The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

105,000 in Cowboys Stadium. Wow... Figure a lowball estimate of 200$ each for tickets and food.. 20 million dollars in revenue. Higher end estimate probably around 50 million (500$ per person).

8 home games at 50 million each is $400,000,000. Add in tv advertising, jersey sales, other logo'd stuff... Yeah.. I'd say they can pay for the stadium.

WOW.

The Miami defense, after being on the field less than FIFTEEN MINUTES for the entire game, lets the Colts score in 32 seconds to give the lead away... and then Ted Ginn drops his second TD of the night to blow the game altogether.

It's nights like these that make me wonder why I cheer for this team.

The Miami defense, after being on the field less than FIFTEEN MINUTES for the entire game, lets the Colts score in 32 seconds to give the lead away... and then Ted Ginn drops his second TD of the night to blow the game altogether.

It's nights like these that make me wonder why I cheer for this team.

If the Pats defense doesn't pick it up soon, Miami will still be in it for the division title.  *sigh*

So fallen, still not happy to have Favre on your team?

I really wish Carolina played the Packers twice during the year.  I'd kill for Favre in a Panthers jersey.

haha no comment Frog. 49ers are a solid team for sure...but wow Brett being Brett and it's exactly why we wanted him so badly. Wins always help smooth things over, so here's to us being 3-0. 

And the Panthers play tomorrow against Dallas, right? Dallas ain't great, so.....

Whether or not Dallas is great is irrelevant.  I want 3 things out of tomorrow's game:

1. Williams runs for 100 yards, preferably a touchdown as well.

2. Delhomme throws at least 2 INTs.

3. We hit the scoreboard at least twice.

Whether or not Dallas is great is irrelevant.  I want 3 things out of tomorrow's game:

1. Williams runs for 100 yards, preferably a touchdown as well.

2. Delhomme throws at least 2 INTs.

3. We hit the scoreboard at least twice.

Add a win to that and I'll be happy.  Regardless of how "bad" Dallas may be.. I don't think Carolina can hang with them unless we fix some serious mistakes.  A couple picks, a couple fumbles and the game is over.  But at least we wont be the only playoff team from last year 0-3.. what happened to the Titans? Wow...

How bout them Lions! LOL.. Jim Zorn is FIRMLY in the hot seat now...

New Orleans is 3-0, but they don't have a division win yet, so ironically at 0-3 Carolina wouldn't be out of the mix yet.  Is division record what counts to win the division or is it just a tie breaker for the overall record?  If the second case is true then we probably would already be toast.  If we can make it through tonight, we might have the chance to string a few wins together with the next 4 games against losing teams, we have the deadskins followed by the bucs, then buffalo and arizona before we crack heads with 3-0 New Orleans.  The second half of the season is still horrible though.. @Jets (3-0), @NE (2-1), Minnesota (3-0), @Giants (3-0), New Orleans (3-0).  I'm sure those teams will lose a few games between now and then but they will still be good teams.  Carolina had the second hardest schedule this year and it SHOWS! Ouch...

Hope all is well with everyone. I finally made it over here.

My Broncos are 3-0 and are shocking me. Next week is tough vs Dallas.

Great win by NE yesterday. I thought they were in trouble.

Good luck to the Panthers tonight

Hope all is well with everyone. I finally made it over here.

Good to see you, Medford. And yea your Broncos are thrilling some people haha. 

Sometimes I love ESPN announcers.

We start the drive at the 10, they go to commercial break: "Delhomme loves pressure situations"

I yell at the TV: "The last time he was in a pressure situation, he threw 5 INTs!"

Shortly after: "Delhomme, tries for Smith, INTERCEPTED!"

And no one in the world is surprised.

I can just see an upcoming trade headline involving the two NFL teams I cheer for:

"The Cleveland Browns trade QB Derek Anderson to the Carolina Panthers for QB Jake Delhomme."

And all around northern Ohio and the Carolinas you hear a loud noise as fans simultaneously smack their foreheads...

I can just see an upcoming trade headline involving the two NFL teams I cheer for:

"The Cleveland Browns trade QB Derek Anderson to the Carolina Panthers for QB Jake Delhomme."

And all around northern Ohio and the Carolinas you hear a loud noise as fans simultaneously smack their foreheads...

Depends, how much does anderson make... LOL

I have defended Jake in the past, but I don't know how people who make much, much, more money then I do, and work with sports for a living did not see what every single breathing american had saw at the end of last season. He is done imo. I would love to eat my words, but I think he is done.

Anderson makes $8 mil to Delhomme's $6 mil. Not sure how many years each has left. Though I'd have to say their interception stats probably put them even closer in value. Both are known for some good play, yet also completely giving the game away. Sadly, this might be something very possible and not just a joke like I meant it to be.

Just read a blog on Yahoo earlier today suggesting that the Browns simply get rid of the QB position and play without one altogether. laugh.gif

My confusion lies with why we've gone sooo far off the run game. Williams had 11 attempts that game, averaging almost 6 yards a carry. That's far too little attempts for a run-heavy team that we are, and in such a close game throughout.

And I'd be willing to bet the run game would work even better if we didn't have such a predictable pattern of offense.

1st down: Delhomme's going to fake the handoff, then try to complete a pass. He'll either fail or it'll be a measly 2-yard toss.

2nd down: We're going to hold up a flashing neon sign that says 'We're running the ball!', then proceed to run the ball.

3rd down: Delhomme's going to try and throw it to Smith. It'll most likely go well short of the intended location, so make sure your CBs have loose coverage.

It kinda made sense last night, yeah he made an amazing comeback last year and took us to the playoffs and all that nonsense.. but he hasnt been the same since the arm surgery. When they mentioned that I thought.. maybe he is done.... Of course last night wasn't all Jakes fault. The defense is horrible. Fire Meeks.. you have the best defense in the league for 10 years and you CHANGE IT?!?! What is he smoking? The 4-3 is obviously not working.. Peppers for whatever reason can't get around the TEs and RBs. Switch back to a 3-4, get Pepps on the inside (if he even gives a rats hiney to play anymore, which is a different story) and blitz the OLBs and bring 5 every play and make the QBs scramble... that leads too picks and sacks.. oh right.. exactly what the anemic Dallas D did to us last night. No turnovers and no picks all season... oops... 2 picks, a fumble and a couple sacks last night. *Sheesh*

Our defense sucks.. we get behind and then Jake tries to work his miracles that aren't miracles anymore. If we could get ahead and he could manage the game we would be fine.

Icefrog has a point.. we are a RUNNING team... run the ball!! %!$!! it.. bring in Bill Cowher.. he knows how to coach smashmouth football.

[quote name='fallen_apostle wrote:

medfordcaniac7']Hope all is well with everyone. I finally made it over here.

Good to see you, Medford. And yea your Broncos are thrilling some people haha. 

Thanks FA. I just hope they continue next week vs Dallas. It is going to get much harder for them.

As for the Panthers, its time to bench Dellome. He is just not good anymore. He got

a contract extension, what does he have dirty pics of John Foxlaugh.gif

That was a very entertaining game Medford.  I had a feeling the Broncos would pull it off because Dallas can never seem to pull off that game winning miracle.

Pats/Broncos should be epic.  I like what Im seeing with the Pats and put my trust in Belichik.  Brady is looking stronger and more confident each game and the young defense is showing signs of coming together.  Having Wes Welker and Sammy Morris sure doesn't hurt and the defense still does have a long way to go but overall, I like what I'm seeing.  For many NFL teams this would be a re-building year with all those young players but for the Pats, they can rebuild and stay very competitive all season, though they're still missing Richard Seymour.

Nice to see the Jets go down wink.gif

MNF was epic. Favre being Favre and Rodgers showing why he'll never be Favre. Can't blame Rodgers for all the sacks (I believe there were 8 or 9 total against the Packers), but at some point, the guy's got to have that clock go off in his head and learn to throw the ball away.

But speaking of which, how do you have a guy on your team for 14 seasons and not realize if you give him 7 and a half seconds to work with 0 pressure on him, he's going to burn you for 20 yards?