The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Yea I meant to say something last night about my Vikes...what an awesome win. Favre stepped up huge, and for a while there we absolutely dominating.

AP needs to get it going after two lackluster weeks, but still we're covered with Favre. We can go far this year...I know it.

And how about the Twin Cities this week...first the Vikes win in a big televised game and then the Twins keep the magic rolling. Great couple of days for the area, and for the fans.

:D

Has anyone seen Tom Brady?  Treat yourself to a nice big cup of DD coffee and the Globe sports section in the morning. wink.gif

Congrats Medford, your Broncos came up big and Brady went MIA.  Better tell Josh McDaniel to stop screaming at his special teams coaches :0

Has anyone seen Tom Brady?  Treat yourself to a nice big cup of DD coffee and the Globe sports section in the morning. wink.gif

Congrats Medford, your Broncos came up big and Brady went MIA.  Better tell Josh McDaniel to stop screaming at his special teams coaches ohmy.gif

I was impressed with Henne and Miami. They are better than I thought.

btw how about my Broncos. They look much better than I ever thought. I just hope for

a playoff appearance and I will be happy

59-0 ohmy.gif

Edit: Wide right again?????  What does it take for Buffalo to win? 

Has anyone ever seen so many missed field goal kicks in a season?

Not exactly reality but 59-0 in another snow bowl was a whole of fun if you're a Pats fan.  Yeah, I know I'm on my own island here.

Thank you Buffalo for finally getting it done.

Not exactly reality but 59-0 in another snow bowl was a whole of fun if you're a Pats fan.  Yeah, I know I'm on my own island here.

My Buffalo Bills Junior Varsity football team finally pulled through, be nice if the ball went wide left sometimes... and Tom Brady shows no mercy

[quote name='quince820 wrote:

TSA']Not exactly reality but 59-0 in another snow bowl was a whole of fun if you're a Pats fan.  Yeah, I know I'm on my own island here.

My Buffalo Bills Junior Varsity football team finally pulled through, be nice if the ball went wide left sometimes... and Tom Brady shows no mercy

Hello Quince, I hope you are well my friend.  Great win over the arrogant coach Rex Ryan. I was happy for you.

btw how about them Broncos, boy was I wrong. I thought they were bad. Glad I am not a prognositciator.

I just want the division now.  Last night was very sweet indeed.

[quote name='quince820 wrote:

TSA']Not exactly reality but 59-0 in another snow bowl was a whole of fun if you're a Pats fan.  Yeah, I know I'm on my own island here.

I'm with ya Bud on the Bills, once people realize we are Bills fans they know why we may panic a bit with the Canes!! Just second nature after all these years!!lol

Adrian Peterson DESTROYED that poor guy today. This was the epitome of the truck stick in Madden.

Too bad they AP out of the game after that instead of Favre, though.

Adrian Peterson DESTROYED that poor guy today. This was the epitome of the truck stick in Madden.

Too bad they AP out of the game after that instead of Favre, though.

I really feel for the Vikings, because the refs were wearing black and gold the entire game.  There was a sequence of about 3 or 4 plays, where the Vikings would get a first down, only to have it called back by a multitude of penalties (I believe it was holding, false start and illegal shift).  Then when they still manage to get the first on a beautiful catch by Rice (I believe), it's waved off saying he was out of bounds.  Luckily, it was challenged and reversed.

And then a couple key calls before the key plays of the Steelers.  It was early in the 4th, Favre throws a touchdown pass to take the lead.  It's called back because of "tripping".  Tripping?  The call that's only been made once or twice in the past two seasons?  Then the announcers take a look at the replay, count off all the offensive players, and can't find where this alleged trip happened.  But it's called back, and the very next play, a Steeler jumps a yard or two offsides before the ball is snapped and it leads to a Favre fumble-TD.

There was another call, earlier in the game I believe.  Defensive delay of game.  Something about taking too long to substitute players on the field.  Don't hear that one called too often either.  A lot of questionable calls in that game.

I hate the pats so  much.  The are like the Penguins of the NFL

Sorry but I really needed that win after watching the Canes this weekend.   That said, if the Pats don't shore up that defense, next week will be ugly.

Nice win for the Panther fans smile.gif

Pats vs Colts  GAME ON!

C'mon Pats, make it a successful double header for me today.

4th and 2 with just over 2 minutes on the clock and he goes for it???  Against almost any other team....maybe.....but Peyton Manning??? 

icon_duh.gif

What a game though.  I had a feeling the Colts had something left but I guess Belichik thought they were done.  No snow bowl for the playoffs now.

It's not so much the going for it.. but a pass? When you have Faulk and Maroney with 100 yards and a TD between them why not pound it? I agree he should have kicked it away and make Manning come 80 yards (which in the end may not have helped) but if your gonna go for it why risk an incomplete or a pick six? Just run it.. if it's short it's short.

The Cowboys had the same brain fart that cost them the Green Bay game.. 1st and Goal on the 1 (due to pass interference in the endzone) and Romo throws a pick. Why? You have 4 downs to run it 3 feet.. why pass it? Assuming the D is gonna be scared after a pass interference call? what can they do, spot it on the 1 again?

I'm glad the Panthers won, now they are only 2 games back of a wildcard with both Atlanta and Philly losing. How bout those Chargers? McNabb throws for 450 yards and 2 TDs and they lose. You won't see that often. The Saints keep marching.. wow..

4th and 2 with just over 2 minutes on the clock and he goes for it???  Against almost any other team....maybe.....but Peyton Manning??? 

icon_duh.gif

If they punted, Manning was gonna lead the Colts down the field anyway.  He'd already orchestrated 2 long TD drives in less than 2 minutes in the 4th quarter... and that was without using timeouts, which he still had two at his disposal.  I mean, yeah, you don't KNOW that, but I think the odds of New England converting TWO YARDS was better than the Pats stopping Manning over sixty yards.

Strangely enough, I think Belichick made the right call, even if it backfired.