The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

I'm completely torn today with watching the Panthers and Chargers... I want the panthers to win, but I can't help myself cheering if Rivers throws a TD or something.. LOL.. I want Rivers to do good, as long as he doesnt win the game.. I'm not sure Carolina can get a win IN SD anyway.. so I may be cheering Rivers to a win against my Panthers... *sigh*.. what can ya do?

I'm completely torn today with watching the Panthers and Chargers... I want the panthers to win, but I can't help myself cheering if Rivers throws a TD or something.. LOL.. I want Rivers to do good, as long as he doesnt win the game.. I'm not sure Carolina can get a win IN SD anyway.. so I may be cheering Rivers to a win against my Panthers... *sigh*.. what can ya do?

Why not, SD is banged up the Panthers can win this game IF they play their best.

I want the Panthers to win or at least cova ;)

I hope they can pull it out.. they need a good start... they played well in the preseason.. beating Indy with backups and plastering Washington..giving up the loss to the Eagle was bad, but it was the 4th quarter and the 4th stringers were in, so it may be meaningless and the loss to Pittsburgh wasnt too awful. I'm a little worried that Steve Smith's stupidity may cost us the first two games with him sitting at home watching on TV, but if our opponents in the first two weeks struggle against the run we have a good chance to win both games. Williams is a great runner, and Stewart has had flashes of brilliance too, although he is 3rd string and may not play. Muhammed and Jarret are both really good.. strangely they have Jarret as the backup to Moose, and have Hackett as WR1 starter.. I dont know if Hackett is good, but I assume he is to win the starting job. I'm sure they will play a lot of 3 WR sets with Moose, Jarret and Hackett. *big fingers crossed that Delhomme can be healthy all season*...

I'd love to see Moose light up Chicago in week 2. I dont think they utlilized him well there, and I'm glad he's back with us.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o:o:o:o

Edit: I know the world hates the Pats but you have to admit that was a pretty gutsy win. They lose Brady in the first quarter and it all came down to 1st and goal on the 5 yard line for KC. Pats stop them not 4, but 5 times for the win with 37 seconds left on the clock. I didnt have much faith in Cassel but Im pleasantly suprised.

Go Dolphins.

HORRIBLE call against the Panthers... what a screw up.. Rivers throws an illegal forward pass, they reviewed it, they STILL give SD the first down, and the next play which should have been a punt is a 44 yard pass for a TD... obviously the defense was confused.. they did thier job and were headed off the field.. what a blown call.. Carolina defense is playing great.. score should be 9-0... (of course if they handed the ball to Williams on the 1 instead of that stupid pass to hoover it would be 13-0)...

Typical NFL... Ref's call decides a game, not a play on the field.. hope Carolina can hold on for the win.

BRADY UPDATE: Peter King just said he has been told it's a "serious injury to his left knee" that "threatens the rest of his season."

Pats fans can now go vomit in the corner - just clean it up after you do.

Great win by the Panthers this afternoon, Delhomme really impressed me with his new shoulder. And then he scared the *edit* outta me not calling the timeout with :16 left. Big win today, it just sucks it was over Rivers and the Charge.

BRADY UPDATE: Peter King just said he has been told it's a "serious injury to his left knee" that "threatens the rest of his season."

Pats fans can now go vomit in the corner - just clean it up after you do.

Other sites are saying its a torn ACL-out for seaon. Excuse me as I go vomit in the corner now. :(

*holds out hope till the Pats officially report it*

OH MY GOD

This is either the best or worst thing possible for the NFL, its fans, and other teams, depending on the affiliation. Unbelievable if it turns out that he's gone for the season.

Almost sickening really, and I'm not even remotely close to being a Patriots fan.

OH MY GOD

This is either the best or worst thing possible for the NFL, its fans, and other teams, depending on the affiliation. Unbelievable if it turns out that he's gone for the season.

Almost sickening really, and I'm not even remotely close to being a Patriots fan.

I could probably guess that the teams in the AFC East are pretty happy about it.

Great win by the Panthers this afternoon, Delhomme really impressed me with his new shoulder. And then he scared the *edit* outta me not calling the timeout with :16 left. Big win today, it just sucks it was over Rivers and the Charge.

I know.. same here.. great comeback.. but how do you end that game with 1 timeout left you didnt use?? They could used it and had a shot on 3rd and 4th downs.. as it was, 3rd down was the end of the game... lucky lucky catch.. didnt have another shot at it..

On a side note.. I think its interesting for last second touchdowns or OT touchdowns like that they dont kick the extra point.. I know its a meaningless point.. but point differential makes a difference and you would think a 2 point win would look more favorable then a 1 point win.. I guess they consider it tacking on and dont do it..

As far as Brady, I'm not even a pats fan, but I hope its not serious.. it didnt look like a hard hit but that is always decieving.. if he's out for the season that will be a huge blow to the Patriots. After Delhomme last year, I can certainly sympathise... that flushed our season down the toilet.

Brady has a scheduled MRI tomorrow, that's when the official prognosis will come. Till then....Im crossing my fingers.

Brady has a scheduled MRI tomorrow, that's when the official prognosis will come. Till then....Im crossing my fingers.

Heh. The Patriots are in the hands of Fate now.

Ironic, isn't it? The team that wins just about every time they step on the field, never having too many injuries and the like. The team that never has to rely on luck or anything, instead just relying on itself and the greatness that follows.

Well I do believe that the Patriots could use a little luck now. Very, very ironic.

I know.. same here.. great comeback.. but how do you end that game with 1 timeout left you didnt use?? They could used it and had a shot on 3rd and 4th downs.. as it was, 3rd down was the end of the game... lucky lucky catch.. didnt have another shot at it..

On a side note.. I think its interesting for last second touchdowns or OT touchdowns like that they dont kick the extra point.. I know its a meaningless point.. but point differential makes a difference and you would think a 2 point win would look more favorable then a 1 point win.. I guess they consider it tacking on and dont do it..

They used the timeout - just not wisely. Rather than use it with 20 seconds left and the clock running, they ran another play and got the clock stopped with 6 seconds left, then hit the little slant route and called the timeout with 2 seconds left. Had they called it when they should have, they would've had an extra shot at the end zone - good thing they didn't need it.

And they DID kick the extra point, cause the final was 26-24. I just don't think they showed it. In the NFL, you have to tack on the PAT if the game ends in regulation. (A blocked PAT and a return would've been two points and the game for SD.) In college, you don't attempt the PAT unless you have to.

They used the timeout - just not wisely. Rather than use it with 20 seconds left and the clock running, they ran another play and got the clock stopped with 6 seconds left, then hit the little slant route and called the timeout with 2 seconds left. Had they called it when they should have, they would've had an extra shot at the end zone - good thing they didn't need it.

And they DID kick the extra point, cause the final was 26-24. I just don't think they showed it. In the NFL, you have to tack on the PAT if the game ends in regulation. (A blocked PAT and a return would've been two points and the game for SD.) In college, you don't attempt the PAT unless you have to.

Yeah.. I just saw the score watching the Indy game.. I stand corrected. I dont know if they use the points for "rankings" or "voting" like would be the case in college.. I think in the Pros its a little more cut and dry with just wins and losses, but I knew that 1 point was important. And yeah, I forgot about the opportunity to block it and return it... Obviously in OT if one team hits a FG and the other team gets a TD then its irrevelant.

I could probably guess that the teams in the AFC East are pretty happy about it.

As much as I hate Tom Brady/everything about the New England Patriots orginization you never want to see a player go down to injury, especially a player of his quality.

I just curious to see what that cough genius coach cough does since he doesn't have golden boy and his camera crew. This is just Karma catching back up to them for everything they've done.

Go Bills

As much as I hate Tom Brady/everything about the New England Patriots orginization you never want to see a player go down to injury, especially a player of his quality.

I just curious to see what that cough genius coach cough does since he doesn't have golden boy and his camera crew. This is just Karma catching back up to them for everything they've done.

Go Bills

Brady was a 6th round bench warmer when Bledsoe went down. Im just saying... (me, being optimistic).

You're right though, we'll really see what Bellichek is made of now.

Yeah.. I just saw the score watching the Indy game.. I stand corrected. I dont know if they use the points for "rankings" or "voting" like would be the case in college.. I think in the Pros its a little more cut and dry with just wins and losses, but I knew that 1 point was important. And yeah, I forgot about the opportunity to block it and return it... Obviously in OT if one team hits a FG and the other team gets a TD then its irrevelant.

If the point spread was Carolina -1.5, it would ABSOLUTELY relevant. But it wasn't today... thank goodne$$.

Please don't ever say the word Bledsoe...lol

I'm sure you already know but you have one of the best WR ever, Welker, Maroney, an amazing O-Line ,an old but good Defense. Cassel just has to manage the game not to lose it rather than go out and win it and he has the supporting cast to do it

This Bills Pats game on December 28th could mean a whole lot more than I thought it would before. Division Title? :unsure: