The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caniac-97

Hmm what should we talk about now?

So did everyone remember to set their clocks back an hour?

Nope and I happily slept till 10:30am :)

My Dad sent me a link to this "Road Train" video. But the more impressive sight is that Mammoet segmented mobile platform creation. Didn't they use something similar when moving the Hatteras Lighthouse?

My Dad sent me a link to this "Road Train" video. But the more impressive sight is that Mammoet segmented mobile platform creation. Didn't they use something similar when moving the Hatteras Lighthouse?

I must say that was impressive to watch. I don't think I have seen anything like that before.

I was lucky enough to see the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse move. Through my work I was able to go on-site for a close up view. They used a mat, rail ( I-beams)and roller system propelled by hydraulic jacks. After each move the jacks would be reset for another push. if I remember, the move went faster then first expected but still took several weeks. I went to the site several times. It was amazing to see.

So,, with not much to discuss about Canes Hockey (if you want to call it that) what can we talk about over here,,Holidays,,waiting for summer--already,, Tv shows we like,,,maybe our thoughts about who could be the Canes next coach,,,,,oh sorry,,, off topic,,off topic ----- man thats hard to get out of my brain!!!lol Ok back on "off topic" what your favorite beer, how much we love our dog?? are your/ my kids brats? Hmm I guess there IS MORE to talk about over here!!! :gunhead::dance:

what your favorite beer, how much we love our dog??

PBR

Yuengling

Duck Rabbit Milk Stout

and this vietamese beer Red Dot 33

and I love my dog sooo much. He is at a loss as to the Mo situation...wait wait off topic

No dog, I have a rabbit. He's a lot of fun!

Beer is relativly new to me, but I know I like stouts. Guinness Extra Stout and Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout. I do like Heineken though.

Man this off season seems to be taking forever,, can't wait til the "NEW CANES" get out on the ice.. Hopefully the 2011 season is a lot different than the last couple years.. ouch,,what the heck was that?? something dropped on my head and now I have lost almost 2 months of my life..When I started this post there hasn't been a game and before I could finish,,something hit me on the head and now its 2 months later(18 games) and the same old Canes are back on the ice,, but I could swear they are the same team from the last few years,,nothing had changed except the date on this post and Kabs went from 5 to 51!!! Wow that was 1 heck of a shot to the head!!! :shock::dizzy:

I think coastal posted and it hasn't shown?

Ah not only had it not posted, it hadn't posted in 2 days. Man this forum software is written by some real experts.

Have fun DJ. My bike is tied up in paperwork and also needs a re-jet. Maybe next year.

Have fun DJ. My bike is tied up in paperwork and also needs a re-jet. Maybe next year.

Unfortunetly I had to cancel this springs Bike Week( bad news from Doc), hopefully will be able to go in the fall.Really looking forwards to the fall rally!

Unfortunetly I had to cancel this springs Bike Week( bad news from Doc), hopefully will be able to go in the fall.Really looking forwards to the fall rally!

Good luck DJ, hopefully yours was caught early and is very treatable. Probably not much fun for you right now but you'll be relieved when you get back on your bike.