The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrickboy33

The Official NFL Off-Season thread

So anyone disappointed with their teams so far...I know Chargers fans are, but i know we have a Dolphins fan who has to be pretty surprised lately.

The Pats :(

Its just not the same team without Brady.

Hopefully todays headline can also read "Carolina Beats Tampa Bay" just like last night.. although I'd rather us get ahead and not need a late comeback.. although late comebacks are a Delhomme specialty. :)

Good God Vikes almost lost to the Lions today; was 10-2 going into the fourth quarter. I was ready to label this as the worst football weekend ever...but they came back and won. 3-3 now...barely. eeeeeeeeeeeeek.

Once again, praise the Lord for the Hurricanes.

And THAT is about as bizarre a finish to an NFL game as you'll ever see.

The blocked punt into the endzone in OT? So much for first team with the ball in OT automatically wins... good defense by AZ and bad throws by Romo

Dallas was lucky to even take the game to OT.. the Romo fumble in the endzone that got called back and took a TD away from Arizona was BS... he pulled his arm forward * to tuck it into his GUT *.. was not even close to a pass attempt... 14-0 Arizona and the game would probably be very different. Blown call, Dallas keeps the ball and ends up scoring to tie it 7-7. I think Arizona deserved the win. Surprised it was even close.. Romo fumbled it two or three times and the Dallas recievers were dropping balls left and right.

How about the Detroit QB running out of the back of the endzone for a safety? LOL.. can anyone say "rusty"?

I'm a little worried for Panthers vs Saints next week.. Bush gets two more TDs.. this time in a win... plaster the Raiders.. ouch.

he pulled his arm forward * to tuck it into his GUT *.. was not even close to a pass attempt...

Tom Brady did the same thing in the snow in 2002 and got away with it. Just saying.

Ugh, how soon is it till next season?

Matt Cassel reminds me of Tony Eason, only Cassel doesnt lay down as quickly. :rolleyes:

Heal fast Tom.

Ugh, how soon is it till next season?

Matt Cassel reminds me of Tony Eason, only Cassel doesnt lay down as quickly. :rolleyes:

Heal fast Tom.

Just checked the game...

:mellow:

Is the entire team falling apart or what? lol

Tom Brady did the same thing in the snow in 2002 and got away with it. Just saying.

Yeah.. the QB almost always gets the call. <_<

Its not quite over yet.. but how about the great game by the Chargers against the vaunted Patriots?

Philip has absolutely picked them apart. That poor rookie guy in the secondary let go two 40+ passes and a TD... and that was in the first quarter.

306 yards 3 TD no INT no sacks for Rivers. Glad to see Rivers finally win one going away and not lose in the last minute.

Wow you couldn't seal the deal Dolphins D? Way to go.

My team has a bad defense as well :(

The Bronx cant stop anyone on the run and they turned it over 4 times yesterday

Next week at Gods team on Monday Night :unsure::P

My team has a bad defense as well :(

The Bronx cant stop anyone on the run and they turned it over 4 times yesterday

Next week at Gods team on Monday Night :unsure::P

God is punishing his team with some modern day plagues :( .

They all just look so defeated right now.

So, how about those Browns? B)

I guess all they need to do is always have a threat on Anderson that he might be benched at any little mistake, and they'd probably be able to do what the Pats almost pulled off last year.

So, how about those Browns? B)

I guess all they need to do is always have a threat on Anderson that he might be benched at any little mistake, and they'd probably be able to do what the Pats almost pulled off last year.

That was an impressive win last night. Good job Cleveland. :)

Woof Go Browns!

They just had to spot the League a few games...they are all playing right into Cleveland's hands. :lol:

Like I said...Cleveland just had to spot the league a few games.

That was beautiful if you hate the Giants or love the Browns.

Like I said...Cleveland just had to spot the league a few games.

That was beautiful if you hate the Giants or love the Browns.

or if you had it in one of those "For Entertainment Purposes Pools" ;)

The NFC race is wide open right now. Giants at 4-1, followed by Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta, Arizona, Washington and Dallas all at 4-2... 3 NFC South teams in the top 6, and we are already playing against and beating each other. The parity in the NFC South is no joke. Green Bay, New Orleans, Philly and Minnesota at 3-3 are probably not out of the hunt yet either.

The NFC race is wide open right now. Giants at 4-1, followed by Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta, Arizona, Washington and Dallas all at 4-2... 3 NFC South teams in the top 6, and we are already playing against and beating each other. The parity in the NFC South is no joke. Green Bay, New Orleans, Philly and Minnesota at 3-3 are probably not out of the hunt yet either.

The whole NFL is wide open this year. With Brady going down

the AFC door opened up.

The Titans are 5-0 but would anyone count out Jax and Indy in that division, which is

the best in the NFL IMO.

The whole NFL is wide open this year. With Brady going down

the AFC door opened up.

The Titans are 5-0 but would anyone count out Jax and Indy in that division, which is

the best in the NFL IMO.

Yeah.. thats true.. the AFC is bunched up too.. being a panthers fan I care more about the NFC, but looking at it its pretty much the same.. Interestingly, a lot of the AFC teams have had an early bye and only played 5 games.. so theres a couple more different records then in the NFC.

Titans at 5-0, Pittsburgh and Buffalo at 4-1, Denver 4-2, Indy, NE, NYJ at 3-2 and SD, and Jax at 3-3. I think a few of the surprises in the AFC are of course NE at 3-2 and losing thier last two, SD at 3-3, but rising winning thier last couple. Denver started hot then lost thier last two...Buffalo at 4-1 who woulda guessed...

I would argue with you about the NFC south being a better division, but of course it all comes down to personal opinion anyway... The AFC south has Tenn at 5-0, yet also the Texans at 1-4, while the NFC south has 3 teams at 4-2 and the lowest team is 3-3. The AFC South has 465 points for and 439 points against, the NFC south has 569 points for and 454 points against, so a good bit better on offense, and slightly worse (nearly equal) on defense. That kinda surprises me since I figured the NFC south would be better on defense since at least Carolina and TB, and Atlanta also to a certain degree are known for thier defenses more then thier offense. You could say the AFC south has better teams, in Tenn and Indy, but the NFC south has more parity with all four teams being equal to each other, regardless of how we compare to the rest of the league.. this year we compare favorably, 3 teams in the top 6 in the NFC. Obviously in years past Indy has been the team to beat. Overall I'd say its a toss up... this year the NFC south has performed slightly better. If you include the Texans, the AFC South is a combined 12 out of 21 (12-9 or 0.571) the NFC south is 15 out of 25 (15-9 or 0.625). Obviously the NFC south has played more games, but we have more wins in those games, and strentgh of opponents arguements do apply. Its really hard to call.. both divisions are excelling at different things.

If the Titans meet the Panthers in the Superbowl then we will see which will prevail.. lol :)