The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

If the point spread was Carolina -1.5, it would ABSOLUTELY relevant. But it wasn't today... thank goodne$$.

Considering the NFL's stance on gambling.. I dont think they would change the rules to help points spreads. LOL :lol:

two major upsets

and Titans look good with a 1-0 record, as the most underrated defense in football strikes again.

BRADY UPDATE: Peter King just said he has been told it's a "serious injury to his left knee" that "threatens the rest of his season."

Pats fans can now go vomit in the corner - just clean it up after you do.

As much as I cant stand the Pats, my stomach turned seeing Brady get hit on his knee

That could be my fav QB Jay Cutler or Tony Romo or anyone else I enjoy in this league.

Good luck to Brady and may he recover fast.

btw Matt Cassell still sucks. They could have lost to a Pathetic Chiefs team.

The Pats are in big big trouble. lets see if the great coach of all time, or that is

what all the Pats fans tell me BB is (he is but he is a jerk), is going to get this team to the playoffs. I doubt it

with the horrid Matt Cassell there..... I see Chris Simms, who is much better that the

putrid Cassell coming in and they have a better chance with him playing IMO

Please don't ever say the word Bledsoe...lol

I'm sure you already know but you have one of the best WR ever, Welker, Maroney, an amazing O-Line ,an old but good Defense. Cassel just has to manage the game not to lose it rather than go out and win it and he has the supporting cast to do it

This Bills Pats game on December 28th could mean a whole lot more than I thought it would before. Division Title? :unsure:

Bledsoe is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better that that Matt Cassell is.

and that O line is not amazing anymore with all the injuries to it. The Pats are in trouble and will be lucky to go 8-8.

Bledsoe is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better that that Matt Cassell is.

and that O line is not amazing anymore with all the injuries to it. The Pats are in trouble and will be lucky to go 8-8.

Lucky to go 8-8...I think that is a bit overboard, if cassell cna't do it, they'll find someone half-decent to do the job eventually, add int he weak division, I say they still sneak in the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Lucky to go 8-8...I think that is a bit overboard, if cassell cna't do it, they'll find someone half-decent to do the job eventually, add int he weak division, I say they still sneak in the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

maybe a bit ;) but their o line is in shambles already.. Cassell will struggle as he is not an NFL QB.

they were lucky to beat a pathetic Chiefs team today. I say Chris Simms signs and then starts by week 4

and leads them to a 9-7 or 10-6 record. Its a come down from 16-0. and a chance to win the Super Bowl...

dont get me wrong, I hate NE but even hate injuries more. Tom B is a class act and deserved better than

what happened to him today. THE NFL is a rough sport as any player is one good hit away from this.

just look at Carson Palmer, who has not been the same QB since his injured knee in the 05 playoffs.

Btw Cowboys fan here going back to whos a fan of what =P. GO BOYS! pwn them browns.

They looked great. I enjoyed that game thoroughly B)

I see big things this year, as long as their team stays heathly

oh ya we have a great team this year im excited to watch them play next weeks game should be a big one against the eagles. Mcnabb looked on the spot today. Against a not so good team yes... but they always play well against us thats the test right there. And my second favorite team the bears? I love seeing peyton cry =D

Sad... a year ago you could've said "made Peyton look like Eli."

It's no fun when you can't do that anymore.

Oh, and regarding the death of Tom Brady (which is what you'd think happened given the coverage of the injury) - nasty leg injuries and neck injuries are awful things to see, the awkwardness of the hit on Brady yesterday is no different. I'm FAR from a Pats fan, and while I'd like to see Brady get knocked out of every game - I want to see him start the next one. Football is a violent game, and without sounding callous, "hurt" and "injured" are two different things. You can play hurt, and unless you're Shawne Merriman, you can't play injured. This sucks for the league no matter how you slice it, but it totally changes the AFC playoff picture.

Here is Mike Lombardi's take on the Patriots:

"The Pats will need to readjust and will have to change what they are doing on offense, because no matter who is the new quarterback they won

If I was a Pats fans (which I am not) I would be more worried about how Damon Huard ripped them in the 2nd half.

They obvioiusly miss the best QB in the NFL in Brady but might miss Asante Samuel just as much. Delta Oniel saved that

game from oT and KC is not a good team and for anyone to think otherwise is fooling themselves.

IMHO the Pats will win between 9 and 11 games still but are not the best in the AFC anymore.

But Herm Edwards is the Chiefs' HC and Chan Gailey is the OC, how could the Cheifs' offense ever be bad?

If I was a Pats fans (which I am not) I would be more worried about how Damon Huard ripped them in the 2nd half.

They obvioiusly miss the best QB in the NFL in Brady but might miss Asante Samuel just as much. Delta Oniel saved that

game from oT and KC is not a good team and for anyone to think otherwise is fooling themselves.

IMHO the Pats will win between 9 and 11 games still but are not the best in the AFC anymore.

I agree, that was pretty unerving but I have to think the team was shaken to the core and was trying to muster up some confidence in Cassel.

Most of the game I was cursing O'Neil and yes, the Pats will definately be missing Asante Samuel. I do like the emergence of Sammy Morris though. Wonder what he could have done last season if he didnt get hurt.

I agree, that was pretty unerving but I have to think the team was shaken to the core and was trying to muster up some confidence in Cassel.

Most of the game I was cursing O'Neil and yes, the Pats will definately be missing Asante Samuel. I do like the emergence of Sammy Morris though. Wonder what he could have done last season if he didnt get hurt.

Really , emergence of Morris?

Cause someguy in my fantasy pool decided to offer me Morris for Michael Turner...hmmm, wonder if I should take it :rolleyes: ?

Is Chris simms gonna be the Pats new QB? this is really awkward

Really , emergence of Morris?

Cause someguy in my fantasy pool decided to offer me Morris for Michael Turner...hmmm, wonder if I should take it :rolleyes: ?

Is Chris simms gonna be the Pats new QB? this is really awkward

I like Sammy Morris ;)

Chris Simms will get a shot as will Matt Cassel but I doubt either will carry this team all season.

Paging Drew Bledsoe...Paging Doug Flutie.....Paging Dante Culpepper.....

Drew Bledsoe is the most interesting to me because it would so ironic if Bledsoe came in to replace the guy that replaced him. :blink:

Flutie is old and I have no idea what kind of shape he's in.

Culpepper just doesnt seem right for this team but he may end up the best option.

Tom Brady's Injury Will Reportedly Cost People $150 Million in Fantasy Football Losses

Posted Sep 8th 2008 1:45PM by Will Brinson/Fan House

Tom Brady's injury is a bad thing for many people on a number of levels. Bad for the Patriots in the AFC East. Bad for Brady because his knee is kind of funked. And bad for fantasy owners, because according to Darren Rovell, if Brady is out for the season, his collective ownership will lose $150 million.

Here's how the math is done.

Brady's incredible year last year, which included a record 50 touchdown passes, meant that about 50 percent of the people who drafted Brady last year won their leagues, Thomas said. With the Brady hype not bought by all, Thomas said that it was believed that about 30 percent of leagues this year would be won because of Brady.

With about $500 million in fantasy prizes on the line, that's a $150 million shift in dollars. And some think that's at the low end of the spectrum since the total value of office pools is tough to ascertain.

See, I would have had it pegged for more -- there are TONS of fantasy football leagues in which none of the prizes are monitored by any website or agency of any kind. Hell, I'm in at least ... um, zero of them. Yes, zero.

Of course, this whole fiasco -- Brady going down and ruining your fantasy football season -- could have been completely avoided had you listened to the experts at Fantasy FanHouse. We did, after all tell you not to draft Brady. Of course, in fairness we said to do that because he's overvalued and not because we have Bernard Pollard on the payroll, but still, we said it.

I get a kick out of the comment that " the Pats barely beat the lowly Chiefs". They did beat them. Cassell came in and did enough to get the win with only taking about 5% of the snaps during the week at practice. Peyton Manning didn't get the job done, Philip Rivers didn't get the job done and they took 95% of their practice snaps. The Jets didn't exactly blow the Dolphins out, the Dolphins had an oppurtunity to win that game in much the same fashion that Jake did in the Carolina game. I'm looking forward to seeing Cassell play against the Jets after a week of practice and the lions share of the snaps. Simms can't help this team, he knows jack about the offense, Tampa kept 4 QB's this year and he wasn't one of them. What does that tell you? He won't be in a Patriot uniform any time soon. Cassell owns the job and I expect that they'll bring Gutierrez back in the fold short term.

I get a kick out of the comment that " the Pats barely beat the lowly Chiefs". They did beat them. Cassell came in and did enough to get the win with only taking about 5% of the snaps during the week at practice. Peyton Manning didn't get the job done, Philip Rivers didn't get the job done and they took 95% of their practice snaps. The Jets didn't exactly blow the Dolphins out, the Dolphins had an oppurtunity to win that game in much the same fashion that Jake did in the Carolina game. I'm looking forward to seeing Cassell play against the Jets after a week of practice and the lions share of the snaps. Simms can't help this team, he knows jack about the offense, Tampa kept 4 QB's this year and he wasn't one of them. What does that tell you? He won't be in a Patriot uniform any time soon. Cassell owns the job and I expect that they'll bring Gutierrez back in the fold short term.

Thank you Slapper, glad you finally showed up. I was wondering if Gutierrez would be back since he also knows the offense and the playbook. Let Cassel and Gutierrez battle for the starting roll, imo. Listening to all the player comments, they all say that its Matt's team now.