The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caniac-97

Hmm what should we talk about now?

What really makes me laugh is when someone is worried about what people from other boards think when they come here! The whole "redneck" Hockey thing. Heck i am from New York State so i'm not sure where all that stuff comes from.We have some of the biggest rednecks in the country there. Must be more of a North /South problem. Plus alot of people forget how many of us "yankees" have given up on our old teams and are now huge Canes fans!!

What really makes me laugh is when someone is worried about what people from other boards think when they come here! The whole "redneck" Hockey thing. Heck i am from New York State so i'm not sure where all that stuff comes from.We have some of the biggest rednecks in the country there. Must be more of a North /South problem. Plus a lot of people forget how many of us "Yankees" have given up on our old teams and are now huge Canes fans!!

I agree, I really don't care what some of our PC fans think when they come here much less folks from other boards!! Either become part of this community and post your opinions or go elsewhere!!

Well, I guess this thread is the "leper colony" of ch.com. We are now quarantined here so our fungus will not spread to the good people of the board.

I like it here, I think I'll stay a while.

Here is an Off Topic query?

Perhaps some of Y'all know this but the Microbrew Festival is the day after opening night on Oct 3rd. Any of you planning to attend? I went solo last year and it was "memorable". Wife left me there an extra hour which created some issues. This year I have a chaperone/partner in crime(Superdave).

I will likely wear Hurricanes themed clothing and am considering wearing "The Helmet" (Hockey of course). Wife might not be too psyched as wearing it usually leads to video coverage. I reckon Dave will have to wear his 3 Dog, oops I mean Wolf shirt.

If any others are planning to attend we should meet up.

Perhaps some of Y'all know this but the Microbrew Festival is the day after opening night on Oct 3rd. Any of you planning to attend? I went solo last year and it was "memorable". Wife left me there an extra hour which created some issues. This year I have a chaperone/partner in crime(Superdave).

I will likely wear Hurricanes themed clothing and am considering wearing "The Helmet" (Hockey of course). Wife might not be too psyched as wearing it usually leads to video coverage. I reckon Dave will have to wear his 3 Dog, oops I mean Wolf shirt.

I know my "associate" is ready to go. I really should post your "Canes Superfan" picture so these guys would know why your wife fears the video coverage. When do the tickets go on sale?

Well, I guess this thread is the "leper colony" of ch.com. We are now quarantined here so our fungus will not spread to the good people of the board.

I like it here, I think I'll stay a while.

yep, day one of CJI!!

I know my "associate" is ready to go. I really should post your "Canes Superfan" picture so these guys would know why your wife fears the video coverage. When do the tickets go on sale?

I don't mind the pic post. Better than others I have had taken.

Tickets go on sale September 8, 2009.

General admission tickets are $40 per session ($50 at the door if not sold out). VIP tickets are $75 per session ($85 at the door if not sold out). VIP tickets are limited and only sold online. On-line tickets sold by E-tix.

I don't mind the pic post. Better than others I have had taken.

Tickets go on sale September 8, 2009.

General admission tickets are $40 per session ($50 at the door if not sold out). VIP tickets are $75 per session ($85 at the door if not sold out). VIP tickets are limited and only sold online. On-line tickets sold by E-tix.

so it is safe to assume you have thoroughly researched this!! :lol: :lol:

so it is safe to assume you have thoroughly researched this!! :lol: :lol:

To the best of my feeble, non-synapse firing, crusty old, beer soaked redneck brain .

Yes.

Disclaimer: No "Leopards" were harmed or hopefully offended by this post.

I have never been to one of those beer festivals, is it hard going from 1 beer to another and on to another. Usually for me its hard to switch beers once I get started on 1 brand/flavor.

I have never been to one of those beer festivals, is it hard going from 1 beer to another and on to another. Usually for me its hard to switch beers once I get started on 1 brand/flavor.

I have never had a problem. I think I have a special talent though. It came with my long toe.

I look at it like this. Being married constitutes "one flavor" (hopefully).

If you ever have the opportunity to get into sampling multiple flavors you will not turn it down.

(Assuming no financial penalty) ;)

Ok people how do you guys feel about the Vick situation in Philly?

I myself think he should never be able to play any pro sport. He may have served his sentence to sociaty but IMO what he did to those dogs is Unforgivable..

Just MY Opinion and my 2 cents!

I myself think he should never be able to play any pro sport. He may have served his sentence to society but IMO what he did to those dogs is Unforgivable..

I have recently considered Philly a thug team so signing a thug is no surprise. To let him play though, I think there needs to be a serious stipulation that one slip (no matter how minor) and you are banned for life.

I have recently considered Philly a thug team so signing a thug is no surprise. To let him play though, I think there needs to be a serious stipulation that one slip (no matter how minor) and you are banned for life.

You are alot more forgiving than me!!! ;):lol:

I hope every stadium plays "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT" every time he hits the field!

Disclaimer----hope i didn't offend any "illeagal dogfighters" :unsure:

Heck i won't even use "Vicks" vapo rub anymore!!!

Disclaimer---hopefully no one with a cold was offended!! :blink:

I myself think he should never be able to play any pro sport. He may have served his sentence to sociaty but IMO what he did to those dogs is Unforgivable..

Talk about an issue that has a lot of angles. Yes, he served about a two year sentence and therefore had a 2 year suspension from the NFL by default. Yes, what he did was terrible. It would be a lot easier for the NFL to ban him if they had a rule that a convicted felon could not play in the league. If they ban him, they have groups screaming that he paid his dues and claiming racism or something. If they don't ban him, they have groups like the SPCA screaming.

I'm really glad that I don't have to make that decision.

You are alot more forgiving than me!!! ;):lol:

I hope every stadium plays "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT" every time he hits the field!

Disclaimer----hope i didn't offend any "illegal dogfighters" :unsure:

Heck i won't even use "Vicks" vapo rub anymore!!!

Disclaimer---hopefully no one with a cold was offended!! :blink:

your idea would be great only if they let out a pack of pit bulls during the song that have Vick's scent!!

disclaimer: not pit bulls were harmed in this post nor was any Vick's Vapor rub harmed in any way.

Talk about an issue that has a lot of angles. Yes, he served about a two year sentence and therefore had a 2 year suspension from the NFL by default. Yes, what he did was terrible. It would be a lot easier for the NFL to ban him if they had a rule that a convicted felon could not play in the league. If they ban him, they have groups screaming that he paid his dues and claiming racism or something. If they don't ban him, they have groups like the SPCA screaming.

wouldn't pro sports lose more than a few players if they banned convicted felons!!

wouldn't pro sports lose more than a few players if they banned convicted felons!!

I could live with that.

I couldn't get a job with the Postal Service if I were a convicted felon. I would think most corporations have similar hiring practices. I didn't say misdemeanors, only felony convictions. If they did away with players with misdemeanors, they probably couldn't field two teams to play.

Yeah that would work,,plus they already have the right accromym in effect

NFL

No Felon League!

I find your ideas intriguing, and wish to subscribe to your news letter. Beer is almost as good as hockey.

I find your ideas intriguing, and wish to subscribe to your news letter. Beer is almost as good as hockey.

If I were forced to choose to give up beer or hockey, I'd have a problem.