The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

Bills have impressed me, especially with the come from behind win against the raiders. Edwards is emerging as the qB the bills have been looking for since god knows when.

Maybe they'll actually beat the Pats this year,lol.

If the Pats keep playing the way they did against Miami, my son's Pop Warner team could beat them.

The bye week is a welcome sight this weekend. :unsure:

If the Pats keep playing the way they did against Miami, my son's Pop Warner team could beat them.

The bye week is a welcome sight this weekend. :unsure:

TSA you know how much I love the Pats :lol:

they are still a good team and will not go completely down the drain due

to one bad game. They are not a Super Bowl team, but they are far

from the Rams, Browns, Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs etc.

They will still win at least 9 games or maybe more. 10-6 is a good bet.

I think the Bills are improved and will be a serious threat to the Pats this year.

I am just happy Den is 3-0 but a lucky 3-0 to boot so far.

I like our chances for a blowout tomorrow. Smitty may have another mediocre game, because we typically run like crazy against Atlanta. Jonathan Stewart just might explode for 150 yards and a couple of TDs.

Go Pats! Oh yeah, thankfully they're not playing today.

Don't you worry, TSA. Billy Belicheck has got something up his sleve for this season. Ya'll gonna win the AFC East again and at least make the divisional round.

Helluva lot more than the Vikes can say (or hope for).

Go Pats! Oh yeah, thankfully they're not playing today.

Denver did not play too, wait :unsure: they lost to KC :angry:

oh well, cant stand prosperity.

the Az cardinals are sad though giving up 56 pts to the J E T S. unbelivable.

topsy turvy NFL season thus far. and the to the Panther fans congrats on the win :)

What are the refs smoking this week to be so blind? Phantom calls that werent there, and then missing OBVIOUS calls... What is going on?

BS Roughing call against Carolina to cancel a INT-TD, an odd "horse collar" call against Atlanta that didnt look that bad..The missed fieldgoal and the 12 man on the field.. the announcers counted out 12 men but only showed 11.. where was the 12th man? Was he on the line of scrimmage or running off? Now in the washington/dallas game.. its getting really weird... Pacman Jones gets his helmet pulled off but no facemask call... that odd offsides/false start that wasnt called.. a helmet to helmet head butt against Moss that was missed (Saw it on the replay guy kicked his head forward.. like a soccer header).. Washington gets a TD called back not once but TWICE... the first a holding that wasnt there.. then a illegal man downfield.. i understand the rule but how do you call that when the play is blown and the QB is scrambling for his life? Two plays with TO and a player wrapped around his shoulders and no interfernce call... just really getting wierd from the refs... and all of these plays affect scoring... very sketchy..

thank you chargers

YEAA DOLPHINS

What is it with these Florida teams, they all want to go from worst to first or something? I sure hope the Lightning arent going to follow suit with the Rays, and now the Dolphins. :lol:

As for the Pats, never thought Id say this but the offense looked really good and the defense couldnt stop mighty-mights. This really is going to be a long season. :mellow:

4-1 Carolina is second in the NFC behind the NY Giants. TB, Atlanta and NO are all bunched together at 7,8 and 9. If the standings stay this way I would say at least 2 NFC South teams make the playoffs. The NFCEast is kicking butt at #s 1, 3, 4 and 12. The NFC West is slacking at #s 5, 10, 14, 15.

If it plays out the way you would expect, TB and ATL fight it out for a wild card while Carolina should make it in as the division champ. We gotta beat Atlanta next week and put two games between us.. then we gotta beat TB the week after for the same reason... two tough games coming up for Carolina.

Buffalo got spanked by AZ so now NY and Tenn are the only 2 undefeated teams.. one in each Conference.

Titans 5-0...still under the radar though cause of their lack of offense.

I think the Titans are by far the best team in the AFC. They will be a force all season IMO B)

my broncos won a defensive battle, which is a shock

also a congrats to the Pats and TSA. they bounced back in a big way. I was impressed.

How bad must it be to be Reggie Bush right now? 2 punt returns for TDs that don't mean squat since they lost the game anyway. Plus his other offensive stats weren't that great, 29 yards rushing, 64 yards passing, 2 lost fumbles. They're lucky they lost by 3.. take away the two punt returns and thier only score in the second half was a FG from Grammatica who was 2 for 4..

Reggie could have had 3 punt returns for a TD if he hadn't tripped over his own feet on one of them.

I'm happy the Vikings won though. The farther away teams in the NFC South are from Carolina, the better.

Redskins are 4-1 what the...

I was ticked Gregg Williams didnt get the job but whatever bush Zorn was hiding behind works for me.

So anyone disappointed with their teams so far...I know Chargers fans are, but i know we have a Dolphins fan who has to be pretty surprised lately.

So anyone disappointed with their teams so far...I know Chargers fans are, but i know we have a Dolphins fan who has to be pretty surprised lately.

Well....... you already got my disappointing chargers. :lol:

Quite the opposite for Panthers fans.. what a start to the season!! All of our offseason talk about how tough the start of our schedule was.. road games against SD and Minnesota and how we could be in for a rough start and we end up 4-1. Delhomme sure knows how to crank up the late game heroics.. he seems to thrive in the 2 minute no huddle game on the line environment. Granted, I'd rather have him on the bench in the 4th like in the blowout against KC.. but the last minute wins sure are exciting to watch (a little bad on the blood pressure though).

I'm dissapointed with St Louis.. What in the world has happened there? I like to watch them because of the number of ACC players they've had over the years, Torry Holt, Dre Bly, Chris Long 3 guys from FSU.. etc... Seems like half there roster is from the ACC some years... man have they gone in the toilet from being Super Bowl contenders a few years ago.

I am also dissapointed with the Chargers.. seems like Rivers is doing a great job and yet somehow they can't win... not sure what the issue is there. I like watching Philip, and he seems to be having a break out year, and yet they are 2-3 including a loss to the Dolphins? Wow.. not what I expected at the beginning of this year.. I was hoping to watch Rivers challenge for his first SB ring. Rivers is passing 61%, 1100 yds with 11 touchdowns... why arent they winning? Seems like thier defense is letting them down.. They are 4th in the league scoring at 29.6 points a game, but 24th in the league in points allowed at 25.8... too many close games.

The Browns... :blink:

Beginning to wonder how long the coach will last when management, the players, the fans, and pretty much every other person in the world wants him to put in Brady Quinn but he still refuses. Think Quinn is the only backup I've ever known to have several commercials running on national TV for two years running now while he sits on the bench, too.