The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Well things aren't looking too good for San Diego. At least the Jets have Jerricho Cotchery playing for them, otherwise I'd be pretty bummed right now. I guess if they win I'll root for them but man getting by the Colts is going to be a tough task, esp. since the Jets ended the Colts perfection bid.

Edit: Final, Jets 17 Chargers 14. Man I feel bad for San Diego sports fans. But I guess now I'll be backing the Jets since I don't see any NC State guys on the Saints, Vikings, or Colts roster. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess jets proving very good running game and great  defense does win.. looking like giants of 2007... rooting for saints in nfc.. so  glad cowgirls lost

I can't root for the Jets, I feel like they have no business being in the playoffs and they were handed a free win at the end to get them in whereas another team had to face a team not benching their starters which is completely unfair.

However I can root for the Colts, Saints and Vikings and each makes me happy. I think the Vikings and Jets are done this week though. 

Well things aren't looking too good for San Diego. At least the Jets have Jerricho Cotchery playing for them, otherwise I'd be pretty bummed right now. I guess if they win I'll root for them but man getting by the Colts is going to be a tough task, esp. since the Jets ended the Colts perfection bid.

Edit: Final, Jets 17 Chargers 14. Man I feel bad for San Diego sports fans. But I guess now I'll be backing the Jets since I don't see any NC State guys on the Saints, Vikings, or Colts roster. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if he's a starter but DeMario Pressley plays for New Orleans. Wiki says no regular season appearances, but maybe he's played this year.. and he's from Greensboro.

I like Cotchery but I am disappointed the Chargers lost.. I wanted Rivers to get his ring and join Manning and Big Ben from the class of 04.

I think the NFL is going to get their Marquee matchup of Farve vs Manning. 

You're right, I forgot about Pressley. So if the Saints win it'll be good too I guess. Interesting note, no New Orleans sports team (major league) have ever advanced to the championship round in their respected sports, that could change tomorrow. So I guess I'll root for a Saints-Jets matchup so at least one Wolfpacker will get a super bowl ring.

If the Vikings can screw up that much and still take it to OT I feel like the Vikings were the better team.

On another note I was reminded what pisses me off more then a NHL shootout...a NFL overtime. Seriously, you win the coin flip you win the game. Why play? Should make it that you have to score a TD and eliminate the field goal in OT with how far people can kick these days you can be at midfield and win.

As a Pats fan, I wanted both the Colts and Jets to lose.   That said, I'd rather see the Colts in the Superbowl anyday.

Go Saints smile.gif

I hope this means Favre will retire and this time make it for good. Of course I'm not holding my breath.

The Saints have my support for SB44. The Colts have won a recent SB and their fans complain about everything on their fan forum. They don't seem to realize how good they have had it over the years. Plus it would mean a Wolfpacker gets a SB ring.

Geaux Saints.

If I was a Vikings fan i'd be consoling Brett and trying to get him back next year, as long as their next in line is Travaris *shivers* jackson.... their screwed. It's kinda amazing what happened by inserting a guy who knows what to do at QB did for that team that otherwise woulda finished  7-9 if that.

If the Vikings can screw up that much and still take it to OT I feel like the Vikings were the better team.

On another note I was reminded what pisses me off more then a NHL shootout...a NFL overtime. Seriously, you win the coin flip you win the game. Why play? Should make it that you have to score a TD and eliminate the field goal in OT with how far people can kick these days you can be at midfield and win.

I've always had this same opinion.. I hate sudden death, but it kinda surprised me when they said that the team winning the coin toss was only 9-7.  Crazy.. Look at the Packers.. won the toss, fumbled it, other team wins.  Even with defensive scores like that, I'm surprised that many of the "go first" teams lost.

I wonder how many Panther's fans are split between whether to root for or against the Saints? Root for your conference and your division, or root against your hated division rival?  Personally I would have rooted for the NFC team regardless, so I will concur with the Geaux Saints!

I think it would be great to see a team win in their first ever trip to the Big Game.  Same reason a couple years ago I was rooting for the Devil Rays to win it all on their first try.  I can't imagine what the Quarter is like now.  When I went in June 2 years ago, it was hot and not crowded since it was about 4 months after Mardi Gras and no sports going on.  It has to be rocking now.

It seems on the Panthers message boards most are rooting for the Colts. However, the general concenus is they would rather it be the Saints than either the Bucs or the Falcons. The Saints are seen as the lesser of the "3 evils" by most.

Imagine if it would have been a Saints-Jets SB? who would have gotten that right at the beginning of the season? heck even before the playoffs began?

Other note, first time since 1993 that the two #1 seeds are playing in the SB.

Captain Jacks super bowl 44 prediction:

Saints 24

Colts 21.

Brees throws game-winning TD with 43 seconds left. Manning throws 3rd down INT on Colts last ditch drive with 10 seconds to go. DeMario Pressley makes Wolfpack nation proud by sacking Manning twice after other starter injures self in the 3rd quarter. That's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it. Brees wins Super-Bowl MVP.

*Remember to predict responsibly, captain's orders*

capt,   colts  31-20   peyton  2    to    clark, one to  garcon, addi runs in in...

This is a surprise:

Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins

SI.com

"Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for thisteam," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He truly embodied all ofthe attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He hasbeen an excellent representative of this organization and the entireNational Football League both on and off the field. I look forward tohonoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all-time and hopefullysee him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day."

The trade is the boldest move to date for new Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and could spell the end in Washington for Jason Campbell, the starter for 3 1/2 seasons. Shanahan already has signed free-agent Rex Grossmanas a backup and has been actively scouting the top quarterbacksavailable in the draft, when the Redskins will have the No. 4 overallpick.

It is a surprise, especially the price being so low and inside the division too. From reading a bit it sounds like the new GM is blowing up the Eagles. But you don't usually help a major rival like that.

As a Syracuse fan, I have always followed McNabb, even though as a Giants fan I couldn't really root for him. And now with the Redskins, I still can't root for him! Wish they could have sent him out of the NFC East maybe to, oh I don't know...Charlotte?! Oh well...

Brutal loss for the Panthers.

Likely an equally brutal loss coming for the Pats at the hands of the Steelers :shifty:

Haha, I get it now. :hide:

No idea how this thread came up before the current one for me.