The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Lito Sheppard shuts down T.O. and Asante Samuels slows down Witten. Eagle 24 Cowboys 11

lol how to you get 11. TD, 2 pt conversion and fg :lol:

Sorry but I say Dallas wins 31-17 as they are a better team IMHO.

lol how to you get 11. TD, 2 pt conversion and fg :lol:

Sorry but I say Dallas wins 31-17 as they are a better team IMHO.

Tight game, but Lito would have made the difference if he was allowed to play...seems he's got contract problems and been a little disruptive about it.

Dallas doesn't not appear are better, but very undisciplined. They're not ready for primetime. Eagles are ready for postseason.

Tight game, but Lito would have made the difference if he was allowed to play...seems he's got contract problems and been a little disruptive about it.

Dallas doesn't not appear are better, but very undisciplined. They're not ready for primetime. Eagles are ready for postseason.

That is your opinion. I say both are postseason teams along with the Giants

in by far the best division in football.

Good luck to Philly the rest of the way B)

lol dallas was way better. If it wasnt for the mistake that romo had there it would have been a completely different score game. and some of those calls were bs.... the pass interference call with the eagles guy holding our guy by the jersey carrying him with him.... ugh. made me want to puke. Eagles should be glad the refs call every kind of little thing against the cowboys. Its the one thing that helps teams that play against us.

How about the Miami Dolphin tromping all over the New England Patriots.. thats right, the 1-15 Dolphins whooping the 18-1 Pats... what a difference a year makes.

Blech! :mad: Good thing I went to Red/White game instead.

At least the Colts and the Steelers lost too.

you probably heard me scream when they showed the score on the jumbotron

YESSSSSS GO DOLPHINS

I guess they had to win sometime :P

tsa I even felt bad for you and my dad today. that was awful

Matt Cassel is not good but he got no help either.

since when do the pats get shredded vs the run.

also my Broncos were lucky again, I will take it but their defense

is not good. but 3-0 is 3-0. much better than last years pathetic bronco team

lastly boy do the KC Chiefs look like a minor league team, they are brutal.

OMG~I can wear the Miami jersey this week without fear of being ridiculed. It's been a while. So the Jets beat the Dolphins in Miami, the Pats beat the Jets in New York, and the Dolphins beat the Pats in Boston. What does this all mean??

3-0 Buffalo is taking the division.

Denver... man, they're fun to watch. Jay Cutler is GOOD. And to think Leinart and Young were supposed to be the marquee QB's in that draft. Love the alternate orange unis - they need to wear those all the time. Awesome game with the Saints - hated to see them lose cause I REALLY like Brees.

Regarding the Colts blowing the Jags game... I was pulling my hair out. I think BOTH coaches made some bad decisions in the waning minutes of the game:

1. Jacksonville should've went for it on 4th an goal from the 2 with 2:40 to play. A TD makes it a ten point game and the game is OVER. You get stopped and the Colts still have to go 98 yards in two minutes to win the game - a FG means OT. I trust my stud backs to get the score there, and if not, trust my defense to put the clamps on Peyton one more time. BUT... they kicked the FG, went up 20-14, and undoubtedly were going to give Indy the ball around the 30 with 2:30 to go.

2. Indy ends up with the ball inside the 5 with a minute and change to go. (So much for kicking the FG.) So what does Dungy call? A pass. And then ANOTHER! They throw the ball incomplete TWICE and run NO clock off. WHY?? Run it with Addai and make the Jags burn at least one timeout. But nope, first and second and goal take 8 seconds off the clock, Addai scores on third down, and they leave Jacksonville a minute to come back down the field - WITH ALL THREE TIMEOUTS!

So, in short - Jacksonville should've won the game... and then Indy should've won the game... and then the Jags won anyway.

What appeared to be a pretty weak lineup of games today turned out to be pretty darn good. This Sunday Night game has been pretty good thus far.

OMG~I can wear the Miami jersey this week without fear of being ridiculed. It's been a while.

Wow I've been wearing my jersey every sunday for the past few football seasons, ha except today cause of the caniac carnival. I have never felt shame wearing my jersey.

All I'm gonna say is that Panthers game sucked yesterday. They need to kick it up a notch, a BIG notch, in week 4.

Jake Dellome has to not fumble in that situation. That turned the game completely around

the panthers will be fine. they have a decent team.

My Broncos cant be stopped on offense and cant stop anyone on defense.

heart attack football. I guess they are better than last years pathetic bunch and hope they

get better on defense. At least they have KC this week, who might be the worst team in the NFL

this side of Ohio or even St Louis

A grave situation needs to be buried

By Chris Forsberg, Globe Staff | September 22, 2008

FOXBOROUGH - Legend has it there's a single unmarked cemetery plot near Gillette Stadium, where Patriots coach Bill Belichick symbolically buried a game ball following a lopsided loss to the Miami Dolphins in Week 4 of the 2001 season.

If Richard Seymour has his way, a second plot would be dug as early as today.

Following the Patriots' 38-13 drubbing at the hands of the Dolphins yesterday at Gillette, Seymour suggested New England should watch the tape, learn from it, and then possibly break out the shovels.

"We'll try to get the corrections from this film, then bury it," said Seymour. "We'll bury the tape out there on the field."

Unfortunately for Seymour, it was the Patriots' defense that got buried yesterday. Miami piled up 461 net yards (216 on the ground; 245 through the air) and 23 first downs, while scoring five touchdowns (the Patriots' defense had allowed just two touchdowns in the first two weeks of the season).

Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown played the role of undertaker by rushing for 113 yards on 17 carries, scoring a team-record four touchdowns on the ground, and passing for another score. But there were plenty of pallbearers decked in teal as the Dolphins paraded up and down the Gillette turf, scoring on five of their first seven possessions - all touchdowns.

"They kicked our butts," safety Rodney Harrison surmised.

But despite the loss, there was no panic among the defensive leaders in the New England locker room. Like Seymour, Harrison suggested the team would learn from the loss, especially with the bye week making it impossible to move on quickly.

"You never throw a game out," said Harrison. "I don't care if it's a 40-point win or a 40-point loss. You always have to learn something from it. We understand it's a long season. We're not going to blow people out. We're going to win tough games and we have to come to work every day and play with consistency."

It was Miami quarterback Chad Pennington who oozed consistency as he picked apart the Patriots' defense by completing 17 of 20 passes for 226 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions.

When the Patriots keyed on Brown and Ricky Williams (16 carries, 98 yards), the veteran quarterback made them pay by finding soft spots in coverage.

"We were kind of running around like chickens with our heads cut off," said Seymour. "We really didn't know what to do. We didn't even make the plays when we had them wrapped up or bottled up."

Added Jarvis Green: "This just wasn't New England Patriots football today."

"We just weren't making the plays. We went into the locker room and came out ready to adjust and got everything together that we needed to do to make the plays and we didn't make the plays. They still outplayed us."

Not only didn't the Patriots' defense have answers for the Dolphins, it didn't have answers for another tough question: When was the last time the team endured such a beating?

"I don't know, maybe '02?" said Seymour, who was reminded of a 41-17 loss to San Diego from the 2005 season but still couldn't place the date.

"Was that '03 or '04? Something like that. Hey, what can you do? You get knocked down, you have to get back up and stay in the fight."

Indeed, the Patriots have a history of rebounding from tough early-season losses. There was the 31-0 loss to the Bills in the 2003 season-opener (New England finished 14-2 that year). Or even that fateful Miami game from 2001. The Patriots won 10 of their final 12 regular-season games that year before claiming the first of three Super Bowl crowns.

"It's just one bump in the road," said Harrison. "I told the guys that we just need to learn from it and come to work tomorrow with a positive attitude."

wow...Ronnie Brown was a man on a mission yesterday, kinda the same for Pennington.

Anywho, Titans a solid 3-0, defense still the best in my opinion (a very biased one)

I really enjoyed yesterdays game...between griese's like 70 pass attempts, and those nail biting finishes that come down to the kickers...Scobee is now a hero, Gramatica a zero.

Am I the only one but did anyone else see the Jets fans hold up the sign that J E S T?

You might have been the only one paying that much attention :P

PS:I like the Sabre's new jersey. If they lost the piping and the # on the front it would be a home run with me.

How about them Bills,,,3-0. :blink: .Sweet,,,,and let me enjoy it while i can!!!!! :lol::lol::unsure::unsure:

I think you have a good team there. The Bills have an excellent chance of winning the east.

The J E S T I mean JETS were and are overrated. Mangini is clueless and I hope Pennigton

outshines Favre all year. :P

lol i was the guy that screamed go cowboys at the scrimmage when it posted the cowboys game wasnt untill 8:15 during the 1st intermission =D. and Cowboys showed how aaron rodgers still has some work to do! he met Ware in fine style =P

Bills have impressed me, especially with the come from behind win against the raiders. Edwards is emerging as the qB the bills have been looking for since god knows when.

Maybe they'll actually beat the Pats this year,lol.