.  I'm sure he got ripped good in the locker room.. cause there was no need to return it at all.  Who cares if you start at the 20 or the 35 if all you're going to do is run it up the gut and let the clock run... bad bad mistake.  Not only did he not have any blockers, but he started 3 yards deep in the endzone.. take a knee! Bad situational awareness...

I don't know what to say about the Oakland/SD game.  I mean Oakland played really well, and San Diego played really bad, and yet SD still wins... What it must feel like to be an Oakland fan.  0.250 winning percentage the last 6 years and then you have a game firmly in your grasp and still lose? Wow... Those first couple of drives where Oakland drove it well, and then had an interception, a 10 play drive with a TD, and then another 10 play drive but fumble.  7-0 Oakland could have been 21-0 but two turnovers cost them.  SD came back and made em pay with 2 TDs in the 4th quarter for the win.

... cause there was no need to return it at all.  Who cares if you start at the 20 or the 35 if all you're going to do is run it up the gut and let the clock run... bad bad mistake.  Not only did he not have any blockers, but he started 3 yards deep in the endzone.. take a knee! Bad situational awareness...

Yeah, he probably should've taken a knee, but I'm not gonna rip him for that decision.  I kinda liked the strategy myself, because if he ran six seconds off the clock, he effectively was going to take a timeout away from New England.  (Clock stops after kick return anyway, and that would've been the two minute warning.)  Then, after three handoffs to Jackson, the Pats are out of timeouts, and at worst, a punt puts them back on their own 30 with 1:25 or so to go the length of the field.

The mistake was not going down as soon as the coverage team got down there.  The extra three yeards McKelvin was fighting for were going to make ZERO difference.

If I was dumb enough to be a Bills fan, there would've been broken inanimate objects at my house last night.  I hope Brady and Belichick send Buffalo a thank you card.

Now that is what I expect from a good football game or two. Regardless if the offense was struggling or was it the great defense, it came down to the last two minutes or so in the game for the teams to win the game.

I am still scratching my head as to why LT wasn't in the game at the end especially when it was on the line. Don't get me wrong, that little spark plug Darren Sproles added that necessary spark to win the game.

It was a great game, Brady looked a little timid in the pocket which kinda suprised me. I thought he would've tryed to make a statement by throwing the long ball all night becuase Moss has had his way with the Bills before.

And instead of throwing objects around the house some Bills fans did this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4476626

Wow, thats sad.

I am still scratching my head as to why LT wasn't in the game at the end especially when it was on the line. Don't get me wrong, that little spark plug Darren Sproles added that necessary spark to win the game.

Me too.  I thought Tomlinson only sat out crunch time in January.

You know.. this Micheal Crabtree stuff is getting out of hand. How does this young guy think he's helping himself? Is he deluded enough to think if he waits till next years draft he will go #1 overall? He's going to miss a whole year of playing time, no one wants a management problem/headache and he's gonna be competing against a whole new crop of receivers. He was the second or third WR taken this year, there could be 3 or 4 better then him next year. Plus they just said on Sportscenter he won't be able to work out for other teams since the 49ers will own his rights. There's not a GM in the league that's going to touch this guy.. no one wants another T.O. Sign the contract and play now or don't play at all.

Contract holdouts can sometimes work in a players favor but this is just ridiculous. Let me take a whole year off and then get redrafted when I'm out of shape. Hello 3rd round and 1.5 million guaranteed when you coulda had 16+. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Just love a guy who thinks he is all that a more when he hasn't play a freakin' down in the NFL. Dude, until you have caught a pass in the NFL and scored your 1st TD, you ain't nothing but a unemployed person waiting a huge contract that your overpaid agent has promised you and the team owning your rights ain't giving you.

I will take a guy who is drafted in the last two rounds and works their butts off to make the team, doesn't complain about what they make. Crabtree needs to be thankful he was selected in the 1st round and be happy with the offer he received, sign the dang contract, and get on the field to play the game, he claims "to love."

If he waits til next season, he ain't going to get the type of money they are offering and he will be known as T.O. jr. No one wants a cancer like him on their team.

As for the LT situation, it seems LT sprained the ankle sometime in the 4th quarter that is why we saw Sproles on the 4th quarter. I like this little guy, can take a hit, run like the wind. He is someone I would love to have the Panthers. Runs back punts and kick offs.