The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

[quote name='TarheelMike wrote:

TSA']4th and 2 with just over 2 minutes on the clock and he goes for it???  Against almost any other team....maybe.....but Peyton Manning??? 

icon_duh.gif

If they punted, Manning was gonna lead the Colts down the field anyway.  He'd already orchestrated 2 long TD drives in less than 2 minutes in the 4th quarter... and that was without using timeouts, which he still had two at his disposal.  I mean, yeah, you don't KNOW that, but I think the odds of New England converting TWO YARDS was better than the Pats stopping Manning over sixty yards.

Strangely enough, I think Belichick made the right call, even if it backfired.

I kind of agree.  The Pats defense over achieved the first half of that game and it was obvious the "real" defense had emerged by the 4th quarter.  Belichik doesn't mind gambling and I would assume gambled on the more likely of the two, that being Brady.  It didn't work this time but it tells you everything you need to know about his confidence in the defense.

Colts still undefeated and the Saints have rallied to tie Washington and send it into Overtime. 16-0 coming? stay tuned.

Both teams still undefeated. Colts I can understand because they seem to do this every year before losing at least one but the Saints?, where in the world did they come from?

Colts now 14-0. I was hoping the Jaguars would take care of them tonight and end their perfection bid but to no avail. I at least hope the Cowboys will with the Saints Saturday.

Pats clinch but I'm still not convinced the defence is ready for the playoffs.  Tough call on who I'd like to see win the Indy/Jets game.

Really tough break for the Panthers losing Steve Smith but great win against Eli and Co.

At least the good news with the Smith injury is we only have one game left and we should still win against the "resting" Saints. Not that it matters since 8-8 is not good enough, but most of us know why that happened.

Now that the Panthers are out, time to switch to pulling for Rivers and the Chargers. Would love to see him finally get his ring which is the only thing Ben and Eli have that he doesn't. I'll be keeping an eye on the Eagles in the NFC but the Chargers are definitely my AFC team.

I would love for the Saints to make it to the superbowl and give some more evidence to the strength of the NFC South, but it looks like they will lose in the first round the way they have played the last two weeks. Lose to Tampa Bay? Even if they rested the starters, which I'm not sure if they did, but to be undefeated, then take your first loss.. that's ok.. but then lose to the 2 win Bucs? Wow.. you should beat them even with second teamers. Was the Cowboys beat down a major stumbling block for the saints? they haven't recovered, and will probably play second strings against the Panthers this weekend.

No perfection this year. Who do you all like in the playoffs? I personally think the Saints will be a one-and-done. I'm rooting mostly for the Chargers although I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys do well.

This is pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXE9At35LKM

Also: http://www.nationalfootba...move-to-Los-Angeles.html Quite interesting coming from someone who played for them. Personally I think they should move. They've been a pretty decent team and still have blackouts almost every Sunday, as well as that area just seems more interested in College ball anyway. Problem is if they do move to LA, it screws up the divisions, unless KC goes to the AFC South. Or maybe they move to San Antonio, stay in the division and start an instant rivalry with the Texans, speaking of whom, I like them cause of Mario Williams but could their name be anymore generic?

Ugh  sad.gif

Wes Welker out with a knee injury in the first drive of the game and Brady playing with 3 broken ribs.  That, combined with the fact a Pop Warner team could run through the Pat's defense isnt making me feel too good about the playoffs. 

With that said, go Jets!  I'd much rather have the Jets next week over the Steelers.

Saints have now lost 3 in a row. As said earlier, I think they will be a one and done in the playoffs. Colts may be facing the same fate w/ the way they played against Buffalo today. 

In other news the Falcons put together back-to-back winning seasons for the first time ever in their 44 year history, but still miss the playoffs.

-Welker with a possible ACL *and* MCL tear...absolutely terrible if it's true. Last guy it should happen too

-Houston beat the Pats! Wow can't believe they stepped up against a good team

-Vikes finally win again! Of course being at home makes it less worthy. On the road is where it needs to happen.

-Welker with a possible ACL *and* MCL tear...absolutely terrible if it's true. Last guy it should happen too

-Houston beat the Pats! Wow can't believe they stepped up against a good team

-Vikes finally win again! Of course being at home makes it less worthy. On the road is where it needs to happen.

Wes Welker has a confirmed ACL tear. 

Edit: ESPN is reporting ACL and MCL

crying-smiley-sad-male-cry-tears-smiley-

If this doesn't motivate the Cowboys to destroy the Eagles again Saturday, I don't know what will. I personally can't stand the Eagles and would like to see them go down.

The Cowboys have sufficiently destroyed the Eagles.  Wow, didnt see that coming.

Not having good feelings about the Pats tomorrow.  Doesn't matter how good Brady looks, the defense can't stop ANYTHING!

*sigh*

I expected the Ravens offense to run through the Pat's defense, but I didn't expect their defense to completely shut down the Pat's offense.

sad.gif

At least now they can rebuild the defense for next season.  Can't decide who I'm rooting for now...hnmm.

While I hate games to have officiating controversy, this Chicagolander just want to celebrate the Packers demise!!

Now, on to next Sunday when the Cowboys go into Minnesota and thrash Fa, vvvvv, ra!!!

Wow 2 huge either no calls or missed calls @ the end of the Packers/Cards game could have or did change the outcome. The helmet to helmet hit on Rogers (no call) and the facemask penalty(nocall) on Rogers on the last play of the game. Hard to believe 2 BIGTIME infractions were let go. I am not a Fan really of either team so i am not saying this to get a "homer" call. IMO not good for the NFL. Other NFL QB'S would have gotten both of those calls 100% of the time!!

*sigh*

I expected the Ravens offense to run through the Pat's defense, but I didn't expect their defense to completely shut down the Pat's offense.

sad.gif

At least now they can rebuild the defense for next season.  Can't decide who I'm rooting for now...hnmm.

Oh you know your a Colts fan now :P

[quote name='legend-1 wrote:

TSA']
*sigh*

sad.gif

Oh you know your a Colts fan now :P

You know better than that, haha.  I think its pretty safe to assume I've eliminated the Colts and the Jets as my bandwagon teams for the playoffs wink.gif

I'm thinking Arizona, but I still haven't decided. 

Bye bye Eagles. Jets-Chargers next week. I'm rooting more for the Chargers, but the Jets do have Jerricho Cotchery. The Jets really look on a roll, Cincinnati looked bewildered by them. Ravens IMO will lose to the Colts but will challenge them all the way to the end.

In the NFC I'm standing by my prediction that the Saints will be a one and done. Vikings might be facing the same fate unless Favre and Peterson can upend the Cowboys D.

All right, Cards and Saints getting ready to go at it, later tonight it's Colts-Ravens. I'm standing by my prediction of the Cardinals upsetting the Saints. I think the Colts will win but barely. Let us see what happens.

Update: Boy the Saints sure don't look like a one-and-done team as of right now. 

Update 2: Man I'm glad i didn't make my Saints prediction in an NFL message board, I'd be paying hell for it right now. So to any Saints fans that might be reading this, you have my sincerest apology for thinking your team was going to choke. Now it's the Colts turn to not fall victim to the one and done against Ray Lewis and the Ravens.

Ok if no one else is going to say it I will. Go Chargers! Cowboys look bewildered.

Update: Now with Dallas gone, the Chargers have my full support.